default header

Games

Shadowrun (Mega Drive) and other Cyberpunk RPGs

Moderator: JC Denton

Shadowrun (Mega Drive) and other Cyberpunk RPGs

Unread postby bullethell » 08 Jun 2008 12:23

I can't wait to play it again later today. This Cyberpunk 16-Bit RPG is a masterpiece. It's so refreshing to play a role playing game without swords and hungry goblins from time to time. I stopped playing a translated rom of Seiken Densetsu 3. Got sick of killing rabbites and getting the same Gnome sprite from the first US/EU game Secret Of Mana/Seiken Densetsu 2 (JP). All the same over and over again. Shadowrun is something new to me. I plan to finish it before touching any other game. I am ready to spend time.

Can you recommend me any other good Cyberpunk RPG?
bullethell

Unread postby Molloy » 09 Jun 2008 19:06

Isn't the SNES version the one that's meant to be the masterpiece? I remember reading a big "Making of.." article in Edge and it sounded pretty fantastic. I'm not a very enthusiastic RPG player though so I never really got into it so much.

Deus Ex is probably the obvious other cyberpunk RPG. I'm rather partial to System Shock 2, but I find it a tad too stressful to play due to the crazy difficulty level.
Molloy

Unread postby bullethell » 11 Jun 2008 20:02

The Genesis Shadowrun is the second game in the series, with a more open ended (or sandbox) style of gameplay than its SNES precursor (Shadowrun by Beam Software). It is generally considered the closest videogame adaptation of the Pen and Paper Shadowrun RPG to date
Source: Wikipedia

However I am planning to play the Super Nintendo version soon and so I will have my own opinion. But now the Megadrive version have eaten a big part of my gaming time. Deus Ex is another game I should spend time with. I am even motivated enough to buy a few William Gibson Cyberpunk books. Bah.
Mario Kart Wii and Metal Gear Solid The Essential Collection box are still boxed! :/
bullethell

Return to Games