default header

Games

ronan's graphic works

Moderator: JC Denton

Unread postby ronan » 07 May 2012 21:44

I had in fact tried to make it a bit asymetrical from left to right with an easy method, but it appears it was not sufficient. Is that better?

header_X360_b_bis.jpg
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 07 May 2012 22:33

I think so. Let me try it on an actual page and I'll let you know.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 14 May 2012 22:13

header_XBOX.jpg

header_XBOX_a.jpg
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby ronan » 14 May 2012 22:52

header_PS2.jpg

header_PS2_a.jpg

header_PS2_b.jpg

header_PS2_c.jpg
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 15 May 2012 01:54

Yep, that's what I had in mind more or less. Can you also try a PSP one, because I have quite a few reviews for that system coming up?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 15 May 2012 22:36

header_PSP.jpg

header_PSP_e.jpg

header_PSP_b.jpg
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 16 May 2012 01:00

I like the first two best. I'll be using them shortly, thank you.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 18 May 2012 21:53

header_DC_f.png

header_DC_ter.jpg
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 18 May 2012 23:26

The second one, no contest. Easily the best one you've made so far.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 11 Sep 2012 22:19

I have seen vertical artifacts in the right part of header ninjagaiden_b.jpg, so I edited it.

ninjagaiden_b_mod.jpg
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Sep 2012 17:53

I took that image from the frontpage of the official NG3 site (I even think it was the Japanese one, if I remember correctly), so these lines do not appear to be artifacts, but somehow intended by the artist. They are very pronounced in the full-scale version of the illustration, so perhaps they have some meaning that has something to do with the game? Sounds crazy, I know, but I am reluctant to mess with it, especially considering they don't really bother me aesthetically, as all the other edits I ask you to make from time to time.

So I'll wait until I play the game, and we'll see. Thanks for the effort though.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Sep 2012 22:13

Ok, I ended up saying what the hell and just updated it.

I've basically got around 90 headers now, which is quite a feat considering, and plenty for now, but there are a few that need a little touch-up before I can call it a day with this aspect of the site and move on to updating other aspects. So I'll post them here for you to take a look, and you do what you can when you can. (And don't forget when saving them to keep the size down to around 130KB max.)

http://culture.vg/images/headers/darksouls.jpg

Some shit at the bottom-left corner that needs cleaning.

http://culture.vg/images/headers/magicthegathering.jpg

Again at the bottom-left corner there is something that looks like a little stick, which is the top part of a spear, and it needs to go. It's very small, practically tiny, but you'll see it.

http://culture.vg/images/headers/deusex.jpg

This is a little more difficult. I want the missile/bomb thing that the cops have fired at him (at around the middle of the top of the image) to disappear along with its smoke-trail, but in such a manner so that the smoke cloud will not look butchered or anything. You'll basically have to remove just as much smoke as is necessary, but not too much.

There may be a couple more but I need to get hold of large monitor to look at all of them carefully, because the 10" laptop screen I am using is not ideal for the job.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 15 Sep 2012 01:39

And here's another one:

tomclancysrainbowsix.jpg

Is it possible to remove the red stuff?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 15 Sep 2012 21:30

darksouls.jpg

magicthegathering.jpg

deusex.jpg

As for the Rainbow Six header, it is not easy to edit. I will try a bit more and let you know if I succeed.
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby ronan » 15 Sep 2012 23:07

I combined it with another similar image. There are some dirty edits, but it is not too visible, I think.

tomclancysrainbowsix.jpg
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Sep 2012 02:19

I can't see any problems on my 10" monitor, so I uploaded it along with the rest. Except the Deus Ex one, actually. It's a good job, but I now realized that all the smoke is due to the missile, and without it makes no sense. So I'll think about that. But the rest work great, thanks. I'll have a couple more easy edits for you tomorrow, and then I'll call it a day with headers for a long time. There are so many of them now that when I upload a new one and want to check how it looks in place, I have to wait for ages until the frontpage cycles to it. Can't imagine what it will be like when I reach like 200. I guess in that case I'll have to disable some of the old ones, then check the new ones are alright, then enable the old ones again, or something
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Nov 2012 06:31

You can now see your 360 header in the 360 mini-review thread. It looks great, and unless you make any alternates I'll be using it in every kind of 360 thread/main site page. If you do try to make any alternates, one good idea would be to have one without the name of the console. Simply with a logo or something. Because the thread title already says "Xbox 360" you see, and there's no way to remove it. On the main site, on the other hand, it will look fine because I don't have to include a title for a page if I don't want to. And the same goes for the PS3 and all the other systems. The ideal would be one header with graphics only, and another with graphics+logo.

Another request would be headers specifically for Xbox Live and for XBLA (these are two different things...) And a PC header would be nice too, though I've no idea what you could use for it... Failing any good ideas, perhaps a generic Windows one would tide me over for a while... See if you can do anything.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 21 Nov 2012 22:15

Here are two attempts already:

XboxLive.jpg

XBLA.jpg
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Nov 2012 23:55

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 22 Nov 2012 21:19

header_360b.jpg

header_360c.jpg
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Nov 2012 23:21

I prefer the first one, though I might also use the second one at some point on some other pages. You can see the first one here:

http://culture.vg/forum/topic?f=6&t=3999

The DC and XB ones you made are perfect and I'll be using them soon. Other priorities right now are a PSP one, even if it's just a plain logo, because I really don't like any of the ones you've made so far, and for the arcades and the PC. DS and GameCube ones would be nice too. I'll be posting a lot of mini-reviews for all these platforms soon, so it'd help with my motivation if the threads looked nice too. Thanks again for all the help!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 23 Nov 2012 20:24

PSP.png
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Nov 2012 23:48

It does the job and I added it to the PSP thread, but did you try making it the same size as the PS2 one? You seem to have positioned their right edges on the same exact spot, which is great, but the PSP one is something like 20% taller. I think I prefer the size of the PS2...

http://culture.vg/forum/topic?f=6&t=3855
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 24 Nov 2012 00:34

It was easier to make it a bit bigger because of the source image I used. But you are right: it does look better with the same size as the PS2 one.

PSP b.png
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Nov 2012 00:39

I replaced it, and it looks great, but you now seem to have moved it a few pixels to the left...
icycalm
Hyperborean

PreviousNext

Return to Games