Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [360] [PS3] Saints Row IV

Unread postby Texas » 15 Mar 2013 18:02

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/saints-row-iv-announced

Saints-Row-IV_2013_03-15-13_005.jpg

Saints-Row-IV_2013_03-15-13_001.jpg

Saints-Row-IV_2013_03-15-13_002.jpg

Saints-Row-IV_2013_03-15-13_003.jpg

The next entry in the Saints Row franchise, Saints Row IV, is coming this summer from Deep Silver and Volition, the publisher has announced.

Saints Row IV continues the story of the Third Street Saints, whose street level has been elevated to “leaders of the free world”—the Saints boss has been elected President of the United States. But a a “catastrophic alien invasion” begins, and the Saints have been transported to a “bizarro-Steelport simulation.” With “gargantuan superpowers” allow the Saints to “leap over buildings, outrun the fastest sports cars, or send enemies flying with telekinesis” at their disposal, they must fight to free humanity from the alien honcho Zinyak’s mental grasp.

Saints Row IV will launch for current-gen consoles and PC on August 20 in North America and August 23 worldwide.

Announcement Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqA6mUzTlXk
Texas

Unread postby Fudge » 15 Mar 2013 18:46

Enormous concept art/desktop wallpaper I found on All Games Beta:

1363361197-key-art.jpg
Fudge

Unread postby Ununpentium » 09 May 2013 23:06

Ununpentium

Unread postby icycalm » 10 May 2013 01:41

They really have no coherent vision for this series. They just do whatever the fuck comes to mind with each new installment.

Also, JC Denton-lookalike spotted.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Qpo » 10 May 2013 12:27

Meet The President trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb1svBnSx4c
Qpo

Unread postby alastair » 26 Jun 2013 12:00

It was refused classification in Australia.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/an-ali ... ification/

The game includes a weapon referred to by the Applicant as an “Alien Anal Probe”. The Applicant states that this weapon can be “shoved into enemy’s backsides”. The lower half of the weapon resembles a sword hilt and the upper part contains prong-like appendages which circle around what appears to be a large dildo which runs down the centre of the weapon. When using this weapon the player approaches a clothed victim from behind and thrusts the weapon between the victim’s legs and then lifts them off the ground before pulling a trigger which launches the victim into the air. After the probe has been implicitly inserted into the victim’s anus the area around their buttocks becomes pixelated highlighting that the aim of the weapon is to penetrate the victim’s anus. The weapon can be used during game on enemy characters or civilians. In the Board’s opinion, a weapon designed to penetrate the anus of enemy characters and civilians constitutes a visual depiction of implied sexual violence that is interactive and not justified by context and as such the game should be Refused Classification.

The game contains an optional mission which involves the player obtaining and smoking drugs referred to as “alien narcotics”. Smoking the “alien narcotics” equips the player with “superpowers” which increase their in-game abilities allowing them to progress through the mission more easily.
alastair

Unread postby Fudge » 11 Jul 2013 22:35

Fudge

Unread postby dinopoke » 19 Jul 2013 05:44

dinopoke

Unread postby Fudge » 28 Jul 2013 17:54

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/26/lates ... g-display/

GotG.jpg

Emperor Zinyak Commandeers Deep Silver PR Department, Announces Saints Row IV 'Game of the Generation' Edition

ZIN EMPIRE, July 26, 2013 – ATTENTION ALL SENTIENT MEMBERS OF THE HUMAN SPECIES:

Hello. Emperor Zinyak here, speaking through the abominable and lowly marketing and public relations departments of Deep Silver, which I assure you will be much handled now that I am in control. It has come to my attention that the so-called "Super Dangerous Wub Wub Edition" of the upcoming Saints Row IV title for PC and Consoles needed more "wub" and rare items for the gamers of today and therefore I have commandeered these contemptible departments to issue news of my own version of the Saints Row IV collector's edition, one collector's edition to rule them all. Today I present to you the SAINTS ROW IV GAME OF THE GENERATION EDITION.

Included in the stupendously triumphant GAME OF THE GENERATION EDITION (USD $129.99 WHILE SUPPLIES LAST – ONLY 5000 COPIES PRODUCED) is a rare and coveted Display Case of Everlasting Glory: a light-up rotating display case with an individually-numbered plaque indicating exclusiveness, elitism, AAAAA quality and other highbrow words describing your unwavering dedication to my ultimate reign over humanity. Additionally, because you love the finer things in life but will never be more than a tiny, insignificant human being and therefore lesser than the greatest being of them all, myself, the GAME OF THE GENERATION EDITION comes with a "Top Shelf" velvet pouch for you to protect this treasure and pass it down to any offspring I may or may not allow you to produce. And in a show of my truly magnanimous nature, the GAME OF THE GENERATION EDITION includes all items in the previously announced Super Dangerous Wub Wub edition as well. You're welcome.

And in the event that you need a reminder, since I know human brains are far less powerful than my own perfect and luxuriously sculpted brain, included in the Super Dangerous Wub Wub edition ($99.99 USD) is a 12-inch Dubstep gun replica capable of rendering your enemies absolutely speechless with the power of music. The ultra-high quality weapon replica with its sleek design, delightful "wubs" directly from the in-game Dubstep Gun and a laser sight. Yes, it's a replica. You don't really think I'd allow you to have an actual weapon, do you?

Additionally the Super Dangerous Wub Wub Edition comes with an awe-inspiring 8-inch Johnny Gat Memorial Statue for all Saints to be able to pay tribute to the greatest Saint. Future generations will gaze upon Johnny's grandeur while learning the history of his glorious murdering sprees with the Third Street Saints.

And because no President, especially yours, America, is ever without 'the button,' the Super Dangerous Wub Wub edition comes with a pocket-sized Dubstep Doomsday Button so fans can drop bombs on the go. Look at you. So powerful!

Fans of the game and citizens of Steelport who purchase either collector's edition will also receive all in-game items from the Commander in Chief pre-order bonus, which include a Screaming Eagle that fires rockets out of its talons and can invoke the "Sonic Scream" attack, a limited-edition American-iconic "Uncle Sam" uniform decked out in those horrendous American flag colors and a stimulus package of epic proportions – the 'Merica gun – a massive compilation of primitive human firepower.

The Super Dangerous Wub Wub edition and the GAME OF THE GENERATION EDITION of Saints Row IV are now available for preorder in North America and will only be available as long as supplies last.

Saints Row IV launches August 20th, 2013 across North and Latin America and August 23rd in the rest of the world. While you still have a world, anyway.
Fudge

Unread postby Some guy » 25 Jun 2014 14:24

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/06/sai ... ition.html

saints-row-iv-national-treasure-edition-ps3.jpg

saints-row-iv-national-treasure-edition-360.jpg

Welcome to the Gun Show: Saints Row IV ‘National Treasure Edition’ Available This Summer

For beautiful and spacious skies and all the D-L-C! Deep Silver announced the Saints Row IV National Treasure Edition today, coming to the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC or via digital download this summer for $29.99. Shipping to retailers on July 8th, the title will be available via digital download and on store shelves by mid-July.

Included in the National Treasure Edition will be the entirety of the Saints Row IV add-on content catalogue totaling a whopping 29 separate DLC items and content packs totaling more than $60 dollars in value. Also included is the fabulous Grass Roots ‘Merica! gun, which functions similarly to the completely insane and otherwise totally bad ass multi-use weapon previously only available in the Commander In Chief Edition. The National Treasure Edition Grass Roots ‘Merica is a weapon with unmeasurable freedom containing: a light machine gun, a sub machine gun, an auto shotgun, heavy pistol, a minigun, a rocket launcher, a flamethrower and a huge combat knife all in one gun. MERICA!

The full list of the 29 DLC items and content included in the Saints Row IV National Treasure Edition can be found at saintsrow.com.

In the award-winning and multi-million selling fourth installment of Saints Row, Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level – the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarre Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak’s mental grasp. Escape the simulation that’s trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.
Some guy

Return to Games