default header

Roleplaying

PC Pathfinder: Gallowspire Survivors

Moderator: JC Denton

PC Pathfinder: Gallowspire Survivors

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Jun 2023 02:29

Vampire Survivors-type game for Pathfinder lol. I suppose I'll get to try out this "genre" after all.

But not my players. I am not even linking the trailer here because spoilers. Even worse is a PC Gamer preview where they spoil the ending of Pathfinder Season 1 lol. Truly rotten people.

Even the Steam page has spoilers. Even the brief description at the top, and it gets worse as you scroll down. So I won't be linking the Steam page here.

This piece of crap game isn't worth spoiling a decade of epic fantasy roleplaying for. Just avoid this game and news of this game like the plague (and if you do happen to be exposed to something, keep it to yourself). I will put it as unlockable after the end of the Carrion Crown campaign, which takes place around Gallowspire. So if you're impatient to play this game, convince your team to pick Carrion Crown as your next campaign. It's great, it's the horror one. The losers from Kingmaker PVP will have to pick other campaign(s), so it can very well be this.

All that said, this game DOES look like the best in its genre. Far and away the best. So that's something. It sounds a lot more complex than the typical, with an AI companion, and more leveling options. And of course the aesthetics aren't rotten. I'll play it when it comes out and I'll see exactly where it fits in the overworld. It's possible that with enough Knowledge checks you could get the background for Gallowspire and unlock this minigame before Carrion Crown.

And I have to say that, from what I know about Gallowspire (I haven't read a lot because it isn't directly relevant to any of the campaigns we're now running), it DOES seem like a thematically-appropriate location to set an infinite-horde type game in.

TBA 2023.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: PC Pathfinder: Gallowspire Survivors

Unread postby ExiledOne » 16 Jun 2023 01:40

There are browser plugins you can use to avoid accidentally seeing information about this game and thus spoiling Pathfinder for yourself.

I use one called "Spoiler Protection 2.0". It works in Chrome, Firefox, and Opera GX if you use the extension that allows you to use Chrome extensions.

I set it up like this and it blocked out the entire post (well the relevant stuff) on the frontpage with big red boxes that tell you the category and what word triggered the block. You can click on it to override it.

There's also a whitelist feature. If you use this, you should whitelist Insomnia by adding "culture.vg*" into the whitelist, which is to the right under the Categories tab. This thread should appear normally after you do this. Twitch will be there by default as well. If you want to whitelist Twitch also, you have to add the asterisk at the end of the URL. It's probably best not to though actually.

This one's pretty straightforward. If you use it for other stuff, it can be a little aggressive depending on how you set it up so you may have to fiddle with the keywords a bit more. That's much preferable to getting randomly spoiled while absentmindedly browsing YouTube or something. It should work on the Steam page too (in the browser anyway) but I'm not testing that lol.
ExiledOne

Re: PC Pathfinder: Gallowspire Survivors

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Aug 2023 06:37

This is coming out on Steam Early Access September 14. I repeat that it spoils the Pathfinder Season 1 metaplot right from its Steam page, before you’ve even started playing the game, and I don’t think it’s worth it for the sake of playing one of the most wretched genres ever. I won’t stop anyone wanting to play this, but why not play Baldur’s Gate 3 instead, or Solasta, or the Dark Alliance games, or many other CRPGs or CRPG-adjacent licensed games? Play Cyberpunk 2077 and its expansion, play the Original Sin games if you haven’t already. I can recommend more titles if you ask me for recommendations. Several official D&D CRPGs are spoilery, but others aren’t, and I can tell you which are which if you want to know.

If you do end up playing this game, try your best to keep your knowledge of the metaplot separate from your Battlegrounds characters’ knowledge.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Roleplaying