default header

Games

ronan's graphic works

Moderator: JC Denton

Unread postby ronan » 10 Apr 2017 21:25

I had somehow missed your message... Here are the banners. Since Battle.net is being rebranded to simply Blizzard, I have added the "new" logo.

gog galaxy.png
gog galaxy.png (7.92 KiB) Viewed 7982 times

gog galaxy 2.png
gog galaxy 2.png (8.1 KiB) Viewed 7982 times

Battle.net.png
Battle.net.png (13.75 KiB) Viewed 7982 times

Blizzard.png
Blizzard.png (11.34 KiB) Viewed 7982 times

Blizzard 2.png
Blizzard 2.png (12.1 KiB) Viewed 7982 times
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Apr 2017 21:49

Yeah, I heard about that, but Blizzard's logo is so ugly that I will go with Battle.net until they make a new logo, however long that takes.

As for the delay, I figured you were busy. It wasn't urgent anyway.

I'll get to updating the frontpage soon. Thanks a lot!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Apr 2017 14:40

I put the Battle.net banner on the frontpage, but noticed that it is a little taller than the others, 110 pixels instead of the usual 100, so I cropped five off the top and bottom. The others in your last batch are all taller too, so you might want to check at least the GOG ones because I am planning to use one of them soon and I am not sure if a simple crop will do the job in that case too.

Another thing I wanted to ask you, ronan, was a new YouTube banner. If you check the top of the sidebar right now you will see a YouTube text link right under the Twitch banner ("Live Gaming"), but I am not very happy with the look of that section and would like to try a banner for YouTube to see if it would improve. However, the Twitch banner's dimensions are irregular. I think the width is the standard 270 pixels, but I don't know what the height is because it is automatically generated by code and there's no image whose properties I can check (and the code specifies a kind of percentage value off of who knows what, so I can't see the height there either). So if you can figure out the size of the banner and make a YouTube one the exact same size, I can try it on and see if there's any aesthetic improvement. Let me know.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 30 Apr 2017 19:54

Here you are. Your Twitch banner is 64 pixels tall (on my PC at least), so I made two YouTube banners with the same size, the second one having a black background.

gog galaxy.png
gog galaxy.png (7.94 KiB) Viewed 7952 times

gog galaxy 2.png
gog galaxy 2.png (8.1 KiB) Viewed 7952 times

YouTube small.png
YouTube small.png (3.55 KiB) Viewed 7952 times

YouTube small black.png
YouTube small black.png (3.98 KiB) Viewed 7952 times
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Apr 2017 20:44

Thanks for the quick response. You can see the YT one now on the frontpage, but I am wondering if it would look better if you shifted the logo to the left so that it would occupy the exact same width as the icon and text above it. I.e. the leftmost part of the YT logo would fall exactly under the leftmost part of the icon, and the rightmost part of the logo would fall exactly under the rightmost part of the InsomniaCult text. You would probably have to resize the YT logo to achieve this...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 30 Apr 2017 22:05

I shifted the logo to the left, but it is not wide enough to reach the top right of the text, and I cannot enlarge it without cropping...

YouTube small black 2.png
YouTube small black 2.png (3.72 KiB) Viewed 7944 times
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Apr 2017 22:08

I replaced it.

It's still an improvement over the previous version and I am happy with it for now.

Thanks again for the ultra-fast response!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Previous

Return to Games