default header

Cult Citizen

Cult Hangars

Moderator: JC Denton

Cult Hangars

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Mar 2024 16:13

Leak: personal hangar size assignment
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... assignment

bmemike wrote:This feels very much like a "version 1" limitation and probably not something to worry about.

Otherwise, new players would never get a hangar that would accommodate new ships they purchased.

WarpTroll wrote:They used to sell just the hangar, for I think $10 back before the PU existed.

This is certainly a temporary issue, T0 implementation. Or rather T1, since the regular hangars are T0. Still, if you ignore it you'll end up stuck with a smaller hangar for months, if not longer. No one knows when this issue will be resolved. So if you want to enjoy your home hangar to the full, the only solution is to buy with cash BEFORE you log into 3.23 for the first time the largest ship you intend to use. For me that means spending a few bucks to upgrade one of my ships to the Reclaimer. Hopefully the Reclaimer will be offered with the 3.23 launch, but if not I'll get a grey market one.

Use this thread to discuss your persistent hangar and hangars in general, as well as our hangar strategy. I'll only give a brief glimpse into my new 4X plans by saying that:

1. All of our players MUST make ArcCorp their home base in 3.23 (though your actual spawn point can be different, as usual), which means that all our persistent hangars will be in Area18

2. Unless at least one of our players promotes himself to (Planetary) Commander and chooses another planet as his home base, at which point any player who wants to move to that planet can move there and be under the command of that Commander

I will explain more in an extensive post soon, and certainly before 3.23 launches, which I estimate to be coming in a couple of weeks.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Star Hoarder/Cult Hoarder

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Mar 2024 00:20

I plan to purchase ALL ground vehicles and arrange them around the fringes of the massivest hangar. And THEN I plan to stick AS MANY ships as possible on the hugest landing pad available. And THEN I plan to collect ALL the box cargo types and stack them in a corner, and THEN I plan to display every item and piece of gear or whatever in another corner. And then I'll take some pics and post them online under the title "Cult Hoarder" to match the game's upcoming name change to "Star Hoarder".

Here's a discussion on how I might be able to make all this work, functionally: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... r_thoughts

vangard_14 wrote:Hangar thoughts

I was thinking about my hopes for personal hangars, and was remembering that I wanted to be able to just have multiple ships laying around in different spots in the hangar. Do we think you’ll be able to make this work somehow? Maybe flying ships from a station and landing in your hangar and arranging them while never actually calling the lift? I’m thinking to make this work you’d have to set spawn to the station and just park then backspace repeatedly. Im really hoping this is at least possible. Even if it means maybe having to go to different places to call ships that you couldn’t fit to keep it from messing it up.

malogos wrote:We really need multiple pads in the instanced hangars to pull up multiple ships at the same time.

Dangerous-Wall-2672 wrote:Like the old days. I remember when we had to manage our hangars through the RSI site, but the hangars would dynamically expand to accommodate the ships we had loaded in at once.

The_Fallen_1 wrote:It is something I think they plan on properly having eventually when they implement more hangar types, but for now it looks like you might be able to do it if the hangar is large enough that you can take a ship fully off the ship elevator before calling up another one.

So I suspect in the larger hangars you might be able to have one big ship on the elevator and one or two small ships tucked away at the sides where there's not much going on. You might be able to fit more in by landing them, but you'll probably lose access to the ship elevator.

ElmerFett wrote:They've already said we would be able to call up multiple ships. Except, the way they suggested was to call up a ship for a friend to fly off in, then call up another for either yourself or yet another friend. You should be able to do all this from the terminal in the hangar itself.

They even suggested doing that with ground vehicles until they can get the freighter elevator working to its full intentions. Vehicles were originally supposed to be included in the freighter elevator but that part was delayed until they could get it functioning better. Spawning ground vehicles from the landing pad and driving them off to the side is a temporary work around.

So what we really don't know yet is how much extra room we're going to have. I imagine some of the larger hangars will have extra room but I'm not sure about the smaller ones.

EastLimp1693 wrote:I want it so badly. I literally have at least two ships as "garage queens".
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen