default header

Cult Citizen

Cult Headquarters

Moderator: JC Denton

Cult Headquarters

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Mar 2024 17:00

Current HQ: Area18, ArcCorp, Stanton System

The main reason I chose Area18 as our HQ when we started the game was that it looks so cool. But it ended up also being the most functional because it has the best weapons shop in the system. It's a massive convenience to be able to stock up on almost any armor, weapons and all ammo you will need, right on logging in, or on respawning. There is also one of the two biggest ship vehicles in the system, AND the planet is very centrally located in the system. And on top of everything else, the Pyro jumpgate is very near. The only negative so far has been the lack of facilities to load ground vehicles onto ships, but with the upcoming hangar update, this will be resolved too (though not with 3.23, they pushed this particular update back, so it'll likely be by the summer).

There is really only ONE negative to Area18 that I can see, and that's that the upcoming building interiors and persistent habitations aren't scheduled for it for the foreseeable future. They are rather scheduled for Lorville and New Babbage, because the buildings in those two cities came much later than ArcCorp's and thus are made in the proper specifications for fitting them with interiors. ArcCorp will have to wait until a future redesign to get the proper size buildings (it's also supposed to have mountains and an ocean, so the entire planet will need to be rebuilt).

So I would have loved to have my home in the same city, or at least the same planet, as CULT HQ, but it would mean moving our HQ to either New Babbage (no vehicle shop, no good weapons shop, and the planet is way out in the sticks and takes forever to reach anything from there; many ships can't even do the trip without refueling), or Lorville, which would be a better choice, but again no good weapons shop, rather labyrinthine transit system, and rather depressing aesthetics: in a GOOD way, don't get me wrong, it's a very well realized dystopian planet and city, but I think it could be depressing living there long-term UNLESS you got an awesome apartment with great views over the city, which HAVE been shown in concept artwork with large living areas with pianos for hosting parties, and cool underground subway connections. So IF and WHEN all that stuff goes in the game, I would consider switching our HQ to Lorville, but not before. And of course they might add a good weapons shop or vehicle dealer to New Babbage at any time, or the updated mobiGlas shopping app might simplify shopping, so we'll see. It's certainly possible that New Babbage might become a viable HQ location at some point.

And as for Orison... It's pretty, but again no weapons shop, and barely anything I could call a vehicle dealer (just an extremely cool Crusader dealer).

It's quite possible that the moment the apartments go in, I'll be so taken with them that I'll move the HQ to wherever they are, but it's also very reasonable to keep our HQ at the optimal location and have our separate apartments wherever in the system we want to. I can certainly see myself maintaining an apartment in New Babbage where I can disconnect from my leadership duties and relax.

So, use this thread for discussion on our HQ, whether to relocate it, or whatever. We might EVEN end up pooling ca$hmoney to buy a top-of-the-line apartment and turn it into our HQ. Depends on how expensive they go, and what facilities they have. Also, we will have a mobile HQ (based on a capital ship), and of course multiple outpost bases. But I think the HQ proper should be something separate from all that, and placed in a secure location such as a major UEE city.

I don't see any benefits from moving our HQ to Pyro or any other upcoming system, until higher-security systems like Terra etc. come online.

And of course our PIRATE HQ will be at Grim HEX, and eventually every system/planetary commander will have his own local HQ. But this thread is about the ORG HQ itself. Leave the other discussions for separate threads.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen