default header

STANTON

Promotional Event: Capture the Idris

Moderator: JC Denton

Promotional Event: Capture the Idris

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Mar 2024 04:44

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/sta ... 6451478647

Even though this is over and who knows when/if it's coming back, I felt like making a thread for it. I was all ready to take part when it was announced, but it ended up being a very limited event that forced you to server-hop for hours in order to catch it, meaning I couldn't schedule a day and time with the clan. So even if I had caught it, it'd have been just me, or with another person or two at best. So given my living situation at the moment (I can only play sparingly via an airport Wi-Fi connection), I couldn't participate. If I had been at home I would for sure have played the game nonstop for a day or two, and probably got to the Idris, if not inside it.

That said, even people who DID server-hop for hours were pissed they had to go through that at all, and Spectrum was absolutely flooded with complaint threads for days. So hopefully CIG has learned their lesson. There was no reason not to activate this event in all servers, except programmers don't play their games so they have no clue how their kooky ideas impact players. After the F8C debacle (which was even more exclusive than even this, and an even bigger letdown), I think Chris will have learned a thing or two.

Make the event DIFFICULT, but DON'T GATE MERE PARTICIPATION. Let EVERYONE participate, but only the best get the prize! If you gate mere participation, you're shutting out people for no reason. They weren't even asking for money to participate, which I would have gladly paid. They were asking for people TO HAVE NO LIFE, like programmers. And that is unacceptable.

Anyway. I am sure we'll see this event, or something like it, again and again, and I can't wait to participate. Until then we can study the materials that have been released.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... -The-Idris

P.S. This page has some great Idris renders, at least one of them in 8K, that I can't find a way to extract. Let me know if anyone can do it.

Cloud Imperium Games wrote:Capture the Idris

Crew Up for Capital-Class Chaos

Last October, we had a blast engaging with all of you in an epic chase to secure the legendary Anvil F8C Lightning. So, as we get into the midst of what promises to be Star Citizen's biggest year yet, we're heading back into the 'verse with a bang... the kind of bang you only get from the massive railgun at the bow of a mighty Idris-M (some of which are crewed by a geared-up band of our developers).

That's right, we're offering you a fresh look at capital-ship gameplay and the nearly finished Aegis Idris interior... but you'll have to take it from us first, and we aren't going down without a fight.

P.P.S. This isn't quite a Global Event, and CIG is calling it a "Promotion", so I am labeling it "Promotional Event" for the purposes of Stanton forum thread tagging.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to STANTON