default header

STANTON

Distribution Centers

Moderator: JC Denton

Distribution Centers

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Mar 2024 05:55

Inside Star Citizen: Distribution Allocution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VKzP-T8mIA

This is the main feature of 3.23 for me. If you're wondering what icy's favorite feature of a new update is, it's almost always the locations. So for 3.22, my favorite feature were the new Derelict Settlements. For 3.23 it'll be the Distribution Centers, and for 4.0 it will be of course Pyro.

These centers were originally meant to arrive with huge underground sections, and these are still coming, but won't be available in the original release. Moreover, they were supposed to come with large MMORPG-style raids, which again didn't make the cut and will come later. But what IS coming is still glorious and packed with content, as you'll see from the video, so I am not bothered by their holding stuff back. They're holding it back for good reasons, I am sure.

I like that they show the Spartan being used. Hopefully it'll be actually useful here and not just for show. It's not really useful anywhere else, and it's a kickass troop carrier.

My main question is whether the beds in the habitation rooms they mention will be usable, as in being able to log off in them. Probably not, but it's worth checking.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to STANTON