default header

Cult Citizen

Cult Hangars

Moderator: JC Denton

Cult Hangars

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Mar 2024 16:13

Leak: personal hangar size assignment
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... assignment

bmemike wrote:This feels very much like a "version 1" limitation and probably not something to worry about.

Otherwise, new players would never get a hangar that would accommodate new ships they purchased.

WarpTroll wrote:They used to sell just the hangar, for I think $10 back before the PU existed.

This is certainly a temporary issue, T0 implementation. Or rather T1, since the regular hangars are T0. Still, if you ignore it you'll end up stuck with a smaller hangar for months, if not longer. No one knows when this issue will be resolved. So if you want to enjoy your home hangar to the full, the only solution is to buy with cash BEFORE you log into 3.23 for the first time the largest ship you intend to use. For me that means spending a few bucks to upgrade one of my ships to the Reclaimer. Hopefully the Reclaimer will be offered with the 3.23 launch, but if not I'll get a grey market one.

Use this thread to discuss your persistent hangar and hangars in general, as well as our hangar strategy. I'll only give a brief glimpse into my new 4X plans by saying that:

1. All of our players MUST make ArcCorp their home base in 3.23 (though your actual spawn point can be different, as usual), which means that all our persistent hangars will be in Area18

2. Unless at least one of our players promotes himself to (Planetary) Commander and chooses another planet as his home base, at which point any player who wants to move to that planet can move there and be under the command of that Commander

I will explain more in an extensive post soon, and certainly before 3.23 launches, which I estimate to be coming in a couple of weeks.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Star Hoarder/Cult Hoarder

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Mar 2024 00:20

I plan to purchase ALL ground vehicles and arrange them around the fringes of the massivest hangar. And THEN I plan to stick AS MANY ships as possible on the hugest landing pad available. And THEN I plan to collect ALL the box cargo types and stack them in a corner, and THEN I plan to display every item and piece of gear or whatever in another corner. And then I'll take some pics and post them online under the title "Cult Hoarder" to match the game's upcoming name change to "Star Hoarder".

Here's a discussion on how I might be able to make all this work, functionally: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... r_thoughts

vangard_14 wrote:Hangar thoughts

I was thinking about my hopes for personal hangars, and was remembering that I wanted to be able to just have multiple ships laying around in different spots in the hangar. Do we think you’ll be able to make this work somehow? Maybe flying ships from a station and landing in your hangar and arranging them while never actually calling the lift? I’m thinking to make this work you’d have to set spawn to the station and just park then backspace repeatedly. Im really hoping this is at least possible. Even if it means maybe having to go to different places to call ships that you couldn’t fit to keep it from messing it up.

malogos wrote:We really need multiple pads in the instanced hangars to pull up multiple ships at the same time.

Dangerous-Wall-2672 wrote:Like the old days. I remember when we had to manage our hangars through the RSI site, but the hangars would dynamically expand to accommodate the ships we had loaded in at once.

The_Fallen_1 wrote:It is something I think they plan on properly having eventually when they implement more hangar types, but for now it looks like you might be able to do it if the hangar is large enough that you can take a ship fully off the ship elevator before calling up another one.

So I suspect in the larger hangars you might be able to have one big ship on the elevator and one or two small ships tucked away at the sides where there's not much going on. You might be able to fit more in by landing them, but you'll probably lose access to the ship elevator.

ElmerFett wrote:They've already said we would be able to call up multiple ships. Except, the way they suggested was to call up a ship for a friend to fly off in, then call up another for either yourself or yet another friend. You should be able to do all this from the terminal in the hangar itself.

They even suggested doing that with ground vehicles until they can get the freighter elevator working to its full intentions. Vehicles were originally supposed to be included in the freighter elevator but that part was delayed until they could get it functioning better. Spawning ground vehicles from the landing pad and driving them off to the side is a temporary work around.

So what we really don't know yet is how much extra room we're going to have. I imagine some of the larger hangars will have extra room but I'm not sure about the smaller ones.

EastLimp1693 wrote:I want it so badly. I literally have at least two ships as "garage queens".
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Cult Hangars

Unread postby icycalm » 28 May 2024 18:52

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spec ... hangars-26

Zylek @Zylek wrote:Hangars

One of the recent CIG videos is about 1 1/2 hours in duration and covers hangars and cargo/freight topics. I have notes on the entire video, I'll omit the cargo/freight notes here, for now at least, and only cover some of the highlights about the hangars. CIG folks, if I am incorrect with any of this, if I misunderstood what was said in that CIG video, please feel free to chime in and correct me. Thanks!

Future stuff:

• Any hangar, anywhere, as a personal hangar (no longer limited to planet landing zones)
  • Possibility of relocating primary residence/personal hangar
  • Non-personal hangars become rentals (so items won't be lost in them when leaving)
  • Ability to upgrade hangars
  • Ability to bed log in ship in hangar and wake up in it
  • Prop team to update hangar flair (the old stuff)

The main info covered in that video...

4 hangar sizes - small, medium, large, extra-large - each with different cargo limit.

Personal hangars:

• Everybody has 1, it's at primary residence, cannot change location once primary residence is set (but can via character reset? (something mentioned in video, unclear))
  • Items and decorations and things that you leave out will stay in your personal hangar
  • Hangar size is the one for your largest ship
  • If you buy a bigger ship later (via RSI site or in the PU), you'll get the bigger hangar, but for the time being it will be a public hangar

How to get there:

1. From spaceport at your primary residence, go to "access elevator"
    2. Call elevator, it won't list all hangars

If solo, it will only display your hangar.

If in a party, it will list all party members' hangars that also have that location set as their primary residence.

Access control:

• Only party members have access to access elevator, and thus the personal hangars (at that location)
  • Useful for multicrew
  • Party members can use freight elevator kiosk and item bank
  • Party members will not access hangar owner's inventory, only their own

Later, there will be more security levels for that access.

Kicking a misbehaving party member will result in them receiving a brief timer then teleported out.

Avoid intruders:

• Don't let them in your and your party members' access elevator (be sure you trust your party members)
  • If they get in, they'll get to the hangar
  • They will receive a timer and will be teleported out
  • If they are fast, they will be able to grab something and steal it

Public hangars:

• Don't treat them like your personal hangar
  • Stuff in them will be wiped out, they won't stay there

Persistent hangars:

• There are 2 types, the "personal hangar" is at your home, and the persistent hangars are at other locations
  • Persistent hangars are not truly persistent (for the time being?), they are more like personal-public hybrids

Example 1:

1. Go to space station hangar
    2. Leave box there
    3. Go to a shop in the station
    4. Go back to hangar
    5. Box is still there

Example 2:

2. Leave box there
    3. Log out while still in space station
    4. Log back in
    5. Box is still there

Example 3:

2. Leave box there
    3. Exit space station entirely
    4. Box is lost, it's forfeit, you will receive a notification

CIG folks in that video said the idea is this will be useful with more star systems.

General notes about hangars:

• Landing pad doubles as ship elevator
  • Can only bring up 1 ship at a time
  • Can use freight elevator in hangar to get ground vehicles
  • Can get weapons and tools
  • Unable to equip weapons but can already have them equipped
  • Won't be able to use weapons in the hangars
  • Still able to use tractor beam tools in them
  • Several old hangar flair decorations are not ready yet
  • New furniture will be available to buy in the 'verse for your personal hangar
  • It will be possible to keep alien creatures in your personal hangar, so you can have pet kopions and pet maroks

This is a video of the old Hangar Module, for history buffs:

My Star Citizen Hangar drivethrough - May 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_10PJ2NJnR0

https://starcitizen.tools/Hangar_Module

Star Citizen Wiki wrote:In Alpha 3.13.1a, the hangar module was disabled pending further review.

They were huge and expanded to fit all your vehicles. The new ones are nothing like this, and to be honest I prefer the new ones because they feel more realistic. The old ones could get as big as a town if you had enough ships, and it doesn't make much sense to me to be able to maintain that much space without expenses or having to fight for it. I look forward to the challenge of having to build a base big enough to contain all our vehicles.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Cult Hangars

Unread postby icycalm » 28 May 2024 19:07

A pic of the old hangars, from the thread linked above. I put it here for reference. I think they looked good for the time, but they were a bit too "videogamey", if you know what I mean, and the new ones are an order of magnitude cooler, more realistic, and detailed.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen