default header

Theory

Reviewing Rez HD

Moderator: JC Denton

Reviewing Rez HD

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Feb 2008 11:00

http://insomnia.ac/news/2008/02/reviewing-rez-hd/

A good read. Funny thing is, it's probably a better review of Rez HD than all the rest, without even trying to be one.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Molloy » 06 Feb 2008 14:48

It's more of a review of all the other Rez reviews isn't it? I still didn't get a whole lot of info about the changes between Rez and Rez HD in that instance. But then maybe there aren't really any except it's widescreen and higher resolution.
Molloy

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Feb 2008 17:46

I say what it is on the first line "This is a piece on the vagaries of sequel reviewing". It was not supposed to provide you info on the changes between Rez and Rez HD -- that was the job of the reviews. What I am saying is funny is that even though that was not the purpose of the piece, it still did it better than the reviews.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Enhasa » 07 Feb 2008 01:39

Ok, I just wanted to clarify some things.

This post comes from this thread at shmups.com. All I wrote originally was the first paragraph. I didn't intend for anyone to respond. Well some guy did, and he didn't really get my point, so I replied until you see the mess of words that ensued.

icycalm contacted me via PM about the idea of turning this into a post at this site, and I agreed since he would do the editing and it was no work for me. I didn't intend to write an article because like I said, I don't really give a fuck about this anymore. I think it's common sense, and I shouldn't have to tell this to anyone. I'd rather be playing some games, thanks. :wink:
Enhasa

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Feb 2008 03:30

Enhasa wrote:I think it's common sense, and I shouldn't have to tell this to anyone.

Too bad common sense is all too uncommon in the world we live in, Enhasa. Hard as it may be for you to believe, in the long run, your post will help make it a little bit more common.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby JoshF » 07 Feb 2008 03:56

Great article, I hope to see more from you Enhasa. :D
JoshF

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Feb 2008 22:00

I decided to move this from the blog to the commentary section (so the url at the top of this thread isn't working anymore, the article is now here: http://insomnia.ac/commentary/reviewing_rez_hd/).

I also did the same with my Smash Brothers X article, which I originally posted in the blog.

It seems like I'll have to come up with some guidelines on which articles belong where. Clearly, an article has to be at least five-six paragraphs long to qualify for the commentary section, for aesthetic reasons if for nothing else. But there has to be a more serious deciding factor...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Theory