default header

Theory

Accept No Substitutes

Moderator: JC Denton

Accept No Substitutes

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Apr 2010 18:23

Title of, yes, an upcoming article.

http://www2b.abc.net.au/tmb/Client/Mess ... &am=345932

4fromK ® wrote:there was a guy called Alex Kierkegaard (does real high-brow stuff, applying philosophy like that of the simulacrum [and a lot of Nietzsche] to gaming [but not in an artsy-faggotry way]) who postulated that really, all scores are pretty arbitrary, and in reality basically fell onto a three point scale: 1/3 being that the reviewer didn't like it, 2/3 for the reviewer is indifferent, and 3/3 for if the reviewer liked it. any more accurate scales fall prey to arbitrariness (especially on the 100 point scales, or 10 point scales with decimals - what separates an 8.4 from an 8.5???) this is basically because a review is never objective, so it basically just amount to the reviewer telling you if they liked it or not.

Has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. A phenomenon becoming increasingly common these days: people utterly misrepresenting my views, half of them out of malice, the other half out of sheer idiocy, like this guy.

And then there are others who pretend to know what I would say on subjects on which I have not said anything yet... The fuckers can't even figure out WHAT I AM SAYING, and they want to predict what I WILL say... And they always do it with such self-assurance too, as if they are so much cleverer than me that they have me all figured out, lol, the retards.

In short: ethnic cleansing and eugenics are the only solutions once again.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Apr 2010 18:26

And the little fucker didn't even give the others a chance to see that he is full of shit, because he didn't link me.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Theory