default header

Theory

On whether I still play games

Moderator: JC Denton

On whether I still play games

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Oct 2010 00:01

I recently came upon a forum post whose author basically declared that "icycalm doesn't play games anymore", or something to that effect. Fuck knows how he came to that conclusion, but I will hazard a guess that it's something to do with all the game theory/philosophy essays on the frontpage and the lack of recent game reviews. So what the dude is basically expecting me to do is to keep posting these gigantic and extremely complicated essays AND AT THE SAME TIME CONTINUE WRITING GAME REVIEWS AS IF THE DAY SUDDENLY BECAME 48 HOURS INSTEAD OF 24.

Do you people have any idea how much energy these fucking essays take to write?

Obviously not.

And don't think that this misconception (that I don't play games, lol) is limited to this one dude: there are plenty of links in the "reactions to Insomnia" thread where people say that this site is no longer about games, and blah blah blah blah blah.

Bottom line is that both my writing and playing habits FLUCTUATE AND CHANGE OVER TIME. Which means THAT I CANNOT BE EXPECTED TO KEEP DOING THE SAME THINGS ALL THE TIME, EVEN IF I WANTED TO, WHICH I DON'T BECAUSE IT'S BORING. If you think the site at some point lacks something that you think it shouldn't lack, THEN SIT YOUR ASS DOWN AND PROVIDE IT. I have made the site in such a way that anyone can contribute anything (news, previews, reviews, random comments, general essays, etc.) at any time, in more or less the same manner as in a scientific peer-reviewed journal. If you are scared that I will tear your contribution to pieces and call you names that's your problem, but the mechanism exists and runs perfectly fine and is ready for you at any time. Personally I couldn't care less -- I have my hands full of a hundred projects, as always. So like I said: it's up to you. Do what you wish, but whatever you do STOP WHINING for fuck's sake, because, if you hadn't realized it, it makes you look like a whiny little fagot bitch.

That's all.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Oct 2010 00:11

Here it is ("dmx" is the word filter they have on that site for me):

http://forums.selectbutton.net/viewtopi ... 276#799276

Lance Boyle wrote:I do realize that he doesn't actually PLAY games anymore, his site is wallowing in decay, half the topics die by the second or third post (often depressingly, as there is much potential untapped), and that dmx doesn't know how to appreciate basically anything that isn't an arcade game.

Typical fagot misrepresentation.

1. My site is "wallowing in decay" because I don't post a bunch of worthless bullshit every day like everyone else.

2. "Half the topics die by the second or third post" -- the poor topics, they die like children in sub-Saharan Africa. We need Bono and Angelina Jolie to come in and save them. And they will do this by rounding together a bunch of stupid fagots to post in them their fucking insufferable nonsense and bump them twenty times a day. This way we will keep the poor threads "alive".

Lance Boyle wrote:(often depressingly, as there is much potential untapped)

3. lol yes, my threads have much "untapped potential" -- all that we need is to bring in an army of child-fagots like himelf to tap it.

Lance Boyle wrote:and that dmx doesn't know how to appreciate basically anything that isn't an arcade game

4. lol, etc.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Theory