default header

Roleplaying

Kelos Tinúviel (1st level bladesinger fighter/mage)

Moderator: JC Denton

Kelos Tinúviel (1st level bladesinger fighter/mage)

Unread postby danjiro » 09 Jan 2015 18:20

I've been thinking of a few character ideas and figured the party is a bit light on warriors, so I've come up with two possible ways I can go with my character:

1) An ambidexterous Gold Elf fighter specializing in dual long swords using two-handed style

2) A Gold Elf Bladesinger (Fighter/Mage kit from Complete Book of Elves)

* Gold elves are the Forgotten Realms equivalent of Grey Elves.

Option 1 might make my character too similar to stevenberg's ranger, depending on how much he wants to focus on the two-weapon ranger ability.

Option 2 would make me a competent warrior with magical backup capabilities but I wouldn't want to be the main tank since my armor is limited.

As for background, my character would've been an up-and-coming, idealistic elven youth trained by a prestigious elven swordmaster school. During training he got into a fierce rivalry with a fellow student that ended up in a nasty duel and a facial scar. In my character's rage, brutal revenge was had and the elders decided to throw my character out to teach me a lesson. Hence my wandering.
danjiro

Unread postby danjiro » 10 Jan 2015 22:08

Decided to go with option 2 since I've figured out a way to make it work as a tank and it fits my character's background particularly well. I've gone ahead and started creating the parts of the character that don't rely on attributes or GM intervention on Roll20. I subscribed as a mentor, so Icy should be able to import my character into his campaign when we've got some time and it'll be mostly complete.

Name: Kelos Tinúviel
Race: Elf (Still deciding between High or Grey)
Class: Fighter/Mage
Kit: Bladesinger (Requirements: STR 13, DEX 15, CON 13, INT 15)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Height: 60in
Weight: 105lbs

Weapon Proficiencies: Long Sword, Long Bow, Single-weapon Fighting Style I, Single-weapon Fighting Style II

Non-weapon Proficiencies: Blind-fighting (free), Dancing (free), Tumbling (Rogue category, cost me 2 points), Reading/Writing (Elven)

Languages: Elven, Common (I've gone ahead and spent a non-weapon prof point to learn common in case you don't go with the intelligence option)

THAC0: 20
AC: 7 (Bladesinger Bonus, Single-weapon Specialty Bonus I+II, Dex and armor not included yet)
Saving Throws: PPD 14, RSW 11, PoP 13, BW 15, S 12

Long Sword Attack: +2 Hit (Bladesinger Bonus, Elven Bonus), +1 Dmg (Bladesinger Bonus)

Working on spells next.
danjiro

Unread postby danjiro » 11 Jan 2015 00:19

If we're allowed to choose spells, this is the order in which I would select them up to whatever my intelligence limit ends up being.

1st Level: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Armor, Protection From Evil, Taunt, Sleep, Burning Hands, Magic Missile, Light, Alarm, Hold Portal, Grease, Jump, Feather Fall, Friends, Detect Undead, Identify, Tenser's Floating Disc, Message, Enlarge.

As for equipment I would go with long sword and scabbard, a backup dagger hidden somewhere on me, spellbook, backpack, travel-oriented clothing, supplies for about a week, and any necessary spell components to go along with my spells as well as a few pouches to carry them and my money. I might even carry a second long sword just in case. I'll go into the details during official character creation when I know how much money I have to work with. Any money I don't spend at character creation is assumed to have been donated to my Bladesinger school.

I don't remember at the moment if there are masterwork or high quality rules for equipment in the DMG, but if so it might be worth looking into for my sword as long as it's not prohibitively expensive.
danjiro

Return to Roleplaying