default header

Games

[360] [PS3] [PC] Biohazard 5

Moderator: JC Denton

[360] [PS3] [PC] Biohazard 5

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Jul 2007 01:59

Still no official site, but Game Watch has a bunch of new screens:

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/doc ... 26/bh5.htm

If they really are in-game, which they appear to be, it's not too shabby...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby filterpunk » 29 Jul 2007 13:08

Y'know, I just realized that many of the screenshots I've seen so far take place in daylight. Apart from a few endings, the darkest I can remember things getting is grey and overcast.

I'm also glad to see them keeping the over-the-shoulder perspective. I went back and played Zero not too long ago and it was kinda weird adapting to the old control scheme again.
filterpunk

Unread postby Fei_Yen_Kn » 30 Jul 2007 00:39

I'm looking foward to this like nothing else (save maybe DMC4)... Though for some strange reason, I'm already missing Leon.
Un forastero!
Fei_Yen_Kn

Unread postby filterpunk » 01 Aug 2007 20:48

Forget Leon, I want more Ada :D
filterpunk

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Aug 2007 20:59

Fei_Yen_Kn is a girl, dude ;)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Fei_Yen_Kn » 02 Aug 2007 06:11

Way to blow it, icy... And I had them fooled this whole time.

:p
Un forastero!
Fei_Yen_Kn

Unread postby filterpunk » 02 Aug 2007 16:18

icycalm wrote:Fei_Yen_Kn is a girl, dude ;)

Doesn't change the need for more Ada :p

Ok, seriously... I'm actually wishing that the series would focus more on both Leon and Ada. Their roles are both less clearly defined than most of the other characters and that opens up a lot of options for where their respective stories can be taken.
filterpunk

Unread postby lock » 02 Aug 2007 20:02

Fei_Yen_Kn is a girl???? Really?!!! :shock:
Fei_Yen_Kn, can I ask you if you have a boyfriend?
lock

Unread postby Fei_Yen_Kn » 03 Aug 2007 04:23

filterpunk wrote:Ok, seriously... I'm actually wishing that the series would focus more on both Leon and Ada. Their roles are both less clearly defined than most of the other characters and that opens up a lot of options for where their respective stories can be taken.

Seconded. Resident Evil 6 maybe?

lock wrote:Fei_Yen_Kn is a girl???? Really?!!! :shock:

You guys don't remember Virtual On? :O
Un forastero!
Fei_Yen_Kn

Unread postby Tain » 06 Aug 2007 19:42

Did you ever post at virtualon.net, by chance? It could have easily been a different poster with a similar name, hah.
Tain

Unread postby Fei_Yen_Kn » 06 Aug 2007 22:56

Nope.
Un forastero!
Fei_Yen_Kn

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Apr 2008 16:44

The latest word on the black/African/zombies "controversy":

DonMarco wrote:Bah, the more I think about it, having the zombie force predominately black is a good thing. On one hand it bothers people not that the zombies are all black, but that they'll have to shoot all-black zombies. It digs at a nerve instilled by decades of quiet racial contempt festering in America.

Maybe this is a kind of wake-up call! In a real zombie apocalypse, the black zombies would run faster and jump higher than the white zombies, eventually starving them off and lasting longer. Thus becoming the only color of zombie you see, besides the recently-turned whites. So in this zombie future, the only zombies you would actually see shuffling around were black. Man, Capcom would be fucking annoying in that situation. "We told you so! Such all-black zombie mobs were possible!" The only people who were prepared for such a future were those that played RE5, despite the protest and boycotts.

Hell, any time they bring up the KKK in a movie, it's usually for comic effect. Blazing Saddles, Bad Boys II, Harold and Kumar. This is primarily to not offend anyone directly hurt or intimidated by the KKK or maybe their grandfather or whatever. Plus, when they eventually get what comin' to them, people can cheer and clap at the movie screen "yeah, that'll show them to gather and share a common belief in something!".

Comparing the KKK to zombies in films! Both are portrayed differently than how they are in real life. Instead of being feared and dangerous, they are slow, inoffensive, and eventually beaten by the good guys. It's a joke and I'm glad Capcom has the balls to slap this in people's faces.

In the all-black zombie apocalypse, would you only post black people at the gates with shotguns and pistols? Fuck no! When they are eventually bitten, and it's only a matter of time, they'll be more dangerous to the survivors than if you posted whites at the gates. Whites can shoot better and have a higher survivalist factor. Watch any horror movie, any war movie, any Indiana Jones movie to see this. White guys always make it to the end. Even in the moments where they in-joke about "oh I'm the brother and I die first" to make you think they'll not be the first to die and yet they die second, which is almost fucking first. Fuck.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Jedah » 17 Apr 2008 19:17

It certainly looks astonishing. If the game achieves the same impact RE 4 had on the previous generation, we'll have another classic from Capcom. Hopefully by the time of release I will be a happy owner of either a 360 or a PS3. Apart from the crazy DonMarco post, I think that Capcom hits bull's eye when toying with the enemies of Resident Evil. The evolution of adversaries (from slow zombies and dogs to possesed villagers and bioweapons) raises the expectation of fans and gamers alike for the new installment. I bet the enemies shown so far are the bottom of an hierarchical pyramid of monstrosities. Oh man I can't wait!
Jedah

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Mar 2009 11:54

Overall, from a technical perspective, Xbox 360 clearly hosts the better game, despite some screen tear. Frame rate is consistently higher, making for a smoother, more responsive experience. The fact that the game is essentially locked at 30fps means that there’s no judder, which you can get in spades on the PS3 version. Clearer textures, more particle effects, full world reflections in the water - in terms of bonus bling, Xbox 360 is in pole position here.

http://www.digitalfoundry.org/blog/?p=576

Is there even a single game that is better on the PS3?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby BlackerOmegalon » 14 Mar 2009 14:45

Burnout Paradise supposedly has better textures on the PS3.
BlackerOmegalon

Unread postby Afterburn » 14 Mar 2009 17:35

And I think that's the sole example.
Afterburn

Return to Games