default header

Games

[360] Halo 3

Moderator: JC Denton

[360] Halo 3

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Aug 2007 03:09

Does anyone plan to buy this on September 25th? I just heard there will be four-player co-op over Live, so I'd like to find three people to play it with. Post here if you are interested.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Fei_Yen_Kn » 02 Aug 2007 06:03

I won't , [buy it] but my brother will. Halo's a celebratory event where I live... What I fear most is the inevitable "launch party", and the hours of vaccuming that're sure to follow. As for myself, I'll jump online once the dust has settled. Since we share joint custody of the 360, it could be either one of us logged in. Though chances are, if you happen to take the lead, you're playing with him. I'll post our gamer tag tomorrow (need to make sure he hasn't changed it).
Un forastero!
Fei_Yen_Kn

Re: [X360] Halo 3

Unread postby filterpunk » 02 Aug 2007 16:20

icycalm wrote:Does anyone plan to buy this on September 25th? I just heard there will be four-player co-op over Live, so I'd like to find three people to play it with. Post here if you are interested.

I keep trying to find a reason to like Halo, since everyone and their mother talks about it, but haven't run across one yet. I'm not big on multiplayer though, so if they improve the storyline and give the standard weapons a bit more kick beyond "pew-pew-pew" laser sounds, I might check it out.
filterpunk

Unread postby Molloy » 02 Aug 2007 22:15

I really enjoyed the Halo 1 multiplayer on the PC. Had a very unique feel. There haven't been many good arcadey type multiplayer FPS muti player games in quite a while on that platform.

The Xbox 360 is tempting. I think I'm like alot of europeans in that I don't have a HD television. All my friends who have machines are playing on SD televisions. I don't see much point in that.
Molloy

Unread postby dementia » 06 Aug 2007 02:24

I'll probably play through the campaign alone the first time through, but for future co-op and multi, my gamertag is Joseph Hayabusa.
dementia

Unread postby dementia » 30 Sep 2007 19:23

Anyone playing this?

I feel the campaign is much improved over Halo 2; in fact it felt like a much refined version of the original Halo with a similar sense of scale and grandeur.
dementia

Unread postby filterpunk » 01 Oct 2007 04:15

dementia wrote:Anyone playing this?

I feel the campaign is much improved over Halo 2; in fact it felt like a much refined version of the original Halo with a similar sense of scale and grandeur.

Since my only experience with the series has been Halo 2, which I hated, what makes Halo 1 and/or 3 so much better? Or rather, what made Halo 2 so much worse?
filterpunk

Unread postby dementia » 02 Oct 2007 23:53

filterpunk wrote:
dementia wrote:Anyone playing this?

Since my only experience with the series has been Halo 2, which I hated, what makes Halo 1 and/or 3 so much better? Or rather, what made Halo 2 so much worse?

Sure.
Halo's campaign featured large environtments that allowed the player freedom in approaching his or her goal, and levels like The silent Cartographer and Assault on the Control Room demonstrate this well.

Halo 2's campaign was much more of a "corridor" shooter that led the player down a forced path.

Halo 3 really shines in it's marriage of the two; with a focus on scale in parts of the game, but also featuring indoor environments with alternate passageways, vents and trapdoors the player can use to his or her advantage. On Lengendary the player must use these routes to outwit the fantastic AI, which utilize their individual wapons/class/rank in conjunction to succeed.
dementia

Unread postby filterpunk » 03 Oct 2007 16:58

dementia wrote:Sure.
Halo's campaign featured large environtments that allowed the player freedom in approaching his or her goal, and levels like The silent Cartographer and Assault on the Control Room demonstrate this well.

Halo 2's campaign was much more of a "corridor" shooter that led the player down a forced path.

Halo 3 really shines in it's marriage of the two; with a focus on scale in parts of the game, but also featuring indoor environments with alternate passageways, vents and trapdoors the player can use to his or her advantage. On Lengendary the player must use these routes to outwit the fantastic AI, which utilize their individual wapons/class/rank in conjunction to succeed.

Cool, thanks. I probably won't jump for H3, but the first one might be worth checking out for the $5-10 it's usually sold for. I typically stick to more System Shock 2/Half-Life 2 sort of FPS, but who knows? I could be that I just dislike H2.
filterpunk

Return to Games