default header

Games

Game Stores in Japan, Need help!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: JC Denton

Game Stores in Japan, Need help!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Adoriko Chan » 24 Aug 2007 10:53

Hello, I`m in Japan right now, and I`ve been to 2 book offs, and so far I`ve only bought one thing, a "Talkman" to translate some things, but anywho, I wanna know if most Book off store prices stay at around the same, or are some stores cheaper than others?

If so, should I wait untill I go to Tokyo and check out Akihabara, or should I go to book offs along the way, or check out DenDen town in Osaka???

I`m looking for good prices on good games. thank you
Adoriko Chan

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Aug 2007 12:25

You are probably the same guy who sent me this email:

do the prices for games stay at about the same in the book off stores, or do they change depending on the store?, cause I`m in Kyoto, and I saw some things, but I wanna knoe if they might be cheaper in tokyo or machida

which I wasn't planning on answering because it was pretty damn rude. Anyway, I see your manners have improved so I will answer this.

While I am not 100% sure, I would bet that all Book-Offs have the same prices for the bulk of their stock. However, some stores have items that other stores don't, and these items can sometimes get heavily discounted, so as to be got rid of faster and clear shelf space for new stuff.

So yeah, my suggestion is to check Book Offs along the way. But don't let that get in the way of your sightseeing, because it's not worth it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adoriko Chan » 25 Aug 2007 01:13

Thanks, yeah sorry about the e-mail, but it was 2 am and I was half asleep.

Also, I`ll bet I`m gonna feel stupid about leaving them there, but I saw 2 things that just grabbed me, but I didn`t buy them, they were, The Legend of Dragoon for ¥550, also Kingdom Hearts-Final Mix for about ¥2570

Anyways, do you think those are "If you don`t buy me now, you`re pretty damn stupid" prices or not?
Thank you.
Adoriko Chan

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Aug 2007 12:34

If they are new then yeah, those are great prices. But I suspect that KH Final Mix is the budget re-release (MegaHits or whatever) not the original version, in which case, no, that wouldn't be a good price.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adoriko Chan » 25 Aug 2007 14:50

.......oh.....well..........actually.....it was the original..............
Adoriko Chan

Unread postby lock » 25 Aug 2007 17:09

Don't worry, I think it is quite easy to find good prices in Japan. I remember for example a white Saturn for just 500 yen, or a NeoGeo Pocket color for just 700 yen.
By the way, it's quite much safer for your pocket to make a tour in Kyoto game shops than in Akihabara itself. I found a HUGE amount of nice prices there. Akihabara is not bad in prices, but no so good as they say.

Another good point in japanese shops is that the second hand stuff is always in perfect shape. If something is missing or there's any visible scratch on the cd the price can go down until 100 yen.
lock

Unread postby Adoriko Chan » 26 Aug 2007 01:17

Awesome, thanks, well kyoto is out, cause today I`m going to osaka, so I`ll probably check out DenDen Town at some point.

Oh right, I was planning on buying a PS2, but I don` know about a lot of the prices, today in Nara I saw a couple of new PS2s for ¥14900 but I wanna know, is that a good price or should I look for cheaper things?
Adoriko Chan

Questions

Unread postby Adoriko Chan » 07 Sep 2007 07:49

Hi everyone, me again, anywho.
I have some questions, one is, where can I find a PSP camera in Akihabara, also where can I find an 8 gig Memory stick??
Adoriko Chan

Unread postby lock » 07 Sep 2007 15:54

In Akihabara? Almost... in everywhere.
lock

Return to Games