default header

Games

[DS] Luminous Arc 2 ~Will~

Moderator: JC Denton

[DS] Luminous Arc 2 ~Will~

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Sep 2007 03:39

Sequel to Marvelous Interactive's Tactics game which was only released in Japan last February (the US version came out just a couple of weeks ago).

http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/ds/Luminous2/
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby CosMind » 03 Nov 2007 02:31

speaking of, has anyone here had a play of the first one, yet?
i've been on the fence about dropping the bones for a copy - as i've yet to have a hands on myself, or hands on feedback from anyone else who's played.

be slick to have a good tb tactics game in my ds library.
CosMind

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Dec 2007 02:42

Oh, I just now saw your post here. Yeah, the first game was the definition of a mediocre SRPG. A perfect 3/5. Gorgeous looking and with great music and voice-acting (in the Japanese version, at least -- the English voices are good but not perfect), but the combat is kinda boring and there's waaay too much dialogue (and boring dialogue) between battles.

The best DS SRPG is Itsuwari no Rondo, but unfortunately there's no word of a localization yet.

So back to Luminous Arc 2 news: the official site has been updated with lots of stuff, and I've uploaded four new scans here:

http://insomnia.ac/archive/games/ds/l/luminousarc2/
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby CosMind » 22 Dec 2007 03:32

ah, many thanks for the rundown of the former. that's just the type of info i needed.

this new iteration is pretty gorgeous looking - but, i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the sleek (almost modern) gui elements. an odd juxtaposition to what appears to be a more past-era fantasy world view. not that it has a negative effect, just stands out.
CosMind

Return to Games