default header

Games

[AC] [PS3] Time Crisis 4

Moderator: JC Denton

[AC] [PS3] Time Crisis 4

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Sep 2007 06:29

http://insomnia.ac/reviews/systemsuper256/timecrisis4/

And scans from the upcoming PS3 port:

They're doing a good job cleaning up the graphics -- at least the aliasing issues are gone. And they are adding stages in which you'll be able to move around freely as in an FPS, by using a little analog stick attached to the Guncon 3... At this point, I can't really see how that could possibly work smoothly, except if you only move whenever there are no enemies around for you to shoot at.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: [AC] [PS3] Time Crisis 4

Unread postby filterpunk » 28 Sep 2007 09:35

Whoever came up with those character designs should be shot in the face.
filterpunk

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Sep 2007 19:32

I don't really mind the characters themselves; it's just that the game does nothing with them. If they were given some funny/campy dialogue in the same vein as, say, the No One Lives Forever games, they would have worked great.

On a side note, I just now noticed the position of the two analogue sticks on the Guncon 3. I am extremely curious to see how that's going to work out...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Dale » 04 Oct 2007 02:51

I played this at an arcade near me and was very impressed. I love all the new mechanics they keep adding.

I read this site's review of the game and I think you guys are a little spoiled by the current gen graphics {^.-} But I say this as someone who still plays TC1 every now again on the PS.

I've played HOTD4 recently as well and I was quite impressed (although the machine I was playing on froze so I didn't get to play it for very long).

How is Virtue Cop 3? I pretty much love all light gun games so I'll probably like this one but I'm kinda curious how it stacks up to TC4 and HOTD4.
Dale

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Oct 2007 17:29

I am not spoiled by current-gen graphics -- I just don't like ugly games. Processing power has little to with whether a game is pretty or not, you know -- just look at Bubble Bobble or some shit.

But yeah, I like the new concepts too. I am just not too sure about the port's FPS segments yet.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Nov 2007 11:28

It seems the Asian version has been out for a couple of days now:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp- ... -29jv.html

The US version supposedly came out yesterday (20th), and the Japanese one is coming out on the 20th of December. Those poor Japanese... they don't even get to play their own games first any more. Even the "Asians" beat them to it this time.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games