Games

[ETC] Arcade UFO lands in Austin this summer

Moderator: JC Denton

[ETC] Arcade UFO lands in Austin this summer

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Apr 2008 11:05

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby CosMind » 28 Apr 2008 18:49

Holy junk! I can't believe I missed this news! This is incredibly exciting to me for two particular reasons: 1) Every single arcade here (Austin) shut down over the course of the past 5 or 6 months. 2) The ArcadeUFO lineup already includes Arcana Heart 2, and I recently got my copy of Arcana Heart (PS2) and have fallen in love/become completely absorbed.

Thanks a ton for the alert (this news makes the recent Examu cart-based hardware news so much more relevant to me). The future is even brighter. My mission -- to find a means to get a Ketsui cab up in there.

...drop by when they open up and let us know how it’s all going.

And for surely, I'll drop a report once they open up and I spend some moments there.
CosMind

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Aug 2008 13:17

Website has been updated, looks really nice too:

http://arcadeufo.com/
http://blog.arcadeufo.com/

I doubt there's another arcade operator with a more tastefully-designed website. Should be a cool place to hang out at.

They open on the 29th.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby mothmanspirit » 16 Apr 2009 04:11

Pretty cool place! It's small, but all the games they have there are at the very least decent. They've got Espgaluda II! And fucking Giga Wing! The only real wastes of space are a UFO catcher, some Time Crisis 4 cabs with tiny little screens, and a cab with lots of "classic" games on it, like Donkey Kong, Pac-Man and Space Invaders, which was displaying too high of a resolution.
mothmanspirit

Return to Games