Rambo: new arcade gun shooting by Sega

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Apr 2008 11:15

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Macaw » 22 Apr 2008 14:00

Fuck man, I can't wait for screens.
Macaw

Unread postby Molloy » 22 Apr 2008 15:44

Nice one. I can see myself throwing a few coins into this with a scarf wrapped around my head.
Molloy

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Apr 2008 22:02

Macaw wrote:Fuck man, I can't wait for screens.

If I was still living in Tokyo you'd be downloading half a gig of videos right now. Japanese bloggers suck.

I wonder whether Sega will push the hardware at all with this game. Probably not. The only Lindbergh game that really pushes the hardware is VF5.

By the way, you guys have seen Vulcan Wars, right? Still trying to find some media of this, but so far there's nothing.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Macaw » 23 Apr 2008 04:56

Yeah, I haven't found much else on Vulcan Wars either.

Also, a more in-depth report of Rambo over here: http://gunpowers.jugem.jp/?eid=65
Macaw

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Apr 2008 11:45

UnscathedFlyingObject wrote:Here's my translation. I gave it my best shot but I couldn't translate some of the stuff and I put (?) wherever I wasn't sure.

Maker
SEGA

Cabinet/Gun/etc
It's using the same cabinet and gun from HOD4. The only difference being that the place where you put the gun is wider (uses a net.) There's a LED under the screen, but because of the net, it's rendered useless.

Contents
Looks like main content of the game is from Rambo First Blood Part 2 and Rambo 3. (?)

Stage 1 is set in a battlefield where you eliminate a heli using your bow and arrows.

Stage 2 is inside a tank and you have to save Colonel Trautman.

There's are cutscenes from the actual films.

ジャングルで後ろから敵を暗殺するイベントに成功すると、

あの泥をぬりたくったランボーが敵を暗殺するシーンに切り替わったり、など。

The voice from the narrator and Rambo are in English.

He jokes whether they couldn't have gotten some Japanese voice actors.

Graphics
Graphics are probably from the Lindberg.

The CG rambo gleams too much and makes him feel bad (joking.)

Weapons/system
Your normal weapon is a machine gun. Your rage gauge will increase when you receive damage and depending on how you defeat enemies.

You can use it whenever you want by pressing the action button (grenade button from HotD 4) and then you release your anger and power up (your machine gun fire becomes faster.)

You go into Hyper state for a moment when your gauge is full and become invincible for a moment.

You can use your gauge even if it isn't full and it seems like you'll do this frequently. There are scenes where it's difficult to get through without doing this.

Additionally, there's quite a few "events"
Of course there is aiming with your bow and arrow, then there is pressing the start button repeatedly to run, push the start button when enemies appear without warning, shoot at specified spots to avoid damage, etc.

However, this is just ripping off old games. They're really similar to a lot of old Sega games.

Yeah, there isn't any new mechanic.

Other stuff:
There's rank increase when playing the game.

ロケテ仕様なこともあって難易度がハンパないことになって焦りました(笑)

It was not possible to not continue by yourself.

Score system
There's three stages for the way you defeat enemies instant kill, normal, and justice shot (Heroic in this game?) Heroic is probably a state of high points (?).

My impressions from playing it are

ただひたすら映像⇒CGの切替ばかり。

When you release your anger, there isn't any cutscene, change of voice or anything like that so it lacks intensity.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 379#354379
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Macaw » 15 May 2008 13:56

Randomly came across this while searching for a totally different game:

http://www.alpha-st.sakura.ne.jp/game2/ ... inst7.html
Macaw

Return to Games