default header

Games

[PC] World of WarCraft

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] World of WarCraft

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Oct 2008 18:32

a fella by the name of Bradster has 36 World of WarCraft accounts that he plays on 11 computers simultaneously.

http://www.ripten.com/2008/10/10/wow-wh ... y-himself/

I find all this very interesting... He's basically playing the game as an extremely complex small-scale RTS.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Jedah » 15 Oct 2008 09:30

A video of him playing 11 characters simultaneously would be more convincing. I guess this is something equivalent of playing both players in Ikaruga. I don't know but I feel sorry for him. Spending so much time, money and space in a boring game...
Jedah

Unread postby icycalm » 15 Oct 2008 10:31

The game may be boring, but if he really plays it like that at least he's getting a much more interesting experience than everyone else... But yeah, it hurts just thinking of how much time and money he's put into this.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Bradford » 15 Oct 2008 14:59

I find it impossible not to recall the South Park episode, Make Love, Not Warcraft.
Bradford

Unread postby icycalm » 15 Oct 2008 15:45

Yeah, I've seen that one, even though I haven't seen many South Park episodes. Totally hilarious. "How do you kill something that has no life?" lol
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Cpt. Coin-op » 20 Oct 2008 16:35

This is both amazing and very sad. I do admire his ability to multitask, even if it is boring multitasking.
Makes me think back to your IN dedicated cab. (Do the math at the most basic level--copy(copies?) of the game + 36 monthly account payments + 11 dedicated, electricity-sucking computers...and that's probably leaving out several other factors. Then again, I suppose he doesn't need the Chinese gold farmers.)

On another note, it's surprising that the GMs allow him to do that. Not that I personally think there's anything wrong with it, but I've known MMO GMs to curbstomp any instances of "multi-clienting" or anything that comes close.
Cpt. Coin-op

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Oct 2008 00:45

Cpt. Coin-op wrote:Makes me think back to your IN dedicated cab.

It wasn't mine. It's a good idea to pay attention to the bylines when you read articles.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby adrenalinq » 21 Oct 2008 10:47

I don't like this game. I tried to play this for 2 months but I got bored to death. Game is too slow with auto aimed fireballs and bow shots. After playing in Guild Wars top GVG guild it was not fun to see how 40 people can't separate targets and heal fast. However there are good guilds but you have to farm stuff (bullets/poison/other buffs) to go to instances and spend 3-8 hours clicking 2 buttons (I played as ranger).

Well. I can't say this is a bad game. I just don't like it...
Terminator in bath bend down to pick up a soap. On his display massage appeared: "Warning! New hardware detected!"
adrenalinq

Unread postby Cpt. Coin-op » 21 Oct 2008 22:52

Rereading the article, I saw they updated with a disclaimer that says he only owns 5 of those accounts. So unless I'm misunderstanding something, he basically operates an entire clan from his one room? (With multitasking power like that, I wouldn't doubt he earned that level of trust from his guildmates.)

icycalm wrote:It wasn't mine. It's a good idea to pay attention to the bylines when you read articles.

My apologies; that's not a mistake I intend to make again. Though I suppose it makes a LOT more sense coming from bloodflowers.
Cpt. Coin-op

Unread postby adrenalinq » 22 Oct 2008 07:44

I could pay money just to see him in action when he is ganked ^_^ And crushing all his PC and notebooks using a chair in finale.
Terminator in bath bend down to pick up a soap. On his display massage appeared: "Warning! New hardware detected!"
adrenalinq

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Feb 2009 07:48

icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games