default header

Games

[AC] [DC] [PSP] Power Stone

Moderator: JC Denton

[AC] [DC] [PSP] Power Stone

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Jan 2009 06:14

Just saw the arcade flier up on TAFA, and was reminded of the great times I had with the DC port of this back in the day. Easily among my Top 10 3D fighters ever. I guess you could call it the Smash Bros. of 3D fighters, and that would be a fair description.

Too bad the sequel sucked... :(

I have the PSP collection port somewhere, which I think is supposed to have some extras. I'll check it out at some point and report back with some impressions.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ashn0d » 09 Feb 2009 23:43

It's funny how Capcom usually milks their franchises, but with this one they stopped at the 3rd (if you count the PSP port). I never owned a DC and would like to play this game of which I've heard very good things.
Playing :: Street Fighter IV (X360) /\ Skate 2 (X360) /\ GTA IV (X360) /\ The World Ends With You (DS)
ashn0d

Unread postby Tain » 10 Feb 2009 01:52

I'd like to see how this is played by proficient players; my friends and I do a lot of air-kicking when we play, sometimes at the expensive of the cooler-looking items and environmental moves, and I'd like to think there are better things to do.

I'll have to boot this up again in the next few days.
Tain

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Feb 2009 05:17

ashn0d wrote:(if you count the PSP port)

I obviously don't. Imagine how many R-Types we'd have if we counted the ports. Something like 200.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Tain » 11 Feb 2009 05:39

After booting this back up, it's easy to tell that my friends and I simply sucked hard when we were younger (when we last played). There's way more variety to this than I realized, like the importance of throwing someone when they're powered up.
Tain

Return to Games