Games

[X360] [PS3] [PC] The Club

Moderator: JC Denton

[X360] [PS3] [PC] The Club

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jan 2009 11:50

i reallly liked this game
8/10
start with it was a bargin at £20 new deal on at game
the single player is straight forward you have different game types but they all count to the same thing where you have to get as many points as you can, the point target differs from the level diffuculites , however it is still easy to play the game on hardest setting it is not easy howerver getting the points lol , this is more tricky as you have to try get you multiplayer up by getting as much kills as you can and depends on where you get the killer shot like head shot etc ,
the tournements are good and the level design is simple but still looks gd , there gd selection of weapons to choose all gd for diff secnarios, there 8 characters all 2gether you unlock to of them , my fave character is kuro , i have the most points with him
the online was good but there isnt many people playing it witch is a shame casue the modes are pretty fun
i reconmend getting this game one because you stats will get stored and displayed on this site and two because it a fun all round shooter game witch adds something different to you average shooter

http://www.bizarrecreations.com/forum/v ... 25&t=16570
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby JoshF » 30 Jan 2009 13:01

It's the shame this game didn't have a Treasure logo on it too because the premise is amazingly unique and more people need to at least know about. I think I remember the same thing happened when Outtrigger came out, with people mocking the medal collecting, despite being a brilliant anti-turtling move. I wish more FPS developers would focus on game systems like this and not worrying so much about achieving accurate rubble physics.
JoshF

Unread postby BlackerOmegalon » 30 Jan 2009 14:17

lol! Random review off of the official site is a million times better than the mainstream outlet's reviews. Bizarre Creations tried to fool journalists into playing for score by tying it into the storyline (their favorite element in a game), but they didn't fall for it! The game even had great graphics and CG cutscenes. Maybe they should have renamed the Shooting Trainer and called the points Shooting Quotient or something? You have to question how little they know about video games when many of them are comparing the scoring element to the Kudos in PRG, IGN were especially classy by saying Bizarre Creations swaps genres, but retains the high score fetish).

I really liked this game, and I almost can't believe that it came from a western developer, as it's a completely scoring based 3rd person shooter. I wonder if some western developers would rather be making these kinds of games if they were viable (meaning, if they could).

This game is great at rewarding you for making difficult or more skillful kills with it's many different bonuses, all based on risky or skillful methods of killing enemies. Some of these are bonuses for head shots, long range shots, "snap shots" (killing an enemy immediately after performing the quick 180 turn move), "death roll" (killing an enemy after performing a ground roll), multiple kills with a grenade, killing with the last bullet in a clip or ricocheted shots. As you'd expect, you can stack all these bonuses for more points per kill (if you can). It's all very rewarding when you get that perfect kill! Also, like the quote above mentions, you have a multiplier that's incremented by killing an enemy, triggering a timer that will decrease your multiplier rapidly if you don't reset it with another kill, and as the multiplier increases the timer will be faster. There also skull signs you can shoot spread around stages, sometimes hidden, that increment your multiplier and reset the timer. There are also a number of different modes, but the stages always play out the same way, like an arcade game, with none of the typical western shooter level design practices like respawns or "monster closets".
BlackerOmegalon

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jan 2009 20:15

JoshF wrote:It's the shame this game didn't have a Treasure logo on it

They should license out their logo. You'd just pay a fee for it and then you could slap it on whatever you want. I doubt anyone would notice the difference.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games