default header

Games

Guilty Gear X series backgrounds (question, too)

Moderator: JC Denton

Guilty Gear X series backgrounds (question, too)

Unread postby Recap » 10 Feb 2009 22:51

Haven't found a study of the backgrounds in the Guilty Gear X series anywhere in the 'net, and I think it's one of its highlights. We could talk about their kitschy-but-amazing mix of influences and whatnot but I'm especially interested in their evolution throughout the entire series and which pieces belong to specific entries. So:

GGX pieces (not in all their glory, because they lack the sprites, but still):

The following correspond to the bosses' backgrounds, so, in order to not spoil anything of their awesomeness, I'll just linke them:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2e2e0s0.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/9qxunc.jpg

I'm asking because I'm starting to play GGXXAC in its Plus edition after skipping XX and Slash, having only played X back when it was released for the DC. The thing is I bought Sharp Reload and Slash for the PS2 and they're still unopened, so I'm thinking of selling them.

Now I didn't like most backgrounds in XXAC much, and I believe there're many of them which were exclusive to XX and even Slash. So the question is which ones? Is there any background from XX absent in Slash? (This is what will make me decide whether if selling them or not.)

Notice I'm asking about brand-new, not counting "revisions". And I'm aware that you can unlock old backgrounds in AC Plus, but I'm not interested in that if you can't see them in Arcade Mode.

What about Isuka? This had brand-new backgrounds but at least one of them is present in AC, isn't it?

Of course, this thread will grow more efficiently with more pictures and/or links, thanks!
Last edited by Recap on 11 Feb 2009 00:32, edited 1 time in total.
Or if they didn't want players to credit feed, since basic design choices all point to COIN OP.
Recap
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby Recap » 10 Feb 2009 23:55

GGXX [Sharp Reload] backgrounds.

Last edited by Recap on 11 Feb 2009 00:49, edited 4 times in total.
Or if they didn't want players to credit feed, since basic design choices all point to COIN OP.
Recap
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby Recap » 10 Feb 2009 23:55

GGXX Slash backgrounds.

Last edited by Recap on 11 Feb 2009 11:11, edited 4 times in total.
Recap
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby Recap » 10 Feb 2009 23:56

GG Isuka backgrounds.

The boss!
Last edited by Recap on 11 Feb 2009 02:01, edited 2 times in total.
Recap
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby Recap » 10 Feb 2009 23:56

GGXXAC backgrounds.

Recap
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby Recap » 11 Feb 2009 01:00

So I after the mandatory Google search I got some questions responded. Seems that XX had four brand-new backgrounds (unless the bosses got new ones too) and Slash indeed had at least two exclusive backgrounds to it. I'm still to know if Slash included _all_ the backgrounds from XX too, though.

Isuka backgrounds were awesome, by the way. What a waste.
Recap
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby Recap » 11 Feb 2009 01:12

Oh. As a bonus, the exclusive background the Korean version of XX got:

Made by Koreans for the Koreans. What are these people waiting for to make a full game which looks simply half this stellar?
Recap
Insomnia Staff

Return to Games