Games

[MD] Cyborg Justice

Moderator: JC Denton

[MD] Cyborg Justice

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Mar 2009 01:23

icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Recap » 13 Mar 2009 02:12

Why in the world the line-doubled screens?
Or if they didn't want players to credit feed, since basic design choices all point to COIN OP.
Recap
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby JoshF » 13 Mar 2009 04:21

It was done before I saw The Intended Way™. Feel free to fix them.

The banner looks awesome. I'd ask this ronan guy about doing a logo.
JoshF

Unread postby Recap » 13 Mar 2009 15:03

The Insomnia article wasn't. I'm asking about the screens there. There's no need to link bigger screens if the screens are that awful, there is?
Or if they didn't want players to credit feed, since basic design choices all point to COIN OP.
Recap
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Mar 2009 17:51

They are only temporary. A lot of stuff on this site is temporary. I would love to take your approach, and get everything done perfectly before posting it, but my lifestyle unfortunately doesn't allow that. If I had a PC right now and some extra time, I would have downloaded an emulator and the game, and taken some new screenshots. If I had figured out how to make the screens look as good as yours (just as good -- not the shitty example I did in your forum), then I would have done so. If we had finalized the Insomnia low-res review template, then I would have used it -- etc. etc.

It will all happen one day. The site will one day be perfect. When exactly that may be, I've no idea. Until then, I'll just have to keep updating with 90% - 95% finished content.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Mar 2009 17:59

This game looks terrible, by the way. The screens destroy the effect of the header (not that the header has good art, but it's certainly a step up from the screens). This is the problem with having a review site. You want each page to look as good as possible, and sometimes you even go to such lengths as to pick the best screenshots you can find -- a bit of a deception, this, since the reader should see some ugly screenshots too, if the graphics in some part of the game are not very good -- but there are games (especially Western ones lol), for which every screen looks like shit. I hate those games: they force me to add an ugly page to the site. But what can you do? Sometimes I do not add screenshots for this very reason... (though other times it's pure laziness and lack of time, as in Tekki, for example -- see also above post).

I've had a review of Tenchu sitting on my hard drive for well over a year, which I haven't posted yet because of how ugly the game is. Early 3D games are like that -- the header clashes very strongly with the screenshots, and the overall effect is extremely jarring. Certainly doesn't put you in the mood to try them out, regardless of how much the reviewer may be raving about their quality!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Recap » 14 Mar 2009 15:41

icycalm wrote:They are only temporary.

I don't understand why I failed to make my point clear here. What's this need for linking bigger screens when they are, not only so terrible, but also misleading and false? Just leave there the small, non-scaled ones. Temporary or not.
Recap
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Mar 2009 16:56

Well, the current template supports linking larger screens, and people have become accustomed to clicking on them, so I simply left it like that. It is very hard to make much from the small screens anyway. I know the downsides with the current big ones, but like I said I will replace them as soon as this becomes possible for me.

And Recap, do not look at the Days of Ruin review...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games