default header

Games

[PSP] Finally a Dracula X Rondo remake!!

Moderator: JC Denton

[PSP] Finally a Dracula X Rondo remake!!

Unread postby bullethell » 04 Feb 2007 01:54

Great news Vampire Hunters!PSP screen is going to display a full 2.5D rendition of PC Engine Super CD Akumajo Dracula title, Dracula X Chi No Rodo (Rondo of Blood).The UMD will also include the original 2D version and a full port of Symphony of the Night, Akumajou Dracula X Gekka no Yasoukyoku (Nocturne in the Moonlight).
Im amazed!
Time to get a PSP now.

Release Date:09/15/2007
US/PAL release date:TBA
Format:PSP

http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3156895
http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/new.html
UPDATE: video of the first stage,
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/8896
bullethell

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Feb 2007 02:00

Hey man, It's almost 3:00 am! Why are you not asleep? (My excuse is that I was playing Blue Dragon -- it's quite addictive).

So yeah. This remake is interesting, certainly, but let's be honest here -- it looks like shit.

I mean click on those screens in the 1UP page you linked, and tell me it doesn't.

edit: Okay, from that video it looks nice in motion. Will have to reserve judgement until I see it on a real PSP screen. But it's good news anyway.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby bullethell » 04 Feb 2007 02:16

Yes it does look like shit indeed.Looks like a mediocre doujin PC game or something but to tell you the truth im not amazed by the 2.5D one but the 2D ports of the Rondo and Symphony.

I was playing Ikaruga on Dreamcast, tate mode CRT monitor (VGA DC>anything), practicing Chapter 3 and 4. Heh.Im addicted to Ikaruga again!1CC is not far away.Blue Dragon eh?Review please!
bullethell

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Feb 2007 00:09

From your Ikaruga DC VGA comment I get the feeling I (sort of) know you.

Are you from Argos, by any chance?

As for Blue Dragon, I'll probably be reviewing it quite soon. One thing I'll say right now is that it's easily the prettiest 360 game I've seen so far, and I've seen more or less all of them.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Jedah » 05 Feb 2007 12:01

Getting both Rondo and Symphony in one disc? I'm gonna cry from emotion. Thank you so much sweet Konami. You may have a place in my heart again after the mediocre PC version of Pro Evo 6. Kudos to Capcom also that may have inspired this game with their fantastic Ultimate Ghosts'n'Goblins.
Jedah

Unread postby bullethell » 05 Feb 2007 15:58

Ha!
I know you!Friendfromjapan project?I think you are the one who sent me some japanese magazines a year+ ago.Correct me if Im wrong.If yes, damn, world is so small!
Im from Nafplio but Im currently live in Athens*

*bullethell unpauses Ikaruga and continue practicing Chapter 3 (Ikaruga DC)
bullethell

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Feb 2007 02:53

Yeah, that's me. I ended up getting a few customers and selling a bunch of games, etc. but after a few months I got bored and stopped doing it.

Don't take this coincidence as a sign that the world is small, though. It's just that there are so few fans of shooting games in this country that we were bound to come across each other again...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games