default header

Games

[X360] Senko no Ronde Rev.X

Moderator: JC Denton

[X360] Senko no Ronde Rev.X

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Mar 2007 20:09

This is supposed to be coming out in the US by Ubisoft sometime in May if I am not mistaken, but I haven't heard anything in a while and I was wondering what its status was.

If anyone has news on this I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Hayama Akito » 19 Apr 2007 21:04

Ok, i know that this is old news now but yes: Its coming with the name of Battle Storm: Senko no Ronde

More info here.
Protect the world, even if the future of the world is uncertain...
Hayama Akito

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Apr 2007 20:38

I thought the name was going to be War Tech: Senko no Ronde?

Either way, name and cover art suxxor.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Molloy » 26 Apr 2007 16:37

I think the box art is alright. Considering all publishers absolutely require you to have a space marine type person holding a huge phallic gun in the foreground they managed to communicate what the game is about fairly well.

I would have thought this would do alot better on XBox Live Arcade. In the retail space your game goes off the shelf after 3 weeks to make room for the next big thing. This is a word of mouth sort of game that'd do better as a download. Here's hoping they release a good multiplayer demo at least.
Molloy

Unread postby Ex Omni » 30 Apr 2007 15:10

Molloy wrote:This is a word of mouth sort of game that'd do better as a download. Here's hoping they release a good multiplayer demo at least.
If Earth Defence Force is any indication, word of mouth does pretty well on its own. That game is nearly an absolute phenomenon over here, relative to how people expected it to do. Praised by critics and loved by fans who want to be playing the latest underappreciated title.
Ex Omni

Unread postby dai jou bu » 03 May 2007 18:08

slowly updating my guide to the game. There's still a lot to cover.
dai jou bu

Unread postby icycalm » 05 May 2007 11:03

Hey man, glad to see you here. It's a good thing you are updating your guide now as it will become a lot more popular once the Rev.X localization comes out.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby dai jou bu » 06 May 2007 03:55

Thanks. I've finally updated enough where I consider it good enough for the public, and then stupidity results.

I'm probably going to work on the story mode, online system, and score attack system next VERY SLOWLY. -_-
dai jou bu

Unread postby Bakke » 30 May 2007 06:18

Did anyone try the american version out? I've my doubts about the game difficulty, i hope G.Rev keeps the awesome gameplay challenge from the japanese version. :)
On the caca!
Bakke

Unread postby dai jou bu » 03 Jun 2007 07:37

My copy should be coming in sometime later next week, (thank God it's region-free and I pray it doesn't screw up my Xbox 360; I've already read that two people had their 360s die on them while playing this game) and I'll let you know. I'm also finding it somewhat odd that a good majority of the review sites are giving this game mediocre ratings.

In other news my article for this game I'm supposed to deliver to this site is also taking forever and a half to do. I've also been tweaking my guide a little bit, and if you were checking it in the past few weeks, you've noticed it now has animated gifs in there.
dai jou bu

Unread postby MAXCHAIN » 03 Jun 2007 10:45

yeah, i read some bad bad reiews for it too. However, i am aware that about 99 percent of critics have wildy different tastes than me, and would much rather play "Gears of War" or some generic first person shooter than half of the games I consider to be my favorites. I really really hope this game is recieved well and sells alot of copies. Not necessarily because I like it (though I do really like it) but because I want G.Rev to consider sending more games over here.
MAXCHAIN

Unread postby dai jou bu » 04 Jun 2007 08:40

Oh, before I forget and this gets lost in the shmups forums, I'm posting links to random Senko no Ronde vids here:

http://manbow.dtdns.net/

http://www.dorya.net/douga/

Have at it. :D
dai jou bu

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Oct 2007 21:41

The Americanized version is on sale for $9.99 at one of those horrible chains:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/cur ... _id=1012nl
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby CosMind » 13 Oct 2007 02:38

hot dang, sweet find.

i don't have a 360 yet, but i'll snatch this up for future play while it still exists - even if it does mean giving my greens to the demons.
CosMind

Return to Games