default header

Games

Battle Fantasia

Moderator: JC Denton

Battle Fantasia

Unread postby Seamus » 30 Apr 2007 15:04

After playing a fair deal of this today, I'd have to say that the blog review might be a bit harsh. Of course, they've had time to tweak it for launch; but the review is not off by much.

This can be a very simple game, but I've seen several people use characters at speed and viciousness similar to Arcana Heart or Gulty Gear. There is a lack of depth in moves or techinical hits, but I think beneath the surface is potential for some pretty good tactical fighting, a la street fighter two.

As of today, I've seen half of the characters employed to such skillful extent as to get double perfects, or close to all three. This competition was viewed at the Hirose Entertainment Yard, and Club Sega just a few feet west of that building.

It'd be nice to see a sequel of this, just to see the depth increase and the character set build some more.
Seamus

Re: Battle Fantasia

Unread postby icycalm » 03 May 2007 15:31

Seamus wrote:After playing a fair deal of this today, I'd have to say that the blog review might be a bit harsh.

What is a "blog review"? I am asking because, whatever it is, I don't think I've ever done it, and certainly not for Battle Fantasia.

In any case, your impressions of the game are welcome. If you end up getting more into it let me know how you find it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games