default header

Games

[Link] BS-X: Broadcast Satellaview X

Moderator: JC Denton

[Link] BS-X: Broadcast Satellaview X

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Dec 2007 09:12

An excellent write-up on Nintendo's SFC add-on which allowed you to download and play games exclusively designed for it:

http://www.blamethecontrolpad.com/bsx/bsx.htm
http://www.blamethecontrolpad.com/bsx/bsx2.htm

Games mentioned in the article:

BS Zelda No Densetsu
Radical Dreamers: Nusumenai Houseki
BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2
Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle
BS Zelda no Densetsu: Kodai no Sekiban
BS Super Mario USA Power Challenge
Treasure Conflix
Chrono Trigger: Jet Bike Special
Spriggan Powered BS

The author of the article is also a very good reviewer who specializes in Japanese arcade games. Check his reviews:

http://blamethecontrolpad.com/articles.htm

I might try to see if I can get him to join the Insomnia crew.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: [Link] BS-X: Broadcast Satellaview X

Unread postby Recap » 23 Dec 2007 23:50

icycalm wrote:I might try to see if I can get him to join the Insomnia crew.

Hopefully it will serve to find again articles on classic arcade games at Insomnia! 'Cause it's like time, you know!

Recap
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Dec 2007 05:50

Yeah, I know... And unfortunately no such reviews are coming up in the immediate future. I myself am busy trying to catch up with new Japanese releases before they get localized (we are talking over two dozen games), and none of the other contributors seem to have any classic arcade reviews coming up (the lazy bastards).
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Recap » 24 Dec 2007 11:17

icycalm wrote:(the lazy bastards).

Well, maybe they're busy with one-minute wonders...
Recap
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Dec 2007 11:41

I would like to think I've made it clear that I will always prefer full-length reviews, for games which deserve them... So I think most of those who have contributed one-minute reviews simply do not have the drive/motivation/whatever to write full-length ones. In other words, it's either mini-reviews or nothing from them.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Recap » 27 Dec 2007 12:42

What about yourself!? I know you must have your good reasons to review stuff like Furu-Furu Park and No More Heroes, but c'mon!
Recap
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby NFG » 27 Dec 2007 13:25

You want classic arcade reviews? I'm your man!

Shit, all I needed was an excuse to write about the stuff of my childhood. =D
我一直指责上帝
NFG

Unread postby icycalm » 27 Dec 2007 14:25

Recap wrote:What about yourself!? I know you must have your good reasons to review stuff like Furu-Furu Park and No More Heroes, but c'mon!

Like I said, I am tied up with all the new stuff coming out. I've already paid full price for these games, so if the reviews are not up before they get localized I am basically wasting my money. Take a look at the "Now Playing" section of the sidebar on the frontpage to get an idea of how many games I need to review asap.

So yes, the point of the site is to bring to light and examine hidden gems, but in order for anyone to pay attention, it must first establish its reputation by reviewing trash. And not only that, but the trash has to be given equal consideration as the hidden gems. It's just how the internet -- and the world -- works, I am afraid. If I had just started a site called gameexpert69.blogspot.com, and posted reviews of the ten best games ever made, no one would pay attention to me expect perhaps my friends and a couple hundred weirdos. But to reach tens or even hundreds of thousands of people... there is only one way.

In any case, I think that at least a few of the games I will be reviewing are of interest to you, since you have covered their release in detail in your forum.

And NFG, get cracking. But first things first: you still have that other review to tie up.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games