default header

News

PC Where Winds Meet

Moderator: JC Denton

PC Where Winds Meet

Unread postby icycalm » 10 May 2023 09:11

Official Extended Gameplay Reveal Trailer | gamescom 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDDeQD3 ... XVyolQO3wj

IGN wrote:Check out Everstone Games' open-world martial arts game, Where Winds Meet. Set in the Ten Kingdoms, where the entire dynasty is on the brink of crumbling, you take on the role of a swordsman who has grown up during war and conflict. Using skills from various martial arts schools, it's up to you to build your own combat style and survive. Get a look at this new Where Winds Meet gameplay, featuring the game's exciting combat, abilities in action, and more.

A Chinese-made Ghost of Tsushima set in China. It looks too good to be true, and reminds me of the Korean Plan 8 [ > ], which I still have in my MOST WANTED section btw. That too looked too good to be true, and, so far at least, it hasn't been, even though it's been nearly half a decade since the announcement. So I'll believe this game is real, and plays as advertised, when I see it released.

Taking the video at face value though, I will say that what sets this apart from similar games is the animation quality, with smooth life-like transitions everywhere (which btw Star Citizen is also trying to achieve) instead of skipping awkwardly between them. The aesthetics aren't quite as great as Tsushima's (particularly the wilderness environments), but they're very good, no doubt about that. When he takes to the rooftops I was reminded of Sekiro, but of course that was an action game with invisible walls everywhere, while this is going to be an open-world game full of NPCs and towns that stretch in all directions. It is incomparably more exciting to take to the roofs of THIS environment, as opposed to Sekiro's.

Interestingly, it's only been announced for PC so far.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: PC Where Winds Meet

Unread postby icycalm » 15 Aug 2023 19:36

I moved this out of the Most Wanted section. I have never seen a Chinese game deliver. Just fake trailers, or games that take a decade to release and suck or are never released. Koreans are even worse than the Chinese. Many examples. It's stupid to have hope for games from these people.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to News