every other other other day
No votes
um... once a week
No votes
... once a month?
No votes

Total votes : 27

Unread postby Chuplayer » 30 Jun 2006 04:27

I've been playing Mega Man X4 on the PS2 Mega Man X collection. I'm enjoying it a lot. I just made it to the part where you have to refight all eight robot masters. You can actually save at that point in X4 and resume from there. You don't have to go through all the previous final battle bullshit, and that's awesome.

Am I the only one out there who beats most of the robot masters with just my charged up X-Buster and my wits? I used a couple special weapons on a couple robot masters, but I beat at least five of them with just my regular gun. I must be the most hardcore Mega Man gamer out there. Or the stupidest. I don't know.
Chuplayer

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jun 2006 09:45

I am still stuck at 70% on Aria of Sorrow. I left it for a few days and now I am hesitant to pick it up again. I am not sure I can face all the backtracking. It's like homework: the more you put it off the worse it gets.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby JC Denton » 08 Sep 2006 14:26

I am playing through the DMC games in expectation of the fourth one. Currently finishing up the first one.

This is what 4 will look like:

[img]http://www.gameinformer.com/images/media/{3848B2AC-3B68-4596-A2A5-6056035715B0}/gi-3-dmc4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.gameinformer.com/images/media/{3848B2AC-3B68-4596-A2A5-6056035715B0}/gi-1-dmc4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.gameinformer.com/images/media/{3848B2AC-3B68-4596-A2A5-6056035715B0}/gi-2-dmc4.jpg[/img]

The screenshots are from, um, Gameinformer Online.
JC Denton
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby Chuplayer » 08 Sep 2006 18:07

Outrun 2006 for the PS2 owns my soul.
Chuplayer

Unread postby lock » 25 Nov 2006 14:24

Well, I vote every other day.
I used to be a a manic gamer and my favorite companies are Capcom, Sega, Konami & SNK. Now I have less time to play beccause I work very far from my home so I have just 4 hours per day for myself and I can't spend one or two hours playing games everyday.

Also, I work making mobil games, and that's another factor that is making me losing the interest on videogames. Eight hours per day making games and talking about games with nerds is quite enough and the last think you wanna do when you comeback home is continuing playing them :?

I'm still playing the big titles anyway. Okami & CanisCanemEdit was the latest games I've played, but lately I'm making an exception and I'm trying to get inside the shotting games world. For a newbie, the bullet-show screens and the inaccessible difficulty aparience makes it pretty much exotic.
lock

Unread postby Sinbad » 31 Dec 2006 20:28

Im really quite a gamer considering im married with 3 children.
But in a usual day i manage to get in at least 2 hours on the 360 (atm Gears of war,viva pinata) maybe 2 or 3 hours on my cabinets (maybe more now ive just got my hands on Espgaluda pcb!) and at work i get maybe an hour of mariokart ds or defender on the psp.
Sinbad

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Jan 2007 17:51

Yeah, I am playing Gears of War too right now. How far in are you?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Sinbad » 01 Jan 2007 23:05

I've completed it on casual,so i started it again on hardcore and at the moment im on act two.

Not to sure about it online tho...it's ok,but i just can't seem to get into it.
Sinbad

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Jan 2007 06:39

I jumped straight into hardcore. It kind of annoys me that the hardest difficulty setting is not selectable right away. I don't really like having to replay games of this kind, and being forced by the developer to replay them just to access the higher difficulty is just stupid.

I mean in Halo you could jump into Legendary right away. Why not here?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby bullethell » 24 Jan 2007 22:32

I can hear the disc Zelda TP - Wii crying all day, play me oh please play me!But STG games dont let me play other games at the moment.Final Fantasy XII is another title screaming all day to be played, but I don't have the time.Okami may be the first non-shmup game in 3 months.
bullethell

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Jan 2007 21:28

Yeah shooters are far easier to pick up than anything else. Still, I am not playing any at the moment because I've got a large stack of 360 titles to finish for review.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Jedah » 26 Jan 2007 11:48

Bullethell I've played Twilight Princess on a friend's Wii and oozes with class. Unbelievable production values, maybe it's the most expensive game Nintendo ever made. It has all classic Zelda mechanics and gameplay, which is a blessing for newcomers but kind of a curse for Zelda veterans. My friend finished it and he told me that it lacks the magic of "A Link to the past" or "Ocarina of time". Right now I'm giving an hour or two per day in the games below. I have also to finish God Hand, I've reached the final level during Christmas vacation and left it there. By the way Icy I'm really looking forward for the review of this game.
Jedah

Unread postby bullethell » 27 Jan 2007 17:47

I've played the Wii Zelda about 9 hours during Christmas.Lack of time and my obsession with STG genre and beeing a hi-score junike myself I locked the disc inside a dark shelf.Its a good game.EDGE celebrated it with a sweet Zelda coverage and I bought it the first PAL release day, 8 December friday '06.I hope I'll start playing it soon.However, I know I wont enjoy it more than the best Zelda ever, the incredible Majora's mask.Shigeru Miyamoto is old now and spend most of his waking hours playing music with his wife in their basement mini-studio.
bullethell

Unread postby Mr. Apol » 14 Feb 2007 01:27

i usually find a new game and play it a lot (think - every day) until i finish everything and i'll take a break of several weeks.

i'm currently going through castlevania: curse of darkness right now. it's an awful game.
Mr. Apol

Unread postby bullethell » 14 Feb 2007 15:34

Mr. Apol wrote:i usually find a new game and play it a lot (think - every day) until i finish everything and i'll take a break of several weeks.

i'm currently going through castlevania: curse of darkness right now. it's an awful game.

Every non-2D Akumajo dracula title is awful.Unfortunately Konami dont let IGA to produce a 2D castlevania in a system with pads and stuff.I tried hard to love Curse and Lament.Repetitive basic 3D gameplay with good combo systems but maps with the same rooms all over the castle.
It seems that Dracula can only live in our pockets now.Sad.
bullethell

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Feb 2007 19:29

Too true. It's a shame that for the moment we are forced to play cool games like Goku Makaimura on a tiny screen with shit controls.

One option is to wait for emulation to catch up. I've been playing loads of GBA games on my PC, on a good-sized window using a Saturn USB controller, and the experience is miles better than using Nintendo's crappy handhelds.

We just need to wait for a PSP emulator...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Mr. Apol » 15 Feb 2007 00:11

bullethell wrote:
Mr. Apol wrote:i usually find a new game and play it a lot (think - every day) until i finish everything and i'll take a break of several weeks.

Every non-2D Akumajo dracula title is awful.Unfortunately Konami dont let IGA to produce a 2D castlevania in a system with pads and stuff.I tried hard to love Curse and Lament.Repetitive basic 3D gameplay with good combo systems but maps with the same rooms all over the castle.
It seems that Dracula can only live in our pockets now.Sad.

yeah, curse definitely has some good ideas (the combo finisher system works suprisingly well) but ultimately fails because it's repetitive and boring. lots of square rooms with palette swapped enemies and none of the fun quirkiness of design that made SOTN good.

honestly i haven't liked many of the new portable ones either. circle of the moon was fun, but dawn of sorrow sort of bored me (barring julius mode - now that was fun). portrait of ruin doesn't interest me at all.
Mr. Apol

Unread postby bullethell » 15 Feb 2007 02:02

I started Lament a friday night years ago, after three days sunday night I didnt care to touch it again.I have never played it for years now and i cant find a reason to do it except listening the amazing music.Its a lazy code written for a game with the serious name Castlevania.It is obvious that Iga and konami's team behind the castlevania name cannot produce a good 3D Demon Castle title.Castlevania 64 proved it back in 1999.It would be better to let the Belmont family just die.And I cant stand handheld games like Icy.Screen is tiny, controls sucks.Why I need batteries to enjoy a good Castlevania?At least KCET should make a next gen castlevania that every room feel unique.Place NPCs, and background items that make them different.Lets say we are in the underground caves of the castle and we discovered a hidden passage to an ancient jail, place ghosts and crying wing creatures inside the jails,you can even interact with some of the NPCs as one ghost will ask you for gems and he will give you random reward, use your imagination IGA and dont give us demos of dungeon fun, Dungeon Rooms Fun(tm).Find Blue Door Room 70, Search for Blue Key, Kill all the Enemies in the Room No.75, Get Blue Key.Now return to Room No.70.Go Open the Door now.Quess what?Wrong Door, you are in Room 72 which is the same as 75.Nice stuff.
bullethell

Unread postby Mr. Apol » 15 Feb 2007 03:23

you could always play devil may cry 3!

it's pretty much everything that a new castlevania game could've been but wasn't!
Mr. Apol

Unread postby bullethell » 15 Feb 2007 06:29

Mr. Apol wrote:you could always play devil may cry 3!

it's pretty much everything that a new castlevania game could've been but wasn't!

You cannot find turkeys and spagghetis hidden in walls in DMC3!Or can you?Ill definetely check this game and try to find a copy of the game later today.I need a break during shmups sessions and a good Action title is what I need.
bullethell

Unread postby Mr. Apol » 16 Feb 2007 00:30

bullethell wrote:
Mr. Apol wrote:you could always play devil may cry 3!

You cannot find turkeys and spagghetis hidden in walls in DMC3!Or can you?Ill definetely check this game and try to find a copy of the game later today.I need a break during shmups sessions and a good Action title is what I need.

woo buddy. dmc 3 will definitely make you happy if you're looking for an action game. it's cheap too, should just be $20 for the greatest hits version of dmc 3 special edition (get it, it has vergil playable and tons of bonus features). it really is a return to form after the shitfest of 2, and is pretty much one of the most perfectly designed action games of all time.
Mr. Apol

Unread postby MAXCHAIN » 01 May 2007 21:19

Recently I've been playing Guitaroo Man on master mode, a little Gradius V now and again, and Pixel's new shmup Guxt, which is nearing its final release.
Guxt is such a great game. I've beaten the crap out of almost every release (which is kinda dissapointing, considering how many high scores which are now moot.)

EDIT: Well, Mushihime Sama came in the mail and all other gameplay has halted. This game is gorgeous and has awesome music. I also found out recently how deep the actual gameplay is and I'm completely hooked.
MAXCHAIN

Previous

Return to Games