default header

Ultimate Edition

Ultimate Wild-growing: Stonepunk Era

Moderator: JC Denton

Ultimate Wild-growing: Stonepunk Era

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Dec 2023 16:47

EXPLORE ALL ULTIMATE EDITION CITY-BUILDING ASSETS AND ERAS: Mounts & Carriages (Coming Soon) | Ships & Boats | Siege Engines | Stonepunk Era | Nomadic Era | Rural Era | Suburban Era | Urban Era | Imperial Era | Steampunk Era (Coming Soon) | Mythic Era (Coming Soon) | Early Modern Era (Coming Soon) | Contemporary Era (Coming Soon) | Superhero Era (Coming Soon) | Science-fiction Era (Coming Soon) | Cyberpunk Era (Coming Soon) | Science-fantasy Era (Coming Soon)

I left the Stonepunk Era for last out of the initial eras because... there isn't much to it, compared with the succeeding eras, what with the whole point of Stone Age peoples being that... they don't build stuff. That said, the stuff that they do build is quick and easy to build, and requires little time, few resources, and next to no tools. So if the players want, they can build a mud hut right at the start of the game, if they happen to be anywhere near a river, swamp, or just any soggy, rainy region; which can't be said for a house, or even a hut or tent.

Will there be more "buildings" added to this era?

Definitely. To give you an example, there is a skull fort in the pipeline. An enterprising Cult Games intern made an entire fort out of copy-pasting the one skull prop in the engine assets. The walls look amazing, but the fort itself is bad. It's so bad I don't even want to show it to people. But the idea is genius, and I am looking for a good builder to pull it off. So a skull fort will happen at some point, I just don't know when. And since it's an advanced "building", I am not in a hurry to get it done. If some players are racing up the Stonepunk tree and seem like they will get to it, I'll put down as much money as is needed to get an expert builder to build it. Until then, I'll see if I can encourage any amateurs to do a good job of it for free.

And there are other Stonepunk stuff in the pipeline too. Just don't expect as many and as elaborate as the other eras. And by the way, there will be three factions to ultimately choose from, the Civilized, Monstrous, and Wild factions, and the Wild one will be restricted to the Stonepunk Era. So it definitely needs to be fleshed out more, but the majority of the items in it will end up being... flora, because what the Civilized faction(s) are trampling on and clearing out, the Wild faction(s) are planting and helping grow (the Monstrous factions don't care for this struggle either way, and will use any means to advance their power, though they typically start out from caves and dungeons, more on which soon). That's why I am calling this tech tree "Ultimate Wild-growing" instead of making it part of the Ultimate City-building tree.

Look for an update on the Faction mechanics in the Kingslayer thread soon, and everything will make a lot more sense then.

ROPE BRIDGE

MUD HUT

SACRIFICIAL STONE

FAIRY RING

TREEHOUSE

SACRED GROVE

SMALL SANCTUARY

LARGE SANCTUARY

RUSTIC TELEPORTATION CIRCLE

MAGIC & CRAFTING ARCHIVE

WOODEN THRONE

icycalm