default header

Cult Citizen

Paints

Moderator: JC Denton

Pirate Paint Collection

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Sep 2026 16:27

Image

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/en/p ... Collection

Cloud Imperium Games wrote:Celebrate the 'privateers' of the 'verse with every currently available Pirate Week paint. Contains 20 paint schemes across four collections: Skull and Crossbones, Skullcrusher, Meridian, and Solar Winds.


With the 4 new pirate paints (Basher, Shiv, Clipper, Ironclad) the collection cost has risen to about $150 depending on your region. That's $30+ than last year, with most of the cost due to the Ironclad paint. Which is fair since it is, after all, a $600 ship. So I melted the old pack and added the difference and got the new one. Let us know if anyone gets anything, but we don't really need much more since the Basher and Shiv already have regular paints that work for piracy (the Nightmare one above all), the Clipper is a starter ship so probably not too useful for large ops, and we prolly won't need more than one Ironclad per op, and I have it.

Note that Pirate Week will finish any day now, so if you want something, get it asap.
User avatar
icycalm
Hyperborean
 
Joined: 28 Mar 2006 00:08
Location: Tenerife, Canary Islands

Re: Pirate Paint Collection

Unread postby shubn » 29 Sep 2026 21:59

I also melted the old pack and got the new one.
Image
User avatar
shubn
 
Joined: 10 Jan 2012 03:17
Location: France

Aurora Mk I Paints

Unread postby icycalm » 03 Oct 2026 15:08

The Aurora Mk I was retired at the end of last month, including its paints. The Celebration Paint Pack included 17 paints—i.e. almost all of them—including the event rewards from Resource Drive (ArcCorp, Crusader, Hurston, microTech), which are the first time event rewards are sold on the store; plus the Foundation Festival paint from the annual Foundation Festival event, again first time that a seasonal event paint is offered outside that season.

The link below no longer works but I am putting it here for the sake of completeness:

Aurora Mk I Celebration Paint Pack $52.65
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/en/p ... Paint-Pack

Image

The pack can still be acquired from the grey market for a markup. The Impound currently has it for €63,95 for example: https://theimpound.com/products/aurora- ... paint-pack

I couldn't justify buying the whole thing, but if anyone can, go ahead and let us know. It would be cool to have access to all these paints in the future. For my part, I have:

-The Dread Pirate & False Colors paints, which are the most important for our purposes, meant for piracy.

-The Stanton paints (ArcCorp, Crusader, Hurston, microTech) that many of us have from Resource Drive. They're cool for the Stanton Commanders to use for underlings running errands around the system. If you didn't manage to get these during Resource Drive, you can now get them from the grey market individually for about $9-10 each, or just buy the whole Celebration pack if you want all 4 of them.

-The Disco Paint that's not in the pack but was awarded to everyone who owned an Aurora Mk I at the end of the Aurora Mk I Celebration sale event.

In addition, right before they were taken off sale, I bought (all links offline, but paints can still be bought from the grey market):

-UEE Distinguished Service Paint $5
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/en/p ... vice-Paint

Image

It has the UEE logo and colors so it goes great with the CDS GCD-Army armor you get for attaining one referral [ > ], and which I've set as the SupComs' bodyguard in the Cult Spec. This is basically the only vehicle and paint with a UEE logo stamped on it, so I thought it's well worth the $5 to own it and pair it with the armor for roleplaying purposes. The limited-edition SE Aurora is particularly fitting if you have it as the ultimate Aurora with the leather seat etc., but any version will do.

Image

One referral btw means you make a new account, refer yourself, buy something for $45, then gift that something back to your main account. So essentially the armor can be free AS LONG AS you plan to spend $45 to buy something.

Image

This paint becomes particularly valuable now that a leak today revealed that it's also coming for the Constellation Mk IV, which will also be retired sometime after the Mk V launches:

Image

-Invictus Blue and Gold Paint $5
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/en/p ... Gold-Paint

Image

The Invictus paints are great and I want them all to use when under shubn's command. I just had to grab this.


Let us know if you grabbed any Aurora Mk I paints before they were taken off the store, or when you buy any from the grey market. That's the only way you'll be able to from now on.
User avatar
icycalm
Hyperborean
 
Joined: 28 Mar 2006 00:08
Location: Tenerife, Canary Islands

Previous

Return to Cult Citizen