default header

Cult Citizen

Cult Fleet

Moderator: JC Denton

Re: Cult Fleet

Unread postby shubn » 12 Jul 2023 09:37

I upgraded a Fury to an Eclipse and a Fury MX to a Retaliator Bomber (cashmoney). Also got an STV referral bonus.

I also bought an M50, Vanguard Sentinel and Hurricane (not cashmoney).
shubn

Unread postby shubn » 19 Jul 2023 13:22

Bought a Hawk, Mustang Alpha and Mustang Gamma.

Why a Mustang Alpha? I've been experimenting with loadouts and wanted to see how good you could make starter ships with a few changes.
shubn

Unread postby shubn » 26 Jul 2023 13:20

Bought an F7C-S Hornet Ghost, 85X Limited, Centurion, Cyclone AA, Cyclone TR.
shubn

Unread postby shubn » 30 Jul 2023 13:17

Bought a Razor and a P-52 Merlin.

I also melted my Vulture (which means I also don't have the Buccaneer loaner anymore), and used the store credit to get a 1-year Centurion subscription. I wasn't using it anymore, and it's coming to in-game stores in 3.20 anyway. I might pledge it again in the future, with LTI this time. Maybe once munching comes online.
shubn

Unread postby icycalm » 31 Jul 2023 21:17

Got an STV for my main account from the referral program by making a throwaway account and referring myself. On the throwaway account I bought a CCU for $40 that I can gift back to my main account in 30 days. Once that happens, I intend to upgrade the STV to a Nomad, but I may change my mind before then. I already have an STV so I will upgrade the new one to something, for sure.

The promotion ends in a few hours btw.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Aug 2023 21:24

I gifted clone 1's Vulture to my main account because with 3.20 which drops in a few weeks we'll just be able to buy a Vulture for the clone in-game. And then I upgraded my second STV to a Nomad.

And with aUEC I bought the Mustang Gamma which is a cool starter racing ship, plus it goes well with the just-released racing jackets and the old racing helmets you can buy in the store.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Adjudicator » 02 Aug 2023 03:31

Using the Foundation Festival referral promotion and creating mule accounts, I have managed to obtain an STV each for my main account and CULTCLONE-2.

I also used Warbond ship upgrades to obtain a Cutlass Red for my main account.
Adjudicator

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Aug 2023 11:35

Upgraded one of my 4 Furys to a Cutlass Black. This seems to be the best all-rounder in the game, and both shubn and ysignal own one and we use them a lot. I also considered getting a Cutlass Red instead, and I was telling ysignal on stream that I think it might be more useful than the Black in some scenarios. If Adjudicator was watching the stream, it might be the reason he just bought a Red. I plan to write a thread discussing their differences. Ultimately, it's good to have both.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ysignal » 02 Aug 2023 16:18

I bought a Cyclone MT. I'll get a TR soon as well.
ysignal

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Aug 2023 17:14

Upgraded a P-52 Merlin referral reward to an Ursa. The Ursa seems to be the ultimate bunker machine: you can get to bunkers without being shot at, and it can fit a pile of bodies inside it that Cyclones can't. You can also use a Lynx, but the Lynx is a luxury vehicle and I prefer to keep it for touring. Plus the Ursa has 4 jump seats as opposed to the Lynx's 2 luxury seats.

Only problem with the Ursa is that I doubt it fits in a Cutlass, so you might need to take a bigger ship. A Valkyrie would be good for it, but it can also go in a Hammerhead I think if you have a large crew and want to also fly space bounties.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Aug 2023 17:03

Bought an LTI Corsair from the Impound for $180. The reason was, I have a bunch of ships, but they're all small ones. I have nothing that can carry anything larger than a Cyclone or ROC, and I would like to carry an Ursa around for bunkers, as it's the ultimate bunker rover. The cheapest ship right now that can carry the Ursa is this Corsair on sale from the Impound, so I snagged it. I was also considering the Valkyrie, but that's somewhat dearer. Some other day.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 25 Aug 2023 11:42

I completed and applied my Fury to 400i CCU chain, so I now have a cashmoney 400i and one less Fury.
shubn

Unread postby ysignal » 26 Aug 2023 10:54

I bought a Scorpius, a Carrack, a 600i Explorer, a Ballista, a Constellation Aquila and three Ursas with cash. Also, the Carrack, 600i and Aquila also come with (between them) a P-52 Merlin, two more Ursas, a C8X Pisces Expedition, an Origin 325a and a Cyclone. With these purchases I reached Space Marshal and got the RSI Venture Explorer Suit Executive Edition. Also the Scorpius, the Carrack and the 600i are the Showdown editions.
ysignal

Unread postby ysignal » 26 Aug 2023 11:25

I also just bought a Reclaimer from the Impound.
ysignal

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Aug 2023 12:39

The Carrack is an Expedition version, right? Otherwise you wouldn't have got the C8X. Also it's worth noting that the 325a and Cyclone are loaners.

Great to have an extra Carrack and Reclaimer. I've lost count of how many Carracks we have now, must be about 5-6, which means we can almost always have at least one available. 3 Reclaimers also means we'll be able to run the big salvage mission more often, plus 2 Reclaimers simultaneously should now be on the cards quite frequently.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ysignal » 26 Aug 2023 13:23

The Carrack isn't the Expedition variant, so I don't actually have the C8X. The wiki I was using doesn't seem to clearly distinguish the two variants.
ysignal

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Aug 2023 13:30

So confirm for me that you have the regular C8.

Btw, let me clear up the Carrack versus Carrack Expedition debacle.

Currently, because there are no proper capital military ships in the game, we're using the Carrack as our capital ship. So for this purpose, I prefer the base Carrack with the dark paintjob. This is much better than any other Carrack paintjob in the game currently.

However, once proper military capital ships come in the game, the Carrack will be relegated to its proper role: expedition. And for that role, I prefer the white Expedition paintjob (again, superior to all the other light paintjobs for the ship currently in the game).

I am not saying the above should influence anyone's buying decisions. All I am saying is, given a choice, I prefer to use the regular Carrack for us for the time being, especially during Dynamic Events (because for smaller day-to-day operations an expedition ship makes more sense).
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ysignal » 26 Aug 2023 13:48

I have the regular C8.
ysignal

Re: Clones

Unread postby Adjudicator » 10 Sep 2023 17:38

CULTCLONE-2 has a Prospector and a Vulture.

These will probably be upgraded/melted to contribute to the Anvil Liberator in the future, likely when the Starfarer loaner is no longer provided once the Vulcan is fully flight-ready.
Adjudicator

Unread postby shubn » 15 Sep 2023 21:10

I bought a Dragonfly and an Ursa.

On the cashmoney side, I completed and applied my Fury MX to Redeemer chain, so I now have a Redeemer, and one less Fury MX.
shubn

Unread postby recoil » 20 Sep 2023 22:57

I bought a Fury LX along with the Black Star paint from the Concierge store.
recoil

Unread postby recoil » 21 Sep 2023 15:20

I bought an Ursa with my own UEC.
recoil

PreviousNext

Return to Cult Citizen