default header

Cult Citizen

Profession: Looting

Moderator: JC Denton

Profession: Looting

Unread postby shubn » 24 Sep 2023 14:59

Landed at a Hurston UGF, ready for some shootin' & lootin'

With the introduction of the Ranger Spec, I figured I would give my thoughts on the acquisition of the Artimex and Artimex Hurston Dynamics Executive Security armor sets.

The Hurston Artimex is not too difficult to get reliably. What you do is go to any Hurston UGF uninvited and start blasting. The elite guard wearing it should show up eventually. You probably want to disable the Comm Array beforehand if you don't want a CrimeStat for your murdering spree. Just be aware that turning off the Hurston Comm Array increases the chances of PvP around UGFs, and I speak from experience.

As for the base Artimex, it is one of those armor sets that can only be found piecemeal in loot crates. Putting together even a single set could take a very long time. If you see it listed on the black market, it's likely that the seller mislabeled the Hurston Artimex as simply "Artimex".
shubn

Re: Profession: Looting

Unread postby shubn » 17 Mar 2024 20:15

A lawful and reliable way to get the Hurston Artimex armor seems to be the "Retrieve Consignment" contracts. One of the Nine Tails heavies on site seems to always be wearing most of the Hurston Artimex armor pieces, with the missing piece being found on a corpse somewhere in the UGF. I'm assuming this is only the case on Hurston. Nine Tails heavies should be present on other planets as well, but likely wearing something else.

Also, since it came up recently, the heavy ADP Hurston armor, or any security forces armor, can be found on friendlies' corpses in "Defend Site" type contracts. Let security forces and Nine Tails shoot it out until you hear no more shots for better chances of security forces involuntarily donating their gear to our cause.
shubn

Re: Profession: Looting

Unread postby shubn » 17 Mar 2024 22:13

Enemies wearing Nine Tails Artimex are fairly common in any type of mission involving Nine Tails, like "Defend Site", "Destroy Drugs", "Remove Illegal Occupants", etc. Typically in a UGF or at a wreck site. These missions are named slightly differently depending on the planet. Then there's also the Orison platforms missions. Only the Nine Tails Artimex core and arms exist, these "Artimex" enemies are wearing a Nine Tails Morningstar helmet and Inquisitor legs.
shubn

Return to Cult Citizen