default header

Cult Citizen

Gear

Moderator: JC Denton

Gear

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Nov 2023 00:22

Thread on all non-weapon/non-armor gear. Perhaps in the future we'll have specialized threads for the various professions, but for now I think a single thread will do. I'll make the first post in a moment.

Note that exclusive gear (i.e. only acquired via ca$hmoney or special events and challenges), has its own thread: https://culture.vg/forum/topic?t=7767
icycalm
Hyperborean

Greycat Industrial MaxLift Tractor Beam

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Nov 2023 00:55

Finally!
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... p7/finally

Capital-Service-8236 wrote:Someone make a video of 20 people moving a 890jump pls

Subtle_Tact wrote:I can't tell if this is a joke, would this actually be possible?

M3rch4ntm3n wrote:Multiple beams' add up their energy/force (degressiv, log...who knows)

Ocbard wrote:It's giving me Half Life 2 vibes. I wonder if you can pull fixtures out of the wall with it and chuck them at the 9tails. "Eat radiator bastard!"

Raikira wrote:Something that big should be held at waist height, with a strap over the shoulder :)

HappyFamily0131 wrote:It looks like someone casually holding a car engine strapped to the end of a bat.

The modeling and textures say, "I'm made of steel and weigh 30 lbs." The posture says, "I'm made of cardboard and am just for cosplay."

BlueboyZX wrote:Where did you find this guy? We wanna buy!

LaughinJack wrote:EPTU Refinery Deck at ARC-L1, probably every refinery deck but that's the one I know for sure

You can lift small ships with the tractor beam [Ignore the planet not rendering] [CTD at the end]
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... actor_beam

lucavigno wrote:Imagine being in a battle and that mf throws you a whole ship.

Emadec wrote:Imagine it having the push feature of Half-life 2’s gravity gun

Digim0rtal wrote:Copying more from that game? Maybe

SharpEdgeSoda wrote:At this point, copying a game that's gone almost *2 decades* without a proper sequel isn't copying anymore.

Gaben sleeps. Time for someone to steal from his ogre treasure horde.

Good news everyone!
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... s_everyone

Willpalazzo wrote:There has been a hotfix for the EPTU and it’s not ctd every 5 seconds! So I bring to you new shiny! First 2 pictures are 1 and 2 scu shared inventory cargo boxes! Although currently you can’t get them on to your ship physically. Third-Seventh photos are of the new tractor rifle! Looks and sounds pretty cool, even fits in a regular gun rack! The last 2 photos for some reason I could lock the beam on the mess hall table and doors on the Corsair. Perhaps something to do with future hull munching? Didn’t have much time to test, but they are available at refineries!

No-Recover3177 wrote:Is this the garry's mod update?

SemiGaseousSnake wrote:Why does it say out of ammo?

CyberianK wrote:They will give them batteries you have to reload long term.

I think they already had that implemented but took it out until there are more ways to charge up stuff.

Appropriate-Math422 wrote:I found a Greycat battery on a 9T in a bunker (3.21.0). Looks like a ammo magazine as it’s a rectangle. I guess that it’s in the loot table prematurely.

This has been expected for years, and it's finally in PTU. It should arrive with 3.21.1 near the end of the month and skyrocket the complexity of interactions both out of combat and especially in it!
icycalm
Hyperborean

FUNT Cryptokey

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Nov 2023 20:29

New golden FUNT Cryptokey - fastest one yet (EPTU 3.21.1)
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... e_yet_eptu

They may be adding this due to the upcoming Data Heist missions.

Myre_TEST wrote:The Funt works in like a minute. It's incredible.

Belaroth wrote:We need more items like this. Items which have value and can improve something but which you can't buy in shops.

SugMadix wrote:So basically something like a executive hacking key? It would be so CIG if this was bound to a 5000$ Concierge level lmao.

Strange-Scarcity wrote:You can technically loot Executive Armor, including the Golden Underpants these days. They are extremely rare in the loot tables, but they do exist. The Executive Sniper Rifle is considerably more common.

Magnus_xyz wrote:It looks like the key on the black kite that you use to steal data from the Nine Tails.

s-a_n-s_ wrote:I've been keeping them from the black kite missions, don't know if it's the same name but they have the same model.

cnab88 wrote:Hopefully they will bring back all the old hacking chips. It would be cool to see variants that are job specific/optimized.

Mors_Umbra wrote:Yeah, I never got why they removed them in the first place. Current hacking still works exactly the same as before they removed them. I miss my icepicks.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen