default header

Cult Citizen

Anvil Hornet series

Moderator: JC Denton

Anvil Hornet series

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Mar 2024 00:18

Anvil Hornet Mk II vs Mk I
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... kii_vs_mki

The new version is supposed to be revealed tomorrow. This is speculation based on several cryptic signs from CIG.

There seems to be a long history to this new version. Backers were sold an upgrade kit over a decade ago, but it's not clear now what will be done about that kit. There are several options because CIG's plans on the subject have changed over the years.

Normally, when ship designs get updated, all owners get their ships automatically updated, for free. But with this ship, it seems Chris wants both versions in the game, because it lends depth to the lore, as the lore has also been made to mention the update by the in-game manufacturer. So the playerbase wants to know if they'll be asked to purchase the new version separately, etc.

There may be more to the controversy, I am just relating the handful of facts I've gleaned from skimming the relevant discussions.

A major change seems to be that the new version is a single-seater whereas the old was dual-seater.

Also, the recently-announced Hornet price changes [ > ] seem to have to do with this update.

If anyone has more info on this whole subject, let us know.

I don't know how I feel about the new design. It's hard to tell from the leaked images. But my gut reaction is that I liked the older better, and I appreciated the dual-seat setup more. It's nice to have an extra seat when a friend's ship blows up and he wants to jump in the back, and that is the role the Super Hornet has filled in the Cult Spec. Not sure what I'll do with the new version, if anything.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen