default header

MOST WANTED

MOST WANTED: Industrial Annihilation (PC)

Moderator: JC Denton

MOST WANTED: Industrial Annihilation (PC)

Unread postby schadenfreude » 18 Oct 2023 23:16

I just saw this was announced on the PA: Titans' Steam page: https://steamcommunity.com/games/386070 ... _9_100000_

Galactic Annihilation wrote:Introducing Industrial Annihilation - Pre-Order Today!
Deep factory building meets world-class RTS gameplay in the upcoming Industrial Annihilation.

The team behind Planetary Annihilation, which has sold over 3 million units and is still beloved and played by fans almost a decade later, is back with a new twist on the popular franchise.

Industrial Annihilation blends the iconic real-time strategy of the beloved Annihilation series with deep factory-building to deliver a blend of genres unlike any you've experienced before.

Industrial Annihilation is available for pre-order or for investment on the StartEngine investment platform! You can invest in the company behind the game today to become a shareholder and partake in Industrial Annihilation’s potential galactic success.

Learn more here: industrialannihilation.com

So I went there to learn more: https://industrialannihilation.com

Galactic Annihilation Inc. wrote:Latest Game in the Franchise

The team behind Planetary Annihilation, which has sold over 3 million units and is still beloved and played by fans almost a decade later, is back with a new twist on the popular franchise.

Build the Ultimate Factory for RTS Battles

You don't want the weapons. You want the machines that make them. Become a master constructor. Feed resources into giant Titan-level units, or go all-in on game-ending planet crushers. Create the ultimate kill squad or build artillery to devastate opponents with nukes.

Galactic Single Player Campaign

Chaos is hellbent on wiping out the galaxy with their diesel-fueled armies that shred and burn any who dare oppose them. Play as the Commander who rises to stop the destruction and claim the galaxy, one thrilling mission at a time.

Multiple Factions

Choose from two unique factions to play as or battle against - Chaos, and Machina. Each faction presents their own unique combat units, playstyles and strategies.

Unshackle Combat AI. Or Don't.

Build impressively productive bases as your primary focus and delegate advanced artificial intelligences to do the fighting for you. Or, roll up your sleeves, and get hands-on by leading the real-time strategy action yourself.

Announce Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB49yJp ... XVyolQO3wj

There's also a FAQ page that was down the first time I tried it, but it's working now: https://industrial-annihilation-faq.xso ... 4166089742

Galactic Annihilation wrote:Where and when does Industrial Annihilation Release?

Industrial Annihilation is planned to release into Steam Early Access sometime in Q2 of 2024 at $29.99. The full launch of the game will be released about a year after that, and the price at that time will increase to $39.99.

Then there's a link to their page on StartEngine, which is where you can invest in their company for a minimum investment of $499.80: https://www.startengine.com/offering/in ... 4166089742

I scrolled to the bottom to see if I could find any names, and holy shit Jon Mavor is there!

When I saw the "team behind Planetary Annihilation" earlier, I thought they were bullshitting because he stopped working on PA years ago, but in addition to Mavor, the CTO, Art Director, and Design Director are all listed as working on PA, so this does look like members of the original team are back.

There are more details on the page about the company that aren't mentioned on their main site:

Galactic Annihilation wrote:At Galactic Annihilation, we develop and publish unique video games based on our hit real-time strategy title, Planetary Annihilation, which raised over $2.2 million on Kickstarter and sold over 3 million copies worldwide. We believe Industrial Annihilation has the potential to be even bigger and more successful.

Introducing Industrial Annihilation, the sequel to Planetary Annihilation. With new unique features like our factory building & Real-Time Strategy (RTS) hybrid gameplay that creates near infinite replayability, Industrial Annihilation is designed to redefine the RTS genre. According to our research, we are constructing the next-generation of RTS in a way players have never seen before. It's Annihilation-inspired gameplay on a planetary scale.

Galactic Annihilation wrote:Industrial Annihilation blends the iconic real-time strategy of the beloved Annihilation series of games with deep factory-building to deliver a blend of genres unlike any you've experienced before.

Build a unique working factory-sim to extract resources, lay production pipelines, construct units, and erect defenses against the corruption of Chaos in an epic singleplayer campaign featuring world-class RTS combat. Or, match wits against other Commanders online in intense co-op and PvP battles.

Notice the IP is listed as "Annihilation Universe".

Galactic Annihilation wrote:What sets Galactic Annihilation apart in today's gaming industry is the scarcity of competition in the unique blend of genres that we're pioneering. Our advantage? A team brimming with rare and elusive RTS expertise, honed over years of crafting iconic games. With a loyal community eagerly awaiting our next Annihilation game, we believe we're poised to meet pent-up demand head-on, infusing the franchise with a fresh and exciting perspective. Industrial Annihilation's target market sits at the thrilling crossroads of assembly line and factory games (think Dyson Sphere Program and Factorio) and the classic Annihilation-style RTS games (Total Annihilation, Supreme Commander, and Planetary Annihilation). We plan to build on the success of our previous title, Planetary Annihilation, which sold over 3 million units, and envision an even larger audience.

I looked through everything and didn't see anything about adding a space layer. The UI in the trailer looks like it's straight out of the original game, and a lot of the units look familiar. It's pre-alpha footage though, so there's time for things to change. For now I really wish they'd put up a Steam page so I can wishlist and follow it, but I suppose they'll continue to publish updates on the PA: Titans' page, so follow that if you're not already.

Early Access Q2 2024.
Last edited by schadenfreude on 18 Oct 2023 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
schadenfreude

Re: MOST WANTED: Industrial Annihilation (PC)

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Oct 2023 00:08

Moved thread to MOST WANTED section (note that the thread's eventual home, once the game is released, will be the Cosmic War section [ > ] along with PA and games of this ilk).

Lots to analyze here, I wrote basically a multi-page essay in my head that will serve as prologue to my eventual review while sitting in the toilet just now. But I need to finish first my UE city-building updates, then we have CitCon this weekend, so it'll be next week before I get around to writing and publishing it. And it will be published on http://cosmicwar.net, which will be cleaned up and resurrected for the occasion. Expect many cool things, including some PA events soonishTM.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Oct 2023 00:46

Invest with StartEngine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxAHEjP ... XVyolQO3wj

The second video on their new YouTube channel, published two hours after the first one. It's the same images/assets/video mostly, but you do get to see a couple seconds of new stuff towards the end. The highlight of the video for me though are the couple of Nietzschean destruction jokes they make. Worth watching the video for them, though I would watch anyway for the remixed content.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Oct 2023 22:19

Meet the Team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb5coDwuN8w

Posted this:

I wrote:"Meet the team", but we only see 2 people, and the same subpar footage. I am your biggest fan, but you have to do better guys. If the video isn't kickass, don't publish it. You don't gain anything by putting out a bunch of subpar videos. The initial trailer was decent, but every one after that has been worse.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Oct 2023 22:19

Flat maps, according to someone from some Discord.

I am considering moving it out of the MOST WANTED section.

It's more complicated than that, and I'll write more later, but with a single square map surrounded by invisible walls, this won't even be 1/10th of the game that PA is.

As soon as I can afford a server, I will restart all the PA events. I was planning to do it anyway, and this was the last nudge I needed.

Mavor will let down the entire community for the first time in his life. Mark my words. I am never wrong about these things. I was telling the Factorio director about fusing his game with PA back in 2017, years before Dyson Sphere launched. But the main thing to keep is the PLANETS. If you toss them out, doesn't matter what else you do to the formula, the game will be inferior. At this rate, even the chink Dyson Sphere will be superior to this game lol. I am genuinely more hyped about DSP's Darkfog update [ > ] than about this now.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to MOST WANTED