default header

STANTON

Gang: Dusters

Moderator: JC Denton

Gang: Dusters

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Dec 2023 14:45

https://starcitizen.tools/Dusters

Star Citizen Wiki wrote:The Dusters are an Outlaw pack operating in Stanton. They offer criminal missions and appear in several lawful missions as enemies.

The Dusters specialize in mining-related crimes, such as robbing miners and illegal mining operations on other people's claims.

Finally we're getting a new gang in 3.22! They'll be in some of the new derelict settlements. We're a mere couple of weeks away from encountering them. Can't wait!

I'll post in the Cult Spec thread about upgrade opportunities, though they are a ragtag band of fellows so it won't be a rich selection unfortunately. I don't like the look of them and don't want to be their friend, so we'll mostly be killing them.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Gang: Dusters

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Dec 2023 15:03

They're basically space injuns stealing fuel from miners and the derelict settlements are their reservations. Yay for space racism, CIG!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Gang: Dusters

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Dec 2023 14:06

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... ng_and_not

sexual_pasta wrote:WHY is the new Dusters stuff clothing and not undersuit + armor?

I went to Picker's Field to find me some Dusters, sorry homies I gotta kill you for the armor (Dusters best Stanton faction).

All the new kit is clothing and not armor. So you can't use it on Hurston because Hurston makes you drunk. You can't use it in space or on Daymar. Some of them have reworked Microid armor or Lynx armor but the bulk of them are wearing clothing.

Watch CIG spawn these guys on airless moons in the future lmao.

Strangely enough these new clothes have 30-40% DR like armor and weapon/ammo hardpoints.

Item description Ixonia Helmet Desert Camo:

Made to withstand the heaviest hits, the Ixonia helmet was crafted with the needs of on-the-ground combat in mind. It features a hybrid composite shell and foam inner core that work in tandem to ensure stability and high impact-reisistance [sic]. An optional hood and camo cape provide protection from the wind when worn with the matching jacket. Please note that this mask is not space-rated and should only be ---

kairujex wrote:It is in PTU, is it possible it's a bug?

soggy_cave wrote:The description of the helmets says specifically not approved for space. I'm paraphrasing but yeah. Probably because Dusters just live on the surface of breathable planets. Time to retcon that garbage Hurston atmosphere drunkenness. Please.

sexual_pasta wrote:What about Daymar? I thought the Dusters were active there too.

sexual_pasta wrote:I think it's possible that they may be looking to change the armor system so that you can use clothing like this over an undershirt.

Agitated-Ad-8325 wrote:Can you survive in space or on a moon with it?

sexual_pasta wrote:Nope. I haven't tried in space but the atmosphere on Hurston was making me drunk, so no protection from atmo effects. You can test but it's an easy guess about hard vacuum.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to STANTON