default header

STANTON

Derelict Settlement: Cutter's Rig (Hurston, No QT)

Moderator: JC Denton

Derelict Settlement: Cutter's Rig (Hurston, No QT)

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Mar 2024 02:25

We've been to Cutter's Rig a couple of times. First time it was me and recoil.

recoil wrote:Heading to Cutter's Rig to clean up the trash.

We didn't manage to land. I was flying my new C1 and screwed up.

icycalm wrote:Low fly-by of Cutter's Rig. I almost clipped one of the windmills.

We hit the water on the second pass and died. There doesn't seem to be a place to land around there and take out the Cyclone, so we're going back with a Cutter that's smaller.

At that point I quit, but recoil went back there with Exiled and took some stunning photos.

icycalm wrote:@CULT|recoil @CULT|ExiledOne Take some gravlev bikes in a Cutter and hover with the Cutter over the ocean, and let out the bikes there and make the approach to Cutter's Rig with them!

If you don't have any bikes they are cheap. I think one of them is a 2-seater.

recoil wrote:We actually landed the Cutlass on the rig.

icycalm wrote:!

icycalm wrote:A Cutlass Steel with one person on the door gun would have been nice for that then.

Incredible pics.

recoil wrote:I've been blasting the illegals from the turret.

recoil wrote:Exploring the rig right now.

recoil wrote:Found some civilians. Contemplating killing them.

Archonus wrote:"Papers, please."

Archonus wrote:Welp

recoil wrote:Killed them and I was awarded.

They are illegals after all.

I like that he did it with his sidearm. No point wasting big bullets on space mexicans.

icycalm wrote:500 aUEC?

Archonus wrote:For Call to Arms?

recoil wrote:Yeah.

recoil wrote:Low view of the rig.

recoil wrote:High view of the rig.

Archonus wrote:Such a cool location.

recoil wrote:Tried to capture the layout.

icycalm wrote:Keep in mind you can harvest some plants from some of these settlements. Mostly in greenhouses I think, but I would try any plants I saw.

icycalm wrote:Where is your Cutter parked?
Oh I see the Cutlass.
Leave no survivors to bear witness. That's how Cultstone operates.
I mean Cultwater.

ExiledOne wrote:Was able to pick some pitambu from the plants in the greenhouse.

icycalm wrote:Is it edible?

recoil wrote:Yep. Ate a few before we left, it actually has a few beneficial effects.

Archonus wrote:Immune boosting!

icycalm wrote:Got some Duster clothes too I see.

Would be cool if we had some central location to dump these where everyone could access it. I have an idea how to do this at some point when I have a stable residence. I'll get a clone to stay logged into a Carrack 24/7 with a mouse wiggler, out in the middle of nowhere. So anyone will be able to connect to the server and go to the base.

recoil wrote:We ended up crashing at Port Tressler, lol. I decided to quit after.

icycalm wrote:Got some work done for sure tonight.

icycalm wrote:Btw the brutal way we are allowed to treat the illegals tracks with the nature of the Hurston regime.

Adjudicator wrote:Given all the dystopian posters and propaganda throughout Lorville, it makes sense.

Workers trying to save on rental charges and fees to the favoured subsidiaries leasing and managing approved dormitories? Death penalty.

Inhabitants trying to bypass expensive property taxes by living in unauthorised housing? Death penalty.

Ambitious locals building cheap accommodation and trying to undercut our approved worker dormitory companies by sidestepping legally enforced permits and fees? Harsh punishments.

icycalm wrote:You should be writing lore for CIG lol.

Adjudicator wrote:This was just me extrapolating based from my experiences living and working in Singapore - namely, the greatly increased property taxes on private property owners to refill the reserves and budgets required for lockdown measures in 2020 and 2021, and the question about [slave labour]/foreign migrant worker living conditions.

Playing that mission to "evict" the illegal squatters with CULT reminds me of the current affairs in my home country, only "refined" into an extreme dystopian science fiction version.

I think Rory and ysignal also went there, so that would be our third trip, but I am not sure, need to ask them. In any case, I plan to go again because I've only hit the water there. I want to take a Nox and Ranger gear and try to stealth-kill everyone.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to STANTON