default header

PYRO

Pyro Clothes & Armor

Moderator: JC Denton

Pyro Clothes & Armor

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Nov 2023 17:23

Hooded Jacket is Dope... Uhh Never Mind
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... never_mind

Astro74205 wrote:Now we just need glowing melee weapons. ;-)

LorianArks wrote:There already is the daemon fang knife

vortis23 wrote:The Vanduul staff definitely glows.... we just have to find a way to get our hands on one.

oFFtheWall0518 wrote:The realism in this game is next level.

That's exactly what it looks like when I wear a hoodie.

rotelSlik wrote:-3 to perception?

RPG player spotted!

SubtleCosmos wrote:Nah, it’s dope.

Pretty tired of there being no consequences for wearing a helmet all the time (and the goofy mask-style “helmets” that still work in areas with no breathable atmosphere) and having the absolute clearest vision possible. I would far more prefer the choices of what we wear to be much more impactful on the gameplay experience.

MasonStonewall wrote:Why never mind? You take the advantage with the disfavor in life, right? I remember the Novikov armor not letting you have good view, but at least the weather it protected you from didn't bother you.

I think with the upcoming personal armor changes, we will all need to choose carefully before we set out on adventures in the future.

ALewdDoge wrote:I'm so butthurt the Pembroke and Novikov first person helmet overlays got yeeted. I really wish they'd bring ALL of those back, but at the very least I think all bulky suits should have them. Helmet overlays are so cool as long as they're not super over the top like in OP's image.

TiredAndBored2 wrote:I had issues remembering to put on a helmet. The pembroke helmet made it obvious whether I was wearing one or not.

WizogBokog wrote:old versions of the game did exactly that, but everyone cried like bitches until they removed it. So there is little to no chance of that coming back.

It's almost certainly coming back, and this hood is the proof. I am sure they're waiting for the new helmet animations to go in (part of them are already in the EPTU), and then vision obstruction is coming to all head gear.

ArdentLobster wrote:Big dumb open dome helmets are made for this purpose.

I also kinda feel like if they're going to lean into the literal simulation aspects, this should be a thing to at least keep people from running around in heavy combat gear all the time.

Logic-DL wrote:They removed it because they didn't work at all on resolutions greater than 16:9

This hood's a good idea, but it'll go the same way, because it doesn't work on resolutions that it's not designed for.

Nexine wrote:How did it not work? Did it not properly cover the whole screen or something?

Or were people crying because the helmet limiting their FOV covered more of their wider FOV screen than a 16:9 one?

SRM_Thornfoot wrote:The second one. People with wide monitors and even triples were left looking through a porthole and hated it loudly.

Of course now we have lots of options for helmets so they could bring back the view restriction tradeoffs on some of them since you have a choice to get a different helmet.

SemiGaseousSnake wrote:If I wear a big hood like this IRL you don't see me bitching that I can't see, and my FOV is way wider than an ultrawide.

TheWuffyCat wrote:Wear a hood like that. I bet you'll find it does pretty much the same thing. It just feels different when it's ourselves rather than a game character. I'd be interested to see how this interacts with head tracking.

RainbowRaccoon wrote:The sides I can kinda get, but it should probably not be cutting off that much vertically. The way it obstructs your mobiglass view implies that the hood droops to near eye level which is not reflected on the model.

ALewdDoge wrote:UI elements are now tied to FOV (actually have been for a very long time, in fact), so this should no longer be an issue. This just means CIG needs to tie the helmet overlays to the UI, not as an actual mesh rendered in-world. If modders from Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas can do this, there's no excuse for CIG to not be able to. It's low priority so I'm fine with it not showing up for many many years, but it's absolutely super lame if they just ditch the idea entirely :/

nojustice73 wrote:Pull that back to a realistic angle and it would be fine.

But this looks like you're at the back of a tent looking out.

MrC00KI3 wrote:It would be still cool, if it would increase stealth on an identification level, so not NPCs not being able to spot you're there but rather: You have a bounty but security personal doesn't notice when you walk next to them.

CIG has the best designers ever (apart from Cult Games of course), and what they don't figure out, their high-IQ players will and tell them.

Juls_Santana wrote:Ya'll must be new

The hooded jacket sold at Grim Hex has been the same way since like 2017 at least

Maybe they stopped selling it there, it's been awhile since I checked

RainbowRaccoon wrote:Yeah, back then it was hell to take off too, since clothing was equipped through mobi and the hood blocked the buttons you needed to press so you had to know where to click blind.

Reported on IC, never got enough replications 'cause nobody wore clothes, and got autorejected once a new patch hit. Good times~
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Pyro Clothes & Armor

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Nov 2023 00:56

Haven't seen this discussed - Pyro NPCs are defying clothing/armor rules - does this point to coming changes?
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... re_defying

Looks like Pyro NPCs can wear armor with pants. That said,

magvadis wrote:They've always had stuff we don't.

The artists get to bend the rules... we follow some arbitrary ones.

I'm still waiting for the watershed day I can wear an overcoat over my suit.

Can't wait to play dress-up with all the new Pyro gear after I've interior decorated my hangar, apartment and outpost base. Who gives a shit about combat, this is the real gameplay right here.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Looting Pyro NPCs

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Nov 2023 23:35

I know Pyro is lawless but come on
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... ut_come_on

Capital-Service-8236 wrote:Cooking beam

Almost-Anon98 wrote:Probably sick of getting camped in habs guy just wants to get to work

jez345 wrote:How else is he going to sell rats on a stick? Some sales pitches require a gentle persuasion.

I am more interested in his clothes. Since you can open fire in Pyro stations, you should be able to loot him and all NPCs. That would give a huge amount of new clothes right from the get-go since most/all Pyro NPCs are dressed differently from Stanton ones.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to PYRO