default header

Master of Combat

Black Fang's Dungeon (PF1BB)

Moderator: JC Denton

Black Fang's Dungeon (PF1BB)

Unread postby SriK » 02 Feb 2024 17:17

https://akbattlegrounds.net/w/multivers ... a13440b5e8

I'm looking for three other players to join me in this scenario! We need four total.
SriK

Re: Black Fang's Dungeon (PFS)

Unread postby Some guy » 02 Feb 2024 19:19

Count me in!
Some guy

Unread postby ysignal » 04 Feb 2024 02:07

Sign me up.
ysignal

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Feb 2024 02:46

In case it wasn't clear in that huge essay with which I launched Master of Combat that I doubt many people have read all the way through, a player can control more than one hero in a scenario. He can even control all of them and play like an SRPG. Of course it's $50/hero, but the three of you already have one due to your sub. So if one of you buys a second, the team is full. And you will need more heroes if you plan to have any significant impact in the strategy layer.

Plus any hero that starts 6 months before the current timeline, will get 180 turns to play immediately, which is a massive bonus. If you have 2 heroes you can get quite a lot done! Could send them to explore in different directions on Golarion, could form your own 2-man party with them for safer exploration (more on which soon), or they could start a 2-man business or 2 businesses, or even a faction (more on which, again, soon).

Just sayin'. Not saying anyone here is interested in strategy. I am just explaining how it works.

In any case, Rory says shubn and Jameson were saying on SC stream tonight that they might want to join, so it might not be an issue. But there will be many more scenarios after this one (and maybe before lol), so it's good to know how things work. If you have 2 heroes, you can even play in 2 scenarios simultaneously.

To sign up for a second hero, all you have to do is post in the thread that you want another one.

Also, to sign up a friend for a scenario, all you have to do is post and say so, and the slot is his.

People can also change their minds and withdraw from a scenario, again by posting in the thread and saying so. You can withdraw at any time before the team is full, but you can also withdraw after. Don't need to give a reason if you don't want to. Just say guys I am withdrawing.

I know things don't look so good right now because there doesn't seem to be much excitement for MoC and MoH, but I think when people see the whole thing running in front of their eyes, they'll be mesmerized. I am so excited by the vision, I can barely sleep, and I am working day and night on it. Just "hold the line" as Chris Roberts says, and we'll make the dream reality.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 04 Feb 2024 02:59

I’ll join.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Feb 2024 03:22

Cool, the team is full. I've updated the scenario on the overworld (so that instead of JOIN TEAM the forum link now says FOLLOW STORY), and I'll be giving you some reading material soon. SriK's bonus will... complicate things a bit. You'll see tomorrow.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unlocked Skeleton King's Crypt!

Unread postby Battlegrounds » 05 Feb 2024 15:22

Location: https://akbattlegrounds.net/w/multivers ... a13440b5e8

Battlegrounds wrote:Life in the small town of Sandpoint, in a land called Varisia on the coast of the great Steaming Sea, is simple, but also hard—the surrounding wilderness is full of goblins and other monsters. Lately, these monsters have been growing bolder, carrying off children and livestock from outlying farmsteads.

GM Note: This is the bonus I'd been hyping for whoever would start this thread: a solo scenario included in the "Hero's Handbook" that comes with the "Beginner Box", which means the player doesn't even need a GM, he just follows the instructions in the book, navigating in the game by skipping to sections as directed, and even rolling dice for combat, which means the hero can die! But we'll play it with a GM because I want to record the outcome in the world. This way, if the player survives he gets a free hero, which can be used later as help and/or backup for Black Fang's Dungeon. What's more, this scenario takes place a week before Black Fang, so you can get 7 turns of Master of Heroes all by yourself, SriK, and be the first person in the world to play the game while helping me playtest it before opening it up to more players and heroes! All you have to do, if you're in, is start a thread for the scenario, just as you started this one. I've set the forum link to say "RESERVED: SRIK", and only you can click it. I've programmed it so that if anyone else clicks, it shuts down their computer. That said, it's just a 1-hour basically kids' scenario, so if you can't be bothered just say so and the torch will pass to Rory and so on, all the way down the list of players in this thread. And if none of them take it, it'll become available to anyone in the Battlegrounds who starts the thread. It really is an ideal starting scenario though, and will smoothly transition you to Black Fang's Dungeon and beyond. It's your choice. -icy
Battlegrounds

Unlocked Varisia Theme!

Unread postby Battlegrounds » 05 Feb 2024 15:31

Location: https://akbattlegrounds.net/w/multivers ... a13440b5e8

Varisia Theme: Birthplace of Legends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeKxEG9 ... Tyq3ByUCfA

GM Note: This is the first of the regional overworld themes I am posting, and so far out of the couple dozen I've prepared (still have a couple dozen left for the Inner Sea region), it remains my favorite. It's epic but in a way none of the other tracks are, a kind of nostalgia- and melancholy-tinged epicness. The players who were there for the goblin raid on the festival (depicted in Wayne Reynolds' beautiful illustration) will probably understand more than anyone else. It was the very start of the Pathfinder setting. It was Paizo's first independent product. It was my first time GMing after nearly two decades. It was the first time roleplaying for several of our players. And it was the first appearance of Varisia, Sandpoint, Ameiko, and of course the Paizo goblins. The relevant episodes are akbattlegrounds.net #2 and akbattlegrounds.net #5, and don't miss the Rise of the Runelords Title Sequence that occurred in #5! And btw, this is an official Paizo music track from the mobile game Pathfinder Adventures which is an adaptation of the "Pathfinder Adventure Card Game" (all of which are spoilerific so don't touch them until you unlock them). So this is the official Varisia theme, and they sure nailed it. -icy
Battlegrounds

Re: Black Fang's Dungeon (PF1BB)

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Feb 2024 06:15

We need to generate everyone’s heroes. First step, go to the new #master-of-heroes Discord text channel and roll 1d100. If you get 100, you land a premium hero and roll 1d66 to see which one it is (we begin with 66 premium heroes). If you roll anything other than 100, you get a regular hero which I generate.

More will be explained later, for now let’s get the d100 roll out the way.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Master of Combat