default header

STANTON

Stanton Derelict Settlements

Moderator: JC Denton

Stanton Derelict Settlements

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Dec 2023 17:07

[I initially posted this info in the Hints & Tips thread, but have now spun it off into its own Stanton forum thread. -icy]

KriLL3 wrote:Derelict Settlement Reference Sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/ ... 1254762921

Reference sheet covering locations and how to get there, and what's there for all the (known) derelict settlements, made it last patch, but been to about half of the settlements again this patch, and I can't find any changes beyond Picker's Field getting a QT marker.

Big credit to verseguide.com for most of the data, this is mostly verseguide data compiled along with my own observations and pictures.

jehts wrote:That's great work.

I'll admit I'm slightly disappointed to see that CIG decided "lawful" outposts should just be empty of everything, no shop, no trading and that all services are at pirate outposts (apart from Zephyr).

KriLL3 wrote:Yeah I think these locations could be great social spaces, just spending time somewhere different than most of the locations of the game, problem being that the more developed ones are run by Dusters and the local constabulary faction wants you to kill 1 or all of them, kinda hard to enjoy your time in the bar when a player is there to kill everyone.

These are the new ones coming in 3.22, they aren't in Live yet. Super-excited for these.

P.S. At the top of his reference sheet you'll find a navigation bar with links to a dozen other of his sheets. Check it out.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Hurston: Picker's Field (QT)

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Dec 2023 15:29

We visited Picker's Field on Hurston with Adjudicator, ysignal and Exiled on Saturday, in between Jumptown attempts. We did pretty badly at JT so this visit/break was the highlight of our session, as we were very successful plus it was a cool new location I was dying to check out. Though it has a QT marker, we took a mission to get there. It was a lawful mission to "evict" some "illegal occupants" I think it was, so basically Space Mexicans/Indians, which in the future will be called, appropriately enough, Dusters ("Picker's Field" was also a very appropriate name for the dump that spawns them, I thought, good job CIG). I think it was about 17 of them or so, certainly worth the trip to wipe them out. It was a pretty interesting engagement in a very open, massive location. ysignal got downed once and I revived him, but other than that there were no snags. Sometime after the engagement, as we were exploring the settlement, a Corsair showed up and a player got out, downed one of us I think but we got him. Tried to break into his Corsair from the back by shooting his ramp, but it didn't work.

I grabbed a gas mask from a dead Duster to try out with our outfits. I'll probably use it in the upcoming Pirate Spec, but I am also considering it for the Medic. It would be good if it had a specific function, but I doubt it.

The settlement has a Scrap Shop, a big pond in the middle, and some flaming fires (not sure if those are permanent or somehow connected to our arrival or actions). I loved going up that huge tower in the center and seeing the view from there, it felt like Assassin's Creed and I wanted to jump into the pond. The settlement spreadsheet I posted above notes a "tar pit" as a main feature of the location, but I am not sure if that was the same as the pond I saw. The pond's waters seemed clear, so maybe the pit is something else.

Didn't spend much time exploring as we wanted to get back to JT, but I plan to go back there and take my time, and see if there are any other missions to tackle. I wouldn't go alone if you're taking that eviction mission, as 1v17 is rough odds. Unless it scales with party size, which I doubt. I would say you'll be good with 2 players, the 4 we took was certainly overkill. Note that we first tried to complete the mission by carpet-bombing the settlement (we had 2 A1s with us), but we arrived at night and the settlement is so spread out with dotted infrastructure far away from the habitation area, that I think ysignal ended up just bombing empty ground, while Adjudicator didn't manage to operate his ship's bombs at all. It's certainly worth going back there during daytime and trying to complete the mission just by bombing. Could take an A2 to make it easier.

Because the infrastructure surrounding the settlement is so spread out, we landed a long way from the center, and it took us quite a while to drive in. Then we parked our STVs once again a long way from the center, and we took yet more time to RUN in, so by the time we arrived in the settlement proper it was daybreak, and the rest of our mission took place in daylight. This felt extremely different from the bunkers, where you park your vehicle right outside them. We just didn't know how close it was safe to get with our ships and STVs, and we couldn't even TELL where the center was until we were almost there. Very interesting experience, and very unique compared to everything else available at the moment.

Feel free to make further settlement reports in this thread, and discuss them in general. I took the pic from the spreadsheet linked above, and it has pics of all of them, so you can use those, even if they aren't particularly good pics. I'll post better ones when I find them online, or take them myself.

There are 15 of these settlements in the game now divided between Hurston and microTech, but they are adding even more, so it's quite a bit of work to visit all of them and do all the missions associated with them, also loot them thoroughly etc. I am loving this work.

P.S. There are plenty of videos on YouTube showcasing each settlement, and I plan to watch them after I've thoroughly explored each one, to see if I missed anything. I'll be linking them one by one at that time.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Derelict Settlement Presentation Videos

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Dec 2023 16:07

Inside Star Citizen: Settlers of Stanton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5cC56s ... e4Nkx-wYtR

Should have posted this in the OP. It's basically a trailer for these settlements from back in May while they were being developed. They were supposed to come in the summer, but they got delayed to basically now.

CitizenCon 2953: Living On The Edge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1C2nKb ... mL4Je1BkX3

And then in November at CitCon there is another segment on these settlements in the "Living On The Edge" presentation at 22:38, "New Derelict Settlements With Nicolas Painchaud, Assistant Environment Art Director".

If you want to understand why icycalm will spend dozens of hours exploring and charting these locations in this thread instead of playing more invisible wall games with utterly forgettable environments that you will never think about let alone revisit after completing these brainless games for midwits with the attention span of a toaster, watch these two videos.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to STANTON