default header

Theory

The Popularity vs. Quality Equation

Moderator: JC Denton

Re: The Popularity vs. Quality Equation

Unread postby icycalm » 27 Apr 2024 16:38

https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/673612287

Anonymous wrote:Now that the dust has settled, is it about time we finally admit that Alex Kierkegaard was right the whole time?

Anonymous wrote:Yes, that's correct. Smarter people tend to get bored with simpler games.

Anonymous wrote:Icycalm is just trying to scientifically prove that his taste is the best taste in the world. Because he is the Overman; obviously. Whatever.

The Overman; reduced to streaming Rust on Twitch.

Anonymous wrote:This is the same guy who thinks star citizen is the second greatest game of all time, just underneath his own vapourware title

Anonymous wrote:What are some good First Person 4X games, /v/itizens?

Anonymous wrote:Star Citizen

Not yet, but it will be.

Anonymous wrote:>bait

No, icycalm is genuine.

Anonymous wrote:He is the schizo-philosopher. I'm a huge fan.

Anonymous wrote:>First person 4X
>FP4X

What the FUCK is this shit?

Anonymous wrote:In terms of mechanics and systems. Dungeon crawlers are simple enough that a toddler could play them.

Not a toddler. I played them around 10.

Anonymous wrote:Mediocre games are the most popular, that's all it means, which is pretty true

Yes, and great games are as unpopular as bad ones.

Anonymous wrote:>Pseuds like being given puzzles with many pieces that take ages to solve while lacking the intelligence to see that it is a waste of time.

You could say that of any genre, including fighting games and arcade games. I think you're just coping with the fact you got filtered by genres that actually require intelligent thinking to get good at.

Yep, everyone who prefers dirt-simple games like FTGs to Rust et al. is massively filtered by reality, which is far closer to Rust than to an FTG.

Anonymous wrote:Best Massively-multiplayer Multigroup Survival-building 4X Overworld GMRPG (Ultimate Edition) games?

This person understands.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Previous

Return to Theory