default header

Cult Citizen

Cult Hierarchy & Specs

Moderator: JC Denton

Re: Cult Hierarchy & Specs

Unread postby shubn » 17 Mar 2024 20:51

The core is the Stitcher Core, it is worn by pirates in the "Boarding Action in Progress" mission (aka "the 890 mission"). It is fairly easy to acquire a lot of.

The helmet I believe is the Morozov-SH Redshift, which you can buy at Cubby Blast.

The arms look like one of the Arden-SL, maybe Arden-SL Archangel (available from the pledge store).
shubn

Cult Medic Update

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Mar 2024 21:17

I have a ton of Cult Spec and general SC updates to get through today including some very radical ones, but I'll start with something easy: a pretty big Medic update.

• First off, forget about special paints for Medic vehicles. Melt the ones you have, we'll only be using the default ones from now on. I decided this when I saw the Cutlass Red with the huge RESCUE etc. letters, it just looks cooler than any other paint you could slap on it.

• I know I said I'd keep the Medic Spec free of ca$h stuff, but after reviewing the possibilities, I just had to add a bunch of stuff from the store. However, it's not by any means expensive stuff, it's a mere one-time $26 payment. Normally this wouldn't have been possible if you aren't an RSI subscriber because every time you lost the stuff you'd have to melt and rebuy it, requiring constant access to the Subscribers Store. However, with the upcoming 3.23 next month, the entire bs of melting and rebuying on death finally goes out the window because now our persistent hangars will have a kind of "lost & found kiosk" that can be used to retrieve anything you've cash-bought. Don't ask me how it'll work, no one knows. The point though is that non-subscribers will now be able to acquire and use sub gear, though for the initial purchase you will still have to go through either a friend who subscribes, or the grey market like the Impound, or you can just sub for a month, buy what you want, and unsub.

The problem with the Medic Spec is that modern medics use a lot of green, whereas the armor we're using has very few areas that allow the green undersuit to show through, so that by adding the green backpack and weapons below I give our Medic a much-needed boost of green. And it's just cool to have special gear when switching roles instead of the very same you were using before. So here's the stuff you need to play a Cult Medic.

• CSP-68L Backpack Cayman $5

Make sure to add food and drinks in the backpack. I specify that in the spec. It's not for you, it's for your patients or whatever it is medics call those they treat.

• C54 "Luckbringer" SMG $6

We have St. Patrick's Day to thank for these cool green weapons that just dropped.

• LH86 "Luckbringer" Pistol $6

• 3x QuikFlarePro Pack 3x $3 = $9

We only want the greens from here, but note that for an extra dollar you can get the deluxe pack that includes two more colors. We don't need that though. Also note that these flares work differently from the ones for sale in Cubby Blast. I'll just copy-paste the differences from the product description: "NOTE: Unlike the standard QuikFlare currently found in Stanton, these QuikFlarePro are intended for reuse and will stay lit for as long as you hold onto them. If you drop them, they will stay lit until retrieved or standard server clean-up processes occur. Similar to previous handheld flair items like knives or firearms, if you collect after dropping/trading or maintain possession of your QuikFlarePro, it may be reused and last indefinitely."

• All the above items are mandatory to play a Cult Medic. This last one isn't however. It is only for those who feel like going the extra mile (and 50-dollar-bill) in pursuit of the ultimate medic kit. What exactly am I talking about? I am talking about a green sniper rifle (Gemini Sniper Green Grey) that's currently offered with an Avenger Titan Starter Pack in the pledge store, again due to St. Patrick's Day: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... ck-Warbond

The package costs $56.25 and is Warbond-only meaning you can't just melt your current pack and buy this, you have to spend new cash on it. However, you CAN melt your current pack and put the store credit TOWARDS SOMETHING ELSE, so you can indeed replace your original Starter Pack with this. It's just that you have to spend extra money, you can't do it without spending anything. And btw Concierge players don't need a game package at all to play, just sayin'. And furthermore, even if you do end up with two game packages, it's not wasted money because 1) you still get the Avenger Titan in the pack, and more importantly 2) eventually you'll be able to use the extra package(s) to recruit NPCs to work for you. They have said this, and recoil linked the page somewhere before. Here it is again, with the relevant passage quoted:

Multiple Package Clarification
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... rification

Cloud Imperium Games wrote:Remember it is not necessary to use a Game Character for your NPC crew. You will be able to hire normal NPC crew with credits you've earned in-game. The difference between a Game Character slot converted into a NPC crew member and a regular NPC crew member is that you can customize the Game Character NPC's look, name and backstory. There is an additional bonus of being able to specify one of your Game Character NPC crewmembers as your successor in the event of your main character's death (see Death of a Spaceman), at which point the Game Character NPC will become playable again, with the assets of your deceased old character conveying.

At this point you may be asking why bother with all this if CIG will put the gun in the store down the line? Well, there is precedent to selling custom stuff with Starter Packs and never putting the items in the store or game lootboxes. To be precise, I am aware of two such items, and this may well be the third. At the same time I am aware of very cool stuff like the birdlike alien AVES armor that was originally only available through specific alien ships' concept sale that did eventually make it to the store for a few bucks. So who knows what the fate of this sniper rifle will be. I bet we'll get it again for next year's St. Patrick's Day, and maybe then it'll be offered for a few bucks standalone. But in that case I just melt the pack and buy that. There's no way to lose, from my perspective, because I plan to keep buying stuff. But for those who just want to play a Medic with the least possible expenditure, just ignore this entire bullet point, no worries.

So now I am dying to see a cool pic of the spec. I am planning to take one next to a hospital bed in ArcCorp next time I log in, and I will post it here and update the Spec with it. If anyone else wants to beat me to it and give it a try, be my guest, and post the result here. I think it'll look smashing.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Cult Commendations

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Mar 2024 15:57

I had a thread titled Cult Promotions where we discussed shubn's promotion to Master Chief that has now been merged with this thread. You can read the OP of that thread here: https://culture.vg/forum/topic?p=38797#p38797

So I am essentially merging all discussion on hierarchy and specs into one after realizing that you can't rank up in SC without also ranking up your gear, but gear in SC is expensive so not everyone wants to spend the money or can afford to. Hence the two subjects must be treated together, and there's no way out of this unless you restrict your org to the "free" stuff that can be bought in-game, which while doable, is certainly crippling to both the org's effectiveness and fashion sense. I.e. it would cripple the game both mechanically (can't have an Idris!), and aesthetically to run an org only with $45 game packages.

So the new (self-)promotion system that I will unveil today is heavily based on players' cash-investment into the game, but at the same time I wanted a system that would motivate participation and (friendly) competition also within ranks, so that players could "rank up" and keep "ranking up" forever without switching ranks. And this is the Cult Commendation system.

It will work like this: I will soon start running the Cult Event Stanton Domination on Saturdays (and in the summer also the much tougher upcoming Pyro Domination). Think of it as an "endless swarm" event where CULT takes on THE ENTIRE SERVER and tries to see how far it can go into subduing it. There's endless "gameplay" in here, and in point of fact it's better than any event CIG has done or is planning to do. Think of it as an icycalm-designed CIG event. So of course it would blow out of the water anything CIG has done, plus any other game developer ever. I will even make a logo, poster and trailer for it, and invite other orgs to either join or oppose us. It's basically Planetary Annihilation's Clan Wars/Cosmic War for Star Citizen. Hell I may even make a site for it and start giving orgs points.

So where this ties into our promotion system is as follows. Every Saturday that the event is ran, the higher ranks will be required to hand out only ONE commendation per lower rank. So the Master Chief(s) will have to single out one Inquisitor for commendation, the Captain(s) a single Master Chief, and so on. And these commendations will be tracked in the player's profile on http://cultcitizen.org (and in the OP of this thread until that site goes live) like a high-score board. so each rank will also have seniority within it, so that if at some point there happen to be only Inquisitors in the game, the highest-ranking one will assume command. This will both motivate players to show up to the events, and reward them for doing their best in them.

What if there is only one representative in a rank? Does he get the point automatically? No, he is "merged" for the purposes of the commendation with the lower rank, and is chosen or not chosen for the commendation among them.

What if the higher-ups try to be "nice" by handing the points equally to all players? I demote them. Please don't destroy my org in the name of niceness and just give the damn point to the player you feel distinguished himself in the event.

If there are several members of a higher rank participating in an event, e.g. 3 Captains, they have to hash it out between themselves which Master Chief (or which Inquisitor + Master Chief, for as long as we have only 1 Master Chief) deserves the commendation. Think of it like jury duty: I don't care how you deliberate, as long as you give me the commendation at the end of the day.

What if a higher rank chooses to play a lower one for an event? E.g. a Captain playing an Inquisitor. The commendation still counts if he gets it, he just has to compete for it with a larger pool of people.

Any questions on this system, let me know, and please look forward to the details of the new (self-)promotion system coming soon, where people will simply be buying promotions for themselves via RSI and the grey market.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Cult Supreme Commander Spec Update

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Mar 2024 18:44

I've been thinking about adding a planetary commander rank to the spec for a while, and the recent F7C Mk II release and upcoming F7A upgrade pushed me over the edge to do it. There's just so much cool and very exclusive gold and gold-tinged stuff in the game right now (including the Mk II) that it begged for a rank themed after them. At the same time, with the arrival of 15 new derelict settlements this patch and a bunch of enormous distribution centers next patch, the planets are now being VERY fleshed out with so many cool unique locations that players have begun losing track of what EXISTS in the game (none of us have been to all the new derelict settlements, not even shubn, and we're about to have a bunch of new locations dumped on us in a couple of weeks). And things will only get "worse" when persistent hangars arrive next patch and apartments a few patches down the line, not to speak of the animal-filled caves that were just datamined [ > ].

So a planetary commander rank is now needed. To that end I have DEMOTED the current Commander Spec to merely planetary commander (he was system commander before), and made a brand-new gold-themed Supreme Commander Spec that's the system commander. And finally, I have changed the galactic commander's title (meaning mine) to Supreme Leader, or Supreme Führer.

So, as you can see below, the SupCom's main loadout now consists of a pistol that costs $1,000, a sniper rifle that costs $2,500, and an undersuit and armor that cost $5,000. These prices aren't separate, they're cumulative, which means with $5,000 you get everything, but that's still a crazy amount of money, more than most people's entire Steam libraries cost. So who the fuck will I make system commanders then?

Well, shubn and ysignal are already there. Adjudicator is probably already there too, and recoil and I are halfway there. That's 5 prospective system commanders right off the bat, and we've barely just begun. So I don't see anything unreasonable about introducing this spec. It was about time I did.

Every time I think, "The last thing I need is ANOTHER fighter."
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... _i_need_is

As aforesaid, I was motivated to act by the F7C Mk II's introduction because one of its paints looks very similar to the Executive Edition vehicles that the SupCom will be getting. So it's a perfect medium fighter for this rank. And since there is a limited window to acquire the Mk II (must buy it over the next couple of months up to Invictus Launch Week), and even more limited window to acquire its F7A military variant (must complete all Overdrive missions before ILW), I thought I'd give prospective SupComs a chance, and a reason, to consider buying it, or at the very least acquiring the upgrade tokens so that they can buy it at some point down the line. You can buy a Mk II CCU right now for just $10, then gain the F7A token by completing Overdrive, then complete the chain whenever you have about 150 spare dollars. The event is also likely to be run again at some point, but that's at least half a year to a year out. So it's not an impossible ship to get, nor a very expensive one, but you'll only get one or two opportunities a year, from the looks of it. And as SupCom it will tide you over until you hit $15k and get the F8C Executive Edition.

There were multiple other perks in introducing this rank. One major one for me is that it smooths out some of the abrupt jumps in tech between ranks. Previously, the jump for example in capital ships between Captain and Commander was huge because the Captain had the Polaris and the Commander had both an Idris and a Kraken. Now the Commander only has an Idris, the Supreme Commander a Kraken, and the Supreme Leader a Javelin. Similarly with the construction vehicles: the Commander had both a Galaxy with construction module and a Pioneer, whereas now I've only left him the Galaxy and moved the Pioneer to the Supreme Commander.

Note as always that you don't need to have all items and fulfill all requirements to gain a rank, I don't have even half of my rank's stuff either, nor the PC rig that I stipulate, nor 3 clones, etc. etc. As long as you're moving in the right direction and plan to reach the goal SOME day, you're welcome to join a rank if you want. For this particular rank, the gold suit is the minimum requirement, because the troops need to see you move around the system with it. And as aforesaid, at least 2-3 of our players already have it.

So without further ado, take a look at the new SupCom Spec, and I will have details soon on the updates to the Commander Spec, which I think you'll find are very interesting and quite radical. And after that I'll explain the new (self-)promotion system that will basically see players promoting THEMSELVES whenever they want without any input from me or need for approval.

P.S. Parenthesis means a recommendation. You can use what's in the parenthesis, or you can use something else that you prefer (unless it's a paint in the parenthesis, then you MUST use that paint).

P.P.S. Forward slash (/) means either/or. For example, with the SupCom Spec you can use the yellow medgun newly available to buy from the Subscribers Store, or if you think yellow on gold is too much and too tacky, you can use the standard white one.

P.P.P.S. I am open to alternative Battlesuit Spec helmet options, if you don't like the current helmet. In fact we could go as far as giving each system commander his own unique helmet, or even unique battlesuit once there are more in the game to choose from. In general, the higher the rank the more I can work with the players to customize it, because fewer players are involved, so fewer people to convince of, and satisfy with, a change. At the apex of this is me because I am only one person in my spec so I can do whatever the hell I want. And if anyone thinks that's too great a perk to give myself... start your own org and see how you like them apples. If I am working dozens of hours per month to administer the org, I will damn well wear whatever the heck I want to.

P.P.P.P.S. Royal and Imperial lieutenants and bodyguards are coming.

CULT SUPREME COMMANDER
Role: Those serving in this prestigious position are responsible for ensuring The Cult is ready for combat at all times and against all enemies, external and internal. Supreme Commanders oversee the command of an entire solar system during times of war and times of peace, and can launch operations without prior authorization.

Requirements: Must display boundless initiative and thrive under conditions of complete lack of supervision.

Training: grand strategy games (4X), city-building/automation games, survival-builders, first-person 4X games, roleplaying games.

Insomnia Subscription: Cult Roleplayer

Roberts Space Industries Subscription: Imperator

Concierge Level: Praetorian ($15,000)

HARDWARE SPEC
Multiboxing: 2 clones simultaneously
Motion: any DOF Reality
Controllers: dual sticks + control deck + eye-tracker + mouse + keyboard
Streaming: 1080p
Resolution: VR or 4K
Rig: 13900K or equivalent, RTX 3090 Ti or equivalent, 32 GB DDR4, NVMe SSD

GROUND SPEC
Venture Explorer Suit Executive Edition [Concierge] [$$$]
Venture Helmet Executive [Concierge] [$$$]
Venture Executive Core/Arms/Legs [Concierge] [$$$]
Left back: (Gallant "Executive Edition" Rifle/Custodian "Executive Edition" SMG/Devastator "Executive Edition" Shotgun [Loot] [N/A])
Right back: Arrowhead Sniper Rifle Executive Edition [Concierge] [$$$]
Left thigh: 4x MedPen (Hemozal) [Pharmacy] [400]
Left thigh: ParaMed "Xanthic" Medical Device [Subscribers] [$$$]/ParaMed Medical Device [Pharmacy] [1,250]
Right thigh: Right thigh: Arclight II Laser Pistol Executive Edition [Concierge] [$$$]
Right thigh: Pyro RYT "Mirage" Multi-Tool [Subscribers] [$$$] + TruHold Tractor Beam Attachment [Cubby Blast] [320]
Left torso: 3x Individual Choice ammo [Cubby Blast]
Right torso: 3x Arrowhead Sniper Rifle Battery (16 cap) [Cubby Blast] [108]

BATTLESUIT SPEC
Novikov Ascension Kit [RSI] [$$$]
S71 Ascension Rifle/Karna Ascension Rifle [RSI] [$$$]
Atzkav "Deadeye" Sniper Rifle [RSI] [$$$]
Yubarev "Deadeye" Pistol/Coda Ascension Pistol [RSI] [$$$]

GROUND VEHICLE SPEC
Luxury Transport: Lynx (Moonrise) [Grey Market] [$$$]
Combat Bike: X1 Force [Grey Market] [$$$]

PILOT SPEC
Venture Explorer Suit Executive Edition [Concierge] [$$$]
Venture Helmet Executive [Concierge] [$$$]
Left thigh: 2x MedPen (Hemozal) [Pharmacy] [200]
Left thigh: ParaMed "Xanthic" Medical Device [Subscribers] [$$$]/ParaMed Medical Device [Pharmacy] [1,250]
Right thigh: Arclight II Laser Pistol Executive Edition [Concierge] [$$$]
Left torso: 2x Arclight Pistol Battery (30 cap) [Cubby Blast] [14]
Capital bridge uniform: None

SHIP SPEC
Light Carrier: Kraken [N/A] [N/A]
Heavy Construction: Pioneer [N/A] [N/A]
Minelayer: Nautilus [N/A] [N/A]
Heavy Gunship: Hammerhead [New Deal] [12,459,900]
Luxury Expedition: 600i Executive Edition [Concierge] [$$$]
Heavy Repair: Crucible [N/A] [N/A]
Heavy Bomber: Retaliator Bomber [New Deal] [4,031,700]
Heavy Fighter: F8C Lightning Executive Edition [Concierge] [$$$]
Medium Fighter: F7A Hornet Mk II (Ironscale) [RSI] [$$$]
VIP Transport: E1 Spirit (Olympia) [N/A] [N/A]
Snub Fighter: P-72 Archimedes [Astro Armada] [150,000]
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Mar 2024 22:45

This is just WOW: https://twitter.com/rstarcitizen/status ... 4826094022

If you can write down the items for me, shubn, I'll purchase them and try them on and fill in any gaps and this will be our Cult Technician Spec that can fly refuelers, repair ships, hack shit, repair shit, and basically do all sorts of odd jobs and fill odd roles. I am sure he'll also be very useful in base-building.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 20 Mar 2024 00:13

Undersuit: Second Life
Helmet: Why Not?
Core: Stitcher
Legs: Stitcher
Backpack: Sinkhole

No arms I think, that's just the undersuit arms.

The undersuit, helmet and backpack can be bought at Grim HEX, the core and legs are worn by pirates in the 890 mission.
shubn

Unread postby shubn » 20 Mar 2024 00:46

Took a few screenshots of the Medic Spec.

shubn

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Mar 2024 01:04

These are amazing! The ones at the terminal especially are so creative, they even hide the flare-clipping while showing the backpack AND the bed. I used the one with the head down, go check the spec in the first page to see how much cooler it makes it look. And send me all of them via Discord DM because I think Imgur compresses them.

Regarding the flare-clipping, you can almost imagine that the armor has holes to slide them in. That said, if we could find a core that looks good while not having this problem, I'd replace it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Mar 2024 15:17

I ended up switching for the one with the head straight because the other one's fingers were clipping through the terminal.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Hangar Size Update

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Mar 2024 00:41

Just a quick hangar update. The tactical ranks (Inquisitor, Master Chief, Captain) now require S, M and L hangars respectively, and the strategic ranks (Commander, Supreme Commander, Supreme Leader) all require an XL hangar (so the strategic player must own either a Reclaimer or 890J).

More updates to follow.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Mar 2024 04:23

After some more thought, I lowered the (Planetary) Commander’s hangar requirement from XL to L. These are all military ranks and there are currently no military XL ships in the game; the Carrack and the Hammerhead are both L. So I don’t see the point in requiring a Commander to buy a Reclaimer or 890J when he’s never going to use them in battle, or for anything connected to it. Once the Polaris is out, and assuming it can fit in hangars at all, I will re-evaluate, but for now L will do the job just fine (and it saves me from having to buy 2 or more Reclaimers because I plan to run some Commanders of my own lol).
icycalm
Hyperborean

Master Chief Spec Backpack (II)

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Mar 2024 20:13

Where to get this armour and backpack
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... d_backpack

This ingenious loadout modification would be perfect for giving a backpack to the Master Chief, if not for the primary yellow color that I'd like to reserve for Planetary Commanders. However, the recent Novikov Ascension armor suit lacked its backpack and people made such a stink about it that CIG has now added a line in its store page that they're working on the backpack and will deliver it later. I have given the Novikov Ascension suit as the battlesuit of the Supreme Commander, but not the backpack, because I don't want the highest ranks to carry backpacks, so I am simply going to give the backpack, when it's released, to the Master Chief. It's all-silver which will go very well with his current metallic greyish colors.

Until then, I haven't completely rejected shubn's suggestion of the base Pembroke backpack. I just need to try it out and see how the weapons hang off it. I know he's posted pics, but I want to see it in motion in-game.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Mar 2024 23:54

Renamed the Cult Supreme Leader rank to Cult Emperor. The reason for the change will become apparent once CIG starts revealing Star Citizen's metaplot, which of course revolves around the game's protagonist, icycalm.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Cult Technician Spec

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Mar 2024 02:09

I just found out that an entire brand-new two-handed tool was added to 3.22 without me knowing!

Cambio SRT
https://starcitizen.tools/Cambio_SRT

Star Citizen Wiki wrote:The Cambio SRT (Salvage and Repair Tool) by Greycat Industrial is a dedicated handheld tool to salvage and make quick repair on vehicles. It can collect and convert alloys and polymers found in scrap into recycled material composite that can either be sold or used to make quick repairs.

The Cambio SRT offers rapid stripping speeds and an impressive battery life, making it an essential gadget for mechanics and spacefarers.

When I saw it I knew I had to finish up the Cult Technician ASAP and give it to him, so here he is.

Some notes:

• I know the SRT repair mechanics don't do very much yet, but they will someday, and this is the spec for them. This guy is perfect for refueling you and then patching up any holes in your vehicle before sending you back on your way again.
  • The pic I used has the MaxLift and some other inconsistencies (e.g. the pirate backpack). It's just a temporary pic. If anyone can take pics (preferably 4K) in front of or inside the Area18 Dumper's Depot, post them here.
  • I briefly considered giving him BOTH the SRT and the MaxLift, but he really needs a longarm for when he gets into a fight, as I am sure he will eventually. And the MaxLift has a ton of possible tactical uses that can't be fulfilled by this guy, since he'll be so far from the front, so I will stick with my choice of having the MaxLift in the Captain Spec. I would have preferred to give it to the Master Chief, but he really needs both his longarm slots for big guns. As things stand, then, with one Captain and one Technician in your team you can have both of these cool two-handed tools at your disposal, and of course you can always order Inquisitors to carry either of them in their extra back slots if you think they will be needed.
  • The Stitcher Arms aren't shown in the temporary pic, but I have put them in the spec. Are they needed to block out the vacuum in space for EVA? Either way, I'll see how it looks with the arms, aesthetically, and will probably leave them in, unless it looks WAY worse AND there's not much benefit to having them. For now assume the arms are in.
  • I haven't included any canisters or batteries for the SRT (or for the MaxLift in the Captain Spec). Not sure how many we need and, for the canisters, if they are prefilled or need to be filled with material. I am sure someone will look into this stuff at some point and let me know, and I'll update all relevant specs.
  • Also gave this guy 5x Tigersclaw and 1x OxyTorch Cutter Attachment (they're in the backpack, but you can move them around wherever you want). The point is, this guy is the random support guy. Any random support tasks you want done, he's the guy for them.
  • Took all the support vehicles from all the other ranks (repair, refuel, recovery) and gave them to this guy. That makes 4 vehicles in all, same number as the Medic, with again 2 of them currently in-game, again as the Medic: the Starfarer Gemini and the SRV. If you want to bring either of these 2 vehicles in a CULT mission, you MUST either gear up as Technician or call a Technician. P.S. I am really loving how the Cult Specialists are thinning the lists of vehicles for the various Cult Soldier ranks. Next up is the Cult Engineer who'll take all the construction/base-building and minelaying vehicles.
  • I am not happy with the standard CULT rifle I gave the guy, and I want to give him the one in the temporary pic, but I am not sure which one it is, and I suspect it's a loot-only one. That's fine for this guy though because you aren't supposed to have many of him or bring him in harm's way. He's mostly meant to be used as a clone, and kept a jump away from the action. So let me know if you know what rifle he's holding, and I'll put it in his spec. For now I've given him our standard rifle and ammo. I've also given him the handcannon Coda pistol that I've also given (in its purple imperial version) to the Emperor Spec. It's the pistol in the temporary pic, and I think it fits this guy perfectly.

CULT TECHNICIAN
Role: Cult Technicians maintain, process, and troubleshoot military systems and operations. They deal with highly sensitive information and need to possess technical skills and aptitude for the operation of a wide variety of mechanical and software systems.

Requirements: Must be hyped to join a team of world-class technicians and support staff who are fully focused on empowering The Cult today and in the future by leveraging cutting-edge technologies such as artificial intelligence, quantum effects, autonomy, robotics, advanced energetics, and synthetic biology to give Cult Soldiers the ability to see, sense, decide and act faster than their adversaries.

Training: logistics simulators, hacking simulators, vehicle sims, space sims.

GROUND SPEC
Second Life Undersuit [Skutters] [800]
Why Not? Helmet [Skutters] [1,000]
Stitcher Core/Arms/Legs [Loot] [N/A]
Sinkhole Backpack with 5x Tigersclaw and OxyTorch Cutter Attachment [Skutters + Cubby Blast] [2,090 + 4,995 + 209]
Left back: P4-AR "Nightstalker" Rifle [Cubby Blast] [3,671]
Right back: Cambio SRT [Dumper's Depot] [1,100]
Left thigh: ParaMed Medical Device [Pharmacy] [1,250]
Right thigh: Coda Pistol [Skutters] [740]
Right thigh: Pyro RYT Multi-Tool + TruHold Tractor Beam Attachment [Cubby Blast] [412 + 320]
Left torso: 3x P4-AR Magazine (30 cap) [Cubby Blast] [36]
Right torso: 3x Individual Choice ammo [Cubby Blast]

SHIP SPEC
Heavy Repair: Crucible [N/A] [N/A]
Refueling: Starfarer Gemini (Black) [New Deal] [6,191,500]
Medium Repair/Refuel: Vulcan [N/A] [N/A]
Recovery: SRV (Dark Storm) [Grey Market] [$$$]
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 29 Mar 2024 10:46

The gun in the pic is the FS-9 LMG. Hard to tell which color with the lighting, but I'm pretty sure it's the default loot-only one.
shubn

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Mar 2024 16:04

Fixed it. I also noticed that the wiki says the Stitcher only has 5 ammo slots, so I took the Individual Choice ammo down to 2. The wiki is often outdated on armor data however, so this might be wrong.

As always, the updates only show in the OP, not in my earlier post.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Cult Bounty Hunter Spec

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Apr 2024 03:55

What does the Cult Bounty Hunter do?

He brings the ships that have prisoner containment cells, for when The Cult needs to apprehend someone, namely the Avenger Stalker (6 cells), U9C Hawk (1 cell, because it's also a capable fighter), Cutlass Blue (12 cells), and the upcoming Zeus Mk II MR (2 cells) which can be thought of as the "capital ship" for bounty hunters (it can also carry a lot of cargo and ground vehicles, and multiple bounty hunters).

I modeled his armor out of Garman Humble's.

This is a masterwork of fashion design because each piece of armor is taken from a different line, yet they all mesh perfectly together and look as if they'd been designed to work together from the start. AND at the same time they mimic perfectly the source material's (Star Wars) while being far superior to it. Truly whoever put this getup together has an amazing eye.

So what you're seeing in that pic is the Paladin helmet, Microid core, DustUp arms, and Lynx legs. Impossible to tell what undersuit he's wearing, so I gave him the Scaleweave which I think fits him perfectly in the sense that, if he removed say his arm or leg armor, what would be revealed beneath would still look like it belongs with the rest of the pieces.

So far so great, BUT there is a problem. The Microid core is extremely hard to get. It can only be found in lootboxes, and even then rarely. And since there are multiple variations of it, the chances of finding the precise one that matches all the other pieces are even slimmer.

The solution? We'll use the Lynx Core Base instead, that can be bought in stores like all the other items (except the helmet, which must be bought in the Subscribers Store). This is what this version of the getup looks like, though unfortunately his rifle obscures the core:

You get the idea though, it is a very stylish getup that looks very different to our military ranks, and even the rest of the specialists, so when a Bounty Hunter shows up, you know he's a special kind of dude here to do a special kind of job. And of course you can also use him on a daily basis when hunting bounties, if you want, even though the prisoner mechanics aren't in yet. Whether he would look cool in the typical medium of heavy fighters we use for bounty hunting is another question; my sense is that the Pilot Spec for your rank is a much more suitable loadout for these jobs. It looks cooler in a fighter, and it's also easier to get and cheaper, and faster to put on. But if you need an occasional break from that outfit and feel like wearing something else, or if you also expect to get off your ship and hunt someone on foot or in a ground vehicle, definitely the Bounty Hunter loadout would serve you best and look cooler.

I haven't given him a backpack yet because I'd need to see them in the game first (I made this spec entirely via googling and haven't tried it in-game yet). I suspect that either the standard CSP-68L (not the ones we've been using for the soldier ranks via the Subscribers Store but the one you can buy at Cubby Blast), or the CSP-68M that the Inquisitors use (again from Cubby Blast), will do fine. Failing those, maybe the Technician's Sinkhole can be used here too. The problem is that the Bounty Hunter's core is small, so I am not sure if it can take anything bigger than the small backpack. We'll have to test all this stuff, so throw some pics up if you do.

I picked all his longarms from the Subscribers Store because there are some cool variations in there that I'd like to put to use, and they would distinguish him from the rest of the ranks. For the large one I've given an option between grenade launcher and sniper rifle, and for the regular one I've given him only a shotgun. I'd like to add a regular rifle to the shotgun option, but there's nothing in the Pledge Store or Subscribers Store that would fit the rest of the guns, so we must find something in the in-game stores. Whatever it is, it must match the rest of the guns, and be ideally different from all the guns we already use in other specs. Let me know if you can propose anything.

I haven't entirely given up on the Microid core either. In fact I have another picture to show that has the Microid core AND Microid arms, and it looks banging:

First though I want to see how it looks with the Lynx core. Maybe it'll be entirely satisfactory. That would certainly make things easier. If not, maybe an entirely different core can be found. One of the Aztalan cores might be worth trying, for example: https://starcitizen.tools/Aztalan

I am also mulling a decision to give the Bounty Hunter several core/arm options to choose from, so that bounty hunters would arrive on the front with quite a bit of individual customization in their look, so that even if you got several of them together, they wouldn't look identical like regular soldiers, which would fit them much better.

So if someone wants to spend time looking for Microid pieces in lootboxes, he can use those, and if others prefer to grab some stuff from a shop, they can do that. And I will list in the spec ALL available options, so there won't be a confusion: same as I do with some of the specs' weapons, and indeed with the Bounty Hunter's own weapons.

Note that I have NOT yet decided on this setup. For now, use what's in the spec, and we'll take it from there. I need to see the various options in-game first, or at least pics of them.

And on the OTHER hand, the Microid armor is such a stunning piece of kit when viewed in its entirety that I am not sure I'd want to cannibalize it. If I could find some other job for it, for a new spec, and if it can be purchased fairly reliably in the black market (black is in-game, grey is out of game with cash), or if perhaps it can be looted more easily in Pyro, then I'd rather save it for a separate spec. I am thinking if at some point you can bed log in outposts and settlements, the Microid dude can be based there and act as our "embedded" local connection or whatever.

I remember buying this from a store years ago, finally pieced it back together.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/co ... _years_ago

Pyromike16 wrote:Tusken raider vibes. Where'd you get the parts?

benjamindawg wrote:New mercenary contracts in Hurston and microTech will take you to the new Duster settlements. They wear Microid and Lynx armour mixed together with some new clothing. I've seen the "leader" spawn in with Paladin helmets three times so far :o

The boots aren't Microid, I don't know what they are, probably some new Duster ones, but they're genius with this outfit. Need to track them down. So stylish.

Last thing to note before I go ahead and give the Bounty Hunter Spec is that I am not sure on the number of ammo slots on the core and so on. I used the wiki figures, but they're sometimes outdated, so let me know if I need to make any adjustments if you end up using this spec before I do. Oh and when the jails get implemented, there will also be handcuffs and stuff, so I'll flesh out this spec more when we get those items, which will differentiate it even more from all the others we have.

CULT BOUNTY HUNTER
Role: Cult Bounty Hunters work for The Cult under contract to a bail bondsman who captures fugitives or criminals for a commission or bounty. They are typically independent contractors paid a commission of the total bail amount that is owed by the fugitive; they provide their own professional liability insurance and only get paid if they are able to find the "skip" and bring them in. The occupation, officially known as a bail enforcement agent or fugitive recovery agent, has traditionally operated outside the legal constraints that govern police officers and other agents of the state. This is because a bail agreement between a defendant and a bail bondsman is essentially a civil contract that is incumbent upon the bondsman to enforce. Since they are not police officers, bounty hunters are exposed to legal liabilities from which agents of the state are protected as these immunities enable police to perform their functions effectively without fear of lawsuits. Everyday citizens approached by a bounty hunter are neither required to answer their questions nor allowed to be detained.

Requirements: Must enjoy spending much of your time investigating, researching, interviewing, and staking out locations so as to obtain the whereabouts of fugitives. Excelling in this role is often reserved for individuals with a distinct set of qualities, including resourcefulness, intelligence, and perseverance.

Training: investigation games, adventure games, stealth games, vehicle sims, space sims, racing games.

GROUND SPEC
Scaleweave Undersuit [Cubby Blast] [1,000]
Savior Collection "Nightfire" Paladin Helmet [Subscribers] [$$$]
Lynx Core Base [ARC-L1] [1,456]
DustUp Arms Tactical [ARC-L1] [913]
Lynx Legs Base [ARC-L1] [830]
Left back: Kastak Arms Devastator Shotgun - Voyager edition [Subscribers] [$$$]
Right back: GP-33 MOD "Thunderclap" Grenade Launcher/Klaus & Werner Arrowhead Sniper Rifle - Voyager edition [Subscribers] [$$$]
Left thigh: ParaMed Medical Device [Pharmacy] [1,250]
Right thigh: Coda Pistol [Skutters] [740]
Right thigh: Pyro RYT Multi-Tool + TruHold Tractor Beam Attachment [Cubby Blast] [412 + 320]
Left torso: 3x Devastator Shotgun Battery (12 cap) [Cubby Blast] [36]
Right torso: 3x GP-33 MOD Grenade Launcher Magazine (6 cap) [Cubby Blast] [180]/3x Arrowhead Sniper Rifle Battery (16 cap) [Cubby Blast] [108]

SHIP SPEC
Bounty Hunter: Zeus Mk II MR [N/A] [N/A]
Interdiction: Cutlass Blue [New Deal] [2,493,500]
Light Fighter: U9C Hawk [Astro Armada] [1,284,400]
Interdiction: Avenger Stalker (Ironweave) [New Deal] [882,200]
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Apr 2024 07:42

I removed the Mule and the Avenger Titan from the Inquisitor, and the C2 Hercules Starlifter from the Captain because these aren’t combat vehicles, they’re industrial vehicles that I will give to the various Contractor Specs that I’ll be updating soon. These will become as detailed as the military specs as I’ll be distributing all the industrial vehicles between them with as much care and thought as I’ve put into the military ranks.

So if you’re in combat gear and want to use a Mule, use an Ursa instead. Use a Cutlass Black instead of an Avenger Titan, and an A2 or M2 instead of a C2. The industrial vehicles should only be used when there’s no expectation of combat, and you should be kitted out in Contractor gear when using them.

That said, there are rare but legitimate scenarios when an industrial vehicle simply should be brought into a warzone, or a combat vehicle into an industrial operation, and in such cases the decision will be made by the CO on the spot, and will be followed. Use the listed paints, if any, when utilizing these vehicles, as normal.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Possible New Cult Ranger Backpack

Unread postby icycalm » 03 Apr 2024 01:16

https://www.flickr.com/photos/188607306 ... tarcitizen

This backpack doesn't look bad at all for the Ranger as option for something larger than the small backpack we've given him. I need to see it in the flesh though because good photographers can deceptively elevate the material. I can't even make out its color in that light.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 09 Apr 2024 10:26

For the Stitcher armor, I checked in game and it has 6 magazine slots. I fixed it on the wiki.

As for the Lynx Core, since it's light armor, it indeed only supports light backpacks.
shubn

Previous

Return to Cult Citizen