default header

Cult Citizen

Cult Capital Fleet

Moderator: JC Denton

Cult Capital Fleet

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Nov 2023 15:32

We need to start talking cap ships, because the first capital warship, the Polaris, is coming in the game less than 12 months from now. Almost certainly it will be in the game for next year's IAE, if not earlier at CitCon. Moreover, Squadron 42 is expected around that time too and CR said at CitCon that they're bringing all versions of the Idris in SC at the same time. So that's TWO capital warships 12 months or sooner from now! And all we have right now is Adjudicator's one Idris. Which isn't bad, mind you, but obviously we need more.

So first order of business for me was to buy the Perseus to Polaris Warbond CCU that's available only today. It's $25 but it has a $75 value, so that's $50 saved. That's a significant saving considering the price of the ship is currently $750. And keep in mind that prices increase at release. It could well end up close to $1,000 by the time it's out, but now I've locked in the current price so I don't care, and I did it with only $25 up front. By chaining a bunch more Warbond CCUs I've been hoarding and will keep accumulating, I should be able to get it at about $500 come the summer. Which is a steal considering what this thing can do.

The new armor model that's coming in the game by the way will mean that large ships are basically invulnerable to small fighter fire. Big ships already pack a punch in the game, but by next year the only way to defeat a big ship will be another big ship, or a dedicated bomber ship like the Retaliator. So we need more big ships.

Polaris commercial from 7 years ago:

RSI Polaris: UEE Militia Mobilization Initiative
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK52v7NF-CA

ISC episode on the Polaris from 11 months ago (the Polaris segment starts at 7:00):

Inside Star Citizen: Finding the North Star | Fall 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Fjctpk2qU

And above all, the Polaris segment at CitCon a month ago:

Polaris - CitizenCon 2953
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGvjrVPfkWE

The thing can take a Scorpius, the heaviest dual-seat fighter in the game. It's still in greybox, so expect a shitton more detail. In the video you can see it releasing the Scorpius as it fires four giant torpedoes that down an Idris.

@az_3kgt714 wrote:It's like thousands of Idris owners cried out in terror and then... Silence.

@Mud_AleX wrote:Carrying 10 size 10 torpedoes, yes, you can take a couple of Idris' down, but after that you will have to rock your way with empty pockets... looking good for big fleet skirmishes...

@e.b.4872 wrote:Big boat killer... There something big right there for firework... But it will be not efficient against smaller ship fleets while the Idris is. Chose your role. That's the definition.

@Lordparable wrote:How many Arrows you think you can fit in that bay? Like 4.

Or Furys lol. 10-20 at least.

@fredrock3488 wrote:And it has 28 torpedoes total.

Capital ships will be THE ships to bring to Pyro. We'll be able to live off them even without a base. But base-building also goes in the game within 12 months. At least the T0 implementation. And how do you defend a base in lawless Pyro? With cap ships.

So let's talk cap ships. If you have any plans to buy one, let us know here so we can coordinate our acquisitions. I haven't talked about the Idris yet, but that's an even bigger deal than the Polaris, and it costs twice lol. That has several versions including a military one that's very hard to get, or maybe even impossible now? I think Adjudicator has the gimped P (Peacekeeping) version. And moreover you can only buy an Idris twice a year, and even then only if you manage to win the F5 Wars (about which I am compiling sources for a ca$hmoney thread post soon). At least the Polaris isn't hull-limited and you can buy as many as you want, again only twice a year or so, but at least you don't have to fight the entire whale playerbase for one of them.

P.S. The exterior of the Idris has been in the game for a long time because you fight it in several missions, but just a couple of days ago the INTERIOR also went in, in the 3.22 PTU. Things are heating up in the verse!

Older videos of the Idris interior:

Idris interior "Captain's Quarters"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwpMo-pGl80

Exclusive Aegis Idris Interior Tour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDYdl04S94Q

P.P.S. The Hammerhead isn't a cap ship, it's just a giant gunship. Glad we have several of them, but it doesn't count as a cap ship and can't play that role in Pyro etc. The 890J IS a cap ship, but it's a leisure craft. Totally unsuitable for combat ops. I WILL buy one as soon as I can afford it, but the warships take precedence, so I am not buying it until I have both cap warships coming out next year. And you must win the F5 Wars to get this too btw. But we can buy it in-game, and already have one in fact, so it's definitely not a priority, and in fact it's a cool credit sink for us. I wonder if/how you'll be able to buy the cap warships in the game once they go in. I think I've heard you need maxed reputation with the UEE, and tons of credits. Not to mention operating costs lol.

P.P.P.S. The other major cap ship to start thinking about is the Pioneer. That's the base-building ship, and it's the only way to build XL base structures. But that's 2 years away at least. Still, you need to win the F5 Wars for it, so the earlier we start thinking about it, the better.

P.P.P.P.S. Any hull-limited ship that therefore requires you to win the F5 Wars cannot be CCUed to, or gifted. So you can't even get it from the grey market. The only way to avoid the F5 Wars and get these ships on demand (i.e. without having to wait for IAE or Invictus) is to buy one of the whale packs on the Concierge store. So that's something to look into for those who can afford it. I can't afford it for now unfortunately, and for the foreseeable future, so F5 Wars it is for me, and my first try will be in the summer at Invictus, crypto gods willing.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Cult Capital Fleet

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Nov 2023 15:43

Another way to grab cap ships if we need one or more urgently at some point and none of us can afford them is to... simply melt our fleets and put the credits in a cap ship. I think we must be at $20,000-$25,000 as a group by this point, so that amounts to a dozen or more cap ships. The only problem is that you still have to play the F5 Wars, and the credits version of the cap ships go much faster than the Warbond versions. But you can also buy a whale pack if you have enough credits. Something to think about, if we end up needing this option.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ysignal » 01 Dec 2023 04:13

I plan to buy the Polaris at the next CitCon or IAE, maybe earlier. I don't have any specific plans to buy an Idris yet.
ysignal

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Mar 2024 22:10

An update with some findings I've made over the last few weeks on capital ship acquisition.

It turns out that the F5 Wars are just for the poors. The F5 Wars are like the liberal Aryans who go to brown regions to distribute food. They open up the back of the truck and lob out some loaves, and the browns kill themselves over who will grab them. Meanwhile in Aryan regions people just go to the supermarkets or restaurants, some of which are open 24/7.

Same with CIG's capital ship sales. They open up a few slots for a few hours over the year with a few hundred available ships to drum up hype, and the poors stay up all night and employ complex procedures to fight the other poors and secure a ship. Meanwhile the wealthy and the comfortable go to the Game Packages page, scroll all the way down, and pick a package with the capital ship(s) of their choice, available 24/7/365: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/stor ... e-packages

For example, the $6,400 Dominus Pack that includes an Idris-P (the civilian model) among a couple dozen other ships: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... ck-Digital

Or the $15,000 Praetorian Pack that includes an Idris-M (the exact same military version used in Squadron 42), 890J, Polaris, Pioneer, Prowler, Carrack, Hammerhead, Reclaimer, Merchantman, Hull C and dozens more: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... ck-Digital

If $6,400 sounds like a lot of money, keep in mind at least THREE of our people have already hit it. Which means they could melt their entire fleets and put the credits in this package, getting an Idris with a few clicks any hour of the day or night. Sure they would lose some smaller ships, but they can rebuy them in the game with aUEC. Do keep in mind though that any CCU discounts or grey market markups will be lost in the process. But plenty of people don't bother with the CCU game at all, and anyway, if you want a capital ship, you're going to do what you have to do to get it. Losing your 30% discount on some random fighters or whatever is a small price to pay for having basically an entire FP4X-level base that can move across the galaxy and looks cooler than even movie ships.

So one strategy that a bunch of poorfags COULD employ if they HAD any brains is to GIFT ALL THEIR SHIPS to ONE new account to which they all have access, then MELT all those ships and buy a pack with capital ships that they can all use. So they would have that fleet available no matter which of them were online. But all this requires intelligence, trust, planning, etc. that poorfags of course lack. Which is why they're poor. As for us, we don't need this because we aren't poor. I am just sayin' tho, if any poors are reading this, and if they somehow have enough taste to play this game despite being poors. And if they have friends who play it, or friends at all. They COULD use this strategy to pool together their meagre resources and acquire a capital fleet.

That said, I have saved some extensive posts on the F5 Wars from Reddit and Spectrum, and will be posting them in the Real Ca$hmoney thread in the run-up to Invictus Launch Week (ILW) at the end of May.

And finally, here's an update on how the Cult Capital Fleet is currently looking.

Idris: Adjudicator has a -P and I will be getting at least a -P if not better sometime before the Idris is released

Polaris: ysignal, shubn and I have pledged to buy one each

Pioneer: shubn has pledged to buy one

It's looking really good then! 2 Idrises, 3 Polarises and 1 Pioneer is no mean fleet! The tougher task will be crewing them, and we do have enough people to fully crew ONE of them at a time. So the challenge is to manage to crew 2 at a time, and then more.

As for some tactics talk, if I could fly 2 of them, I'd pick an Idris and a Polaris, because they're each other's counter. And I would put 3 Gladiuses in the Idris and 1 Scorpius in the Polaris, so that we could unleash a small fighter squadron with 3 light and 1 heavy fighter when needed.

That's all I have for now, the next bit of info I need to research is precisely what the differences are between Idris-P, -K, and -M. I still haven't figured this out.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Capital Combat

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Mar 2024 18:52

Liberty's Reapers: We Perfect Warfare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9tqMuFkln8

Liberty's Reapers wrote:Liberty's Reapers is a leading competitive PVP Organization in Star Citizen.

We recruit combat pilots and FPS players who have talent and the right mindset. Connect with us on Discord found on our RSI Page.

This video has been making waves recently because it's the coolest org trailer yet. I am putting it here because it depicts multi-capital ship combat where they crash a Javelin into a Bengal lol (which is the exact tactic an org used against CIG in the recent Capture the Idris event only there they were crashing Auroras into Idrises until CIG buffed the Idris in response). This is the future of game combat, and it's cooler than any movie combat you've ever seen. And I think it's motivational for us while building our capital fleet and trying to crew it to have this video in this thread.

And no, there's no black Gladius, they just made it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cult Citizen